The escape and evade mission on this is going to be amazing

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Do you guys know that we had the best border fences/system in the world? Nobody couldnt cross them in and out of Czechoslovakia :D :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DonbassCZ said:

Do you guys know that we had the best border fences/system in the world? Nobody couldnt cross them in and out of Czechoslovakia :D :D

challenge accepted XD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DonbassCZ said:

When I was stationed in West Germany during the mid 80s with the US Army, I made a number of trips to the training grounds at Grafenwoehr, which is only about 80 kilometers (50 miles) from the Czech border but unfortunately, I never managed to get close enough to see the actual border. I did accidentally get close one time. During Reforger '86, I was driving the last vehicle in a convoy on an errand to pick up some supplies. Unbeknownst to me and my co-driver, the truck in front of us wasn't actually part of the convoy. We followed him and eventually he turned and we turned with him. After awhile and several turns later, I realized that there were no trucks in front of the truck in front of us, so I started flashing my lights until he pulled over. He informed us that he wasn't part of the convoy and tried to direct us back to where we were supposed to go but we got lost in the process of trying to get there (this was way before GPS and cellphones!). We were eventually stopped at a US military checkpoint and informed that we were only about 5 miles from the border. Fortunately the MP's gave us better directions and we managed to get to where we were supposed to go. If the MPs hadn't stopped us, we might have wound up right at the border!

I wouldn't say "nobody" ever managed to cross the border though.. Unfortunately many died in the attempt but a few did manage the crossing through one method or another. Some of them were downright ingenious.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1987/Series-of-Spectacular-Escapes-from-East-Germany-and-Czechoslovakia/id-f2192d92f05cdc5f660a3d47656bcf9d

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/05/20/Czech-evades-border-guard-in-airborne-escape/4211548481600/

http://cestykesvobode.sdruzenipamet.cz/index.php/en/stories-en/31-pribeh-uteku-po-dratech

BTW, I was a huge fan of CSLA for Arma 2 and I thought that the '89 campaign was fantastic. Will the Arma 3 version include a Cold War era campaign? Even a port of the '89 campaign would be awesome. Until the time comes, I'm waiting patiently for the new version to release. :)

• Like 10

That's fantastic to see here somebody who was a "part" of Cold war era.

19 hours ago, scimitar said:

BTW, I was a huge fan of CSLA for Arma 2 and I thought that the '89 campaign was fantastic. Will the Arma 3 version include a Cold War era campaign? Even a port of the '89 campaign would be awesome. Until the time comes, I'm waiting patiently for the new version to release. :)

It's too early to confirm that A3 modification will contain campaign with such content/number of missions/sub-stories/etc. as was for A2

• Like 3

april2017_1.jpg

april2017_2.jpg

• Like 17

9 hours ago, emsi said:

*snip*

"This is the USS Freedom...where the hell are we?"

• Like 3

This looks like "The Final Countdown" flick lol.... but the second image puzzled me: does CSLA Fulcrum features R-27 Alamos or it will be only armed with R-73s and Rockets and Iron Bombs?

Keep it coming... so freaking hyped for this good ol Skoll mod =D

Cheers

• Like 2

It's like a Philadelphia happened again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

This looks like "The Final Countdown" flick lol.... but the second image puzzled me: does CSLA Fulcrum features R-27 Alamos or it will be only armed with R-73s and Rockets and Iron Bombs?

As MiG-29A was a multirole plane, also in A3 will be available in basic 3 configurations + 1 "empty" configuration for dynamic loadout as this feature will came with DLC Jets.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, emsi said:

As MiG-29A was a multirole plane, also in A3 will be available in basic 3 configurations + 1 "empty" configuration for dynamic loadout as this feature will came with DLC Jets.

Nice, so CSLA will feature a full missilebox for the Cold War era? (like R-60s/Kh-25s/KAB-250/500/S-80s etc) Great to know you guys will incorporate the dynamic loadout system already... your attention to detail is astonishing, that´s why this mod is so eagerly expected... the wait is overwhelming, but good things come for those who waits =)

I know the A2 campaign was massive, but even a short, but well crafted campaign is better than none or just a couple of SP/COOP missions... and we already have community members remaking OPF/Red Hammer and older campaigns, so maybe someone else tries to port part of that vintage material too ;)

Keep this great mod coming!

Cheers! 

• Like 3

On 23. 4. 2017 at 11:11 AM, corporal_lib[br] said:

Nice, so CSLA will feature a full missilebox for the Cold War era? (like R-60s/Kh-25s/KAB-250/500/S-80s etc)

It's too early to confirm which weapon systems for all CSLA planes will be available.

• Like 3

Evening on the base ... on the CSLA airbase

east_airbase_001.jpg

east_airbase_002.jpg

east_airbase_003.jpg

east_airbase_004.jpg

east_airbase_005.jpg

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, jdownward said:

I see a slight issue with the landing strip

The map is still in development.

42 minutes ago, jdownward said:

I see a slight issue with the landing strip

If you think the "wave" on the runway ... it's correct. I mean real ;)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, jdownward said:

Really emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Runways don't have to be completely flat.

Ever been to Birmingham airport? BHX runway

• Like 1

Yes meny times but it's not that bad

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Isn't it for ramp-takeoff to shorten the strip? Or just tajik builders from USSR? :f:

• Like 3

Look at the that Birmingham runway - BHX runway

It's not a short strip together as "our" runway. It's only a different angle of view and focus which is causing this unusuall view. :f:

On 5/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, emsi said:

Evening on the base ... on the CSLA airbase

Really like this. Iam look forward to tak a look there.

• Like 5

The base has been updated ... few more screens later on :f:

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_001.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_002.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_003.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_004.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_005.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_006.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_20160612_007.jpg

• Like 24

Loved the Hardened bunkers... emsi´s screenshots gives me the "hype bonner" everytime =)

Keep up the stellar work, CSLA guys!

Cheers!

• Like 1