Sign in to follow this  
Almeida

Ia2 [wip]

By BRAF Project

WC4LGcR.jpg

The IA2 is a family of firearms manufactured and designed by the company IMBEL. Theses firearms aim to equip the Brazilian Armed Forces and replace their old and outdated service rifles. The group is divided in two calibers (5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm) and two types (rifles and carbines). The family has different variants to suit different needs and areas of conflict. The weapons also support a wide range of equipments and accessories.

WHAT’S PLANNED

• IA2 C 5.56mm (carbine)

• IA2 5.56mm

• IA2 M203 5.56mm (GL)

• IA2 7.62mm

• IA2 M203 7.62mm (GL)

• IA2 SR 7.62mm (long range rifle)

Edited by Almeida
  • Like 1

Nice work, Almeida! I´m looking forward for the Brazilian Armed Forces mod - hope you guys cover the Toneleiros, GruMEC and SF too! (and Blue Helmets on Haiti)

Do you plan on modelling Muzzle Rifle Grenades, as Purple and the R3F pack have?

Manda ver, campeão!

;2545558']Nice work' date=' Almeida! I´m looking forward for the Brazilian Armed Forces mod - hope you guys cover the Toneleiros, GruMEC and SF too! (and Blue Helmets on Haiti)

Do you plan on modelling Muzzle Rifle Grenades, as Purple and the R3F pack have?

Manda ver, campeão![/quote']

Thanks! I appreciate it but the credit goes to the entire team.

Yes, we plan to develop the MosqueFAL with muzzle nades but it's not on the priority list. And about the specials units, we will be delivering these as soon as possible.

Does the Brazilian military use its own exclusive infantry optics or does it just use commercial off-the-shelf optics? For example, I can't identify this (from an article on the IA2) although I'm left thinking of the CompM2 with a magnifier. I'm wondering for the purposes of in-game attachments compatibility beyond the official BI attachments (optics, laser, light, suppressors).

Congratulations Almeida, great job ... Anxious waiting for this mod, I always had the desire to see the Brazilian medelos Weapon. Thank you.

Does the Brazilian military use its own exclusive infantry optics or does it just use commercial off-the-shelf optics? For example, I can't identify this (from an article on the IA2) although I'm left thinking of the CompM2 with a magnifier. I'm wondering for the purposes of in-game attachments compatibility beyond the official BI attachments (optics, laser, light, suppressors).

The photo templates seem reddots brand Aimpoint, puts back a reddot simple and in front a model with magnification

Edited by ghostsniper

you guys are talking about this one, right?

IA-2+ia202.jpg

These attachments are only for show off. The manufacturer attach these to demonstrate the weapon for the military expo this year, which I attended.

None of brazilian military forces has shown intention to aquire these as standard with the IA2, until now. Keep in mind that the first boxes have just arrive for the brazilian army. This weapon is still in evaluation phase. So there are no standards and many things can change.

Only for knowledge. This is the IA2 that the 1º Paratrooper Cavalry Squad has just received.

brazilian-imbel-ia2.jpg

Edited by Almeida

What about current in-service optics? Seeing as apparently the IA2 is using the ol' Picatinny rail, the "STANAG magazine" for 5.56 mm and the FAL magazine for 7.62 mm... in short, any plan to model optics or just use the standard BI ones?

Almeida, are you guys planning on using (at least an optional config) FHQ and/or RobertHammer optics? They´d fit quite well on the IA2 =)

Anxious to see this fine piece of brazilian art working ;D

For the initial release we are planning to use BI optics on our weapons but after this we will make our own optics, scopes and launchers with similar appearance with real models to IA-2 and others brazilian weapons.

Edited by tempestriser