Sign in to follow this  
Maxell

Altis map - planned changes

Hi everyone!

I would like to announce in this way some planned additions for the Altis map.

Besides small, rather visual, adjustments and improvements like the addition of new detailed models (street benches, phone booths, kiosks, etc.) or the extension of signposts to more crossroads, there will be two larger location additions. Namely, it will be The Stadium and abandoned Ghost Hotel compound.

• Ghost Hotel compound [21889.8,20975,0.00120354]
  • The Stadium compound [5478.28,15003.3,0.00146103]

http://i.imgur.com/8ohlMqW.png (691 kB)

We believe that these new locations will enrich the Altis map even more and offer an interesting background for your custom missions and skirmishes. And as a small teaser, here are a few photos from real-world locations that served as inspiration:

http://i.imgur.com/H7gF1PZ.jpg (198 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/bdABzNO.jpg (137 kB)

We're curious to learn what you think about these larger changes - especially since it may affect custom scenarios you have already created in the above locations. We don't intend such large changes beyond this.

I think Altis has enough destroyed buildings already, but i welcome the changes and Altis is still my favourite ArmA/OFP.

IMHO that kind of locations are going to allow more creative spots for mission-makers like me. So, thumbs up

wondering where that empty road to the beach went during my 5 hours quadbike ride on altis :D

Nice to see additions and improvements to the map even after release. :)

Excellent! I need to report some floating rocks by the south east airbase. Where do I do that?They are a little to the west of the airbase main entrance.

it's cool ofcourse, but i wonder whats with midrange textures, anything on that way?

There's a thread for that in the dev branch section. It's not really relevant here.

Excellent! I need to report some floating rocks by the south east airbase. Where do I do that?They are a little to the west of the airbase main entrance.

Such things can be reported on the feedback tracker. (Make sure to include map coordinates. :))

Nice to see that more will come to the map but I have to wonder. Wasn´t the stadium visible on quite early footage of the game where the player makes a parachute jump?

Is this a sort of eviction notice for me? I have to move from my camp at north-east shore. :( The tourism is ruining our beautiful Altis.

No, really, these changes are more than welcome even at this stage.

Change and improvement are always welcome for me.

I hope the ghost hostel will be fully enter-able.

Ghost Hotel compound [21889.8,20975,0.00120354]

That sounds like Shining...redrum redrum...

Hi everyone!

I would like to announce in this way some planned additions for the Altis map.

Besides small, rather visual, adjustments and improvements like the addition of new detailed models (street benches, phone booths, kiosks, etc.) or the extension of signposts to more crossroads, there will be two larger location additions. Namely, it will be The Stadium and abandoned Ghost Hotel compound.

• Ghost Hotel compound [21889.8,20975,0.00120354]
  • The Stadium compound [5478.28,15003.3,0.00146103]

http://i.imgur.com/8ohlMqW.png (691 kB)

We believe that these new locations will enrich the Altis map even more and offer an interesting background for your custom missions and skirmishes. And as a small teaser, here are a few photos from real-world locations that served as inspiration:

http://i.imgur.com/H7gF1PZ.jpg (198 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/bdABzNO.jpg (137 kB)

We're curious to learn what you think about these larger changes - especially since it may affect custom scenarios you have already created in the above locations. We don't intend such large changes beyond this.

Hi Maxell, nice first post!

The changes are very welcome. Having unique locations is always good juju.

That ghost hotel will fit perfectly with the scenarios I have in mind and am in the process of making! Can you please shed some more light on when these changes might come through?

I dont have extensively traveled around Altis, but if there are villages there also should be administrative/landmak buildings like post offices, banks and possibily city halls.

Just a thought :) Probably many before me have already proposed something similar

boris;2545892']The river does not plan to do?

Really miss rivers.

In the mediterranean coast there are not much rivers due to the climate. What is common there is some kind of dry rivers that only have water when it rains ( and lots of water, its like a Tsunami ). That btw are well represented in both Altis and Stratis.

And the game engine doesn't really like rivers....mainly because of bridges being a pain to AI.

In the mediterranean coast there are not much rivers due to the climate. What is common there is some kind of dry rivers that only have water when it rains ( and lots of water, its like a Tsunami ). That btw are well represented in both Altis and Stratis.

Excuses.

On Chernarus should be a lot of rivers. But they are not.

And on the south Sahrani was the likeness of the rivers, and there is less favorable terrain for rivers than Altis and Stratis.

Rivers and bridges add a lot of interest in the game.

Looks great, nice addition!

Now only add some concrete on the soft airstrips so that fixed wings can actually use them.