On 15. 1. 2017 at 2:07 AM, GieNkoV said:

Gorgeous!

May I ask about Homeland map size?

It's approx 64 square kms.

EDIT: 

Guys, my mistake - it's 251,92 square kms.

Those 64 km2 was only the part of map which is now complete with all surfaces and objects.

• Like 10

On 15/01/2017 at 6:15 PM, emsi said:

It's approx 64 square kms.

EDIT: 

Guys, my mistake - it's 251,92 square kms.

Those 64 km2 was only the part of map which is now complete with all surfaces and objects.

Wow ~16x16km; one of the bigger maps in Arma. And looking beautiful :rthumb:

Loved CSLA in A2, and I'm sure the A3 version will be surpassingly great.

Best wishes for 2017 and for your outstanding work

• Like 6

M.S.K.E. which contains 4 islands is about 25 square kms, homeland will be like 10 M.S.K.E. maps ? :eyeheart: Now i understand why took it so long.......

Edit:

No, I was wrong, the MSKE is about 655 square kilometers (25.6 x 25.6 km). :) But I'm waiting for it no less than before :)

Edited by temon
  • Like 1

Hi guys ... here are some actual screens from our map Homeland - "update Trains"

Feb_17_001.jpg

Feb_17_002.jpg

Feb_17_003.jpg

Feb_17_004.jpg

Feb_17_005.jpg

Feb_17_006.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what took me so long to look at this development thread, but I'm glad (and slightly mad because of the hype) that I finally did. So hyped for the astoundingly beautiful terrain and the excellent units. Good luck on it guys. 

• Like 3

After a short break here are some in-game videos from MP testing of Homeland map + CSLA addons.

All of the shown addons and portions of map are still in WIP.

• Like 18

Very excited for this. I've been piecing together Cold War missions with mods like RHS, US military mod and Unsung, but this will be great to make missions I can release without requiring a million different dependencies!

Just a quick question if anyone can answer, what exactly is the Midland Coalition that the AFMC represents? I couldn't find any information on it.

Also, very excited to get a proper US M60A3 MBT so I can stop using the Turkish military mod for theirs haha!

• Like 2

There is a reference to AFMC here 

I think basically the AFMC was simply a faction created to give the CSLA something to fight. The link there calls it a coalition of different countries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZCoder said:

There is a reference to AFMC here 

I think basically the AFMC was simply a faction created to give the CSLA something to fight. The link there calls it a coalition of different countries.

Ah, well the more the merrier. And if it includes some lesser-showcased Cold War vehicles, even better. I'm watching this mod with baited breath, there's just so much Cold War goodness! The only thing that could make it better is if it included an honest to god AH-1S or F. CWR2 had it back in Arma 2, but I never got into the modding scene in Arma 2. A real deal Cobra in Arma 3 would be perfect.

• Like 2

EMSI, is that minimap in the videos part of the mod or a 3rd-party addon?

22 minutes ago, orcinus said:

Seems to be the vanilla GPS minimap, Ctrl + M to bring it up by default i believe.

Really? I didn't know it could be repositioned like that :)

Hmm, shows how little I've played over the last couple of years!

The map looks excellent! I love the attention to detail in the forests, reminds of the changes DayZ devs are currently working on remastering the forests of Chernarus :)

Btw, I'd love to see a full HD quality 60 FPS CSLA gameplay video.

AFAIR, Jeza specializes in doing great gameplay videos with top-notch quality and framerate mostly without any commentary, so maybe you could get in touch with him? :) (https://www.youtube.com/user/JezaGooner/videos)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orcinus said:

As souldrinker wrote - it's in-game feature of A3.

If I remember, you need to have a map and a GPS in your equipment - then this minimap is available.

8 hours ago, kaject said:

The map looks excellent! I love the attention to detail in the forests, reminds of the changes DayZ devs are currently working on remastering the forests of Chernarus :)

AFAIR, Jeza specializes in doing great gameplay videos with top-notch quality and framerate mostly without any commentary, so maybe you could get in touch with him? :) (https://www.youtube.com/user/JezaGooner/videos)

kaject, those videos are from our internal MP tesing - it's marked at the begining.

They are clearly not assigned as a promo videos to show some awesome super HD gameplay.

And this is for sure something different as Jeza is doing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kaject said:

Sorry, but my computer is running ARMA3 only in normal/low settings in 20-25FPS so I can't record videos (or take screenshots) in better quality :(

Good news from this is, that Homeland and addons looks much better on powerful computer than you can see on my videos and screenshots ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emsi said:

kaject, those videos are from our internal MP tesing - it's marked at the begining.

They are clearly not assigned as a promo videos to show some awesome super HD gameplay.

And this is for sure something different as Jeza is doing.

Oh I don't know you could twist my arm and get me to do some gameplay videos of the mod I've been anticipating most....you never know :D

Content looks outstanding as ever CSLA team look forward to its release, best of luck and many thanks!

• Like 4

Actually the last video-cut from MP testing

• Like 12

Hey guys ... what to say? :)

Just ... the border has raised over the Homeland

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.1.jpg

002.1.jpg

005.1.jpg

• Like 28

On 6. 11. 2013 at 10:06 PM, xendance said:

Pardon me, but what does CSLA actually mean?

Hi. In czech language its Ceskoslovenská lidová armáda. In english you can translate it like Czechoslovakian people's army i think. 

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 2