Sign in to follow this  
Maxell

Altis map - planned changes

Well, I expected a new stadium, as it has been under construction for months ;):

df201a284720460.jpg

The Ghost Hotel location has some great rocks and forest, and I hope that not too many of them are removed for the new hotel. Damn real estate developers! ;)

96f534284724375.jpg

9f30fe284724379.jpg

d8ffb6284724391.jpg

71f878284724416.jpg

0308b9284724424.jpg

4d8653284724407.jpg

The area reminds me slightly of one of my favorite places in Chernarus:

d119a0200522668.jpg

Great news and I think they will both be good(interested about the hotel)

However its a bit sad that the stadium wont be bigger. :(

Very nice, the more custom objects on Altis the merrier. :D

Ps. Phone booths will probably only exist in dictionaries in 2035. But whatever, they will add atmosphere to towns. Kiosks will add some realism too I'm sure.

Also, some parts of Altis where there's just grass looks a bit bad, maybe spread out some more of the small rocks, they look pretty good.

Edited by Zorg_DK

Nice to see improvements to the map, but is it possible to add more usable rooms to the larger buildings I'm mainly talking about the office buildings and the hospital, I would rather like to feel I am walking though a large building than a set of corridors with invincible locked doors. what about the white warehouse building with the shuttered garage door that's not been enterable at all since alpha and yet is a common building.

Some inland water locations would be good too. small lakes, ponds, similar to Chernarus. There is at least one inland water area on Altis that is sorely missing it: the dried-up reservoir, complete with dam :) so, water for this area plus some others.

Two very interesting locations. Thanks, can't wait to have a look around them! :)

Looks great, nice addition!

Now only add some concrete on the soft airstrips so that fixed wings can actually use them.

Ooh, yes please! :) Would really appreciate it if the airstrip outside Feres and maybe the AAC one were paved - the other two (barring the lakebed one) are probably alright as they are, imo.

Anyway, really looking forward to the changes coming through. I assume this will be in preperation for Episode 2?

*New buildings and unique compounds will be ALWAYS a pleasant surprise :)

*New buildings and unique compounds will be ALWAYS a pleasant surprise :)

Esp. when they look this cool instead of just a cargo HQ tower!

However its a bit sad that the stadium wont be bigger. :(

lol yea. I expected something like Camp Nou.

Anyway nice additions i'm sure. :)

Beyond excited. I loved the stadium in Take on Helicopters so much. It was awesome when using the rearmed dlc.

How about sometime you make Altis 2013 without solar powerplants and other futuristic stuff?

Edit: the more diversity on island, the better, go for it.

How about sometime you make Altis 2013 without solar powerplants and other futuristic stuff?

Edit: the more diversity on island, the better, go for it.

Solar power-plants are not futuristic. In fact there is nothing in the islands that I haven't seen on real life.

http://papundits.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/vista_aerea.jpg (724 kB)

Edited by MistyRonin

Maxell thanks for the update. It is astonishing to just see BIS updating their map :) hopefully other modmakers will get that chance soon for their own projects ;)

Hi everyone!

I would like to announce in this way some planned additions for the Altis map.

Besides small, rather visual, adjustments and improvements like the addition of new detailed models (street benches, phone booths, kiosks, etc.) or the extension of signposts to more crossroads, there will be two larger location additions. Namely, it will be The Stadium and abandoned Ghost Hotel compound.

• Ghost Hotel compound [21889.8,20975,0.00120354]
  • The Stadium compound [5478.28,15003.3,0.00146103]

http://i.imgur.com/8ohlMqW.png (691 kB)

We believe that these new locations will enrich the Altis map even more and offer an interesting background for your custom missions and skirmishes. And as a small teaser, here are a few photos from real-world locations that served as inspiration:

http://i.imgur.com/H7gF1PZ.jpg (198 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/bdABzNO.jpg (137 kB)

We're curious to learn what you think about these larger changes - especially since it may affect custom scenarios you have already created in the above locations. We don't intend such large changes beyond this.

Nice! I did notice that the stadium was likely still WIP because it was shown in early videos. Though the hotel complex is very nice! Nice to see these real life locations in the game! Makes it feel much more alive. Hopefully those rocks were placeholders.

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Though it would be nice to get Lemnos' ferry terminal as well.

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Looks great, nice addition!

Now only add some concrete on the soft airstrips so that fixed wings can actually use them.

Fixed wing can use them, even the larger fixed wing aircraft that shouldn't be able to can at the moment.

Edited by ProGamer

Technical question, will the new structures being added to already-established locations (kiosks and whatnot) be detectable in scripts that places AI in buildings?

Nice! We need some bigger buildings in the map. Too many small one room shacks. More big, unique structures will give more variety to gameplay and also allow CQB.

Fixed wing can use them, even the larger fixed wing aircraft that shouldn't be able to can at the moment.

To be honest, I havent tried anymore since the release. There were a couple of strips that I just could not take off. I always ended up in bushes and trees, because with the dirt rally I simply did not get enough speed to take off. The strip west of the main airport and the strip north of Altis was simply undoable.

To be honest, I havent tried anymore since the release. There were a couple of strips that I just could not take off. I always ended up in bushes and trees, because with the dirt rally I simply did not get enough speed to take off. The strip west of the main airport and the strip north of Altis was simply undoable.

I could make it with UAVs, but the Buzzard can't make it at least without taking damage from ramming something.