Wow, are you guys working on a new map with new Buildings? :yay:

More or less, yes ;)

More or less, yes ;)

Nice! :D Can you tell whether it´s going to be fictional or real yet? :P

The terrain will be real of course. Exact location and other details are still classified.

Soooo anxious to fight those MiG-29s! Hope there´s at least one showcase mission with the Fulcrums so I don´t have to bother creating a mission just to test those pretty soviet babies ;)

Keep it coming CSLA!

cheers!

Updated birds on the sky (click on the pics to see them in HD)

Note that all of them are still in WIP status.

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_001.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_006.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_002.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_003.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_004.jpg

CSLA_A3_wip_22032015_005.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely!

Quick question, how did you manage to make the sea so green? I have tried tweaking the sea color on my map (link in sig) but never got such a dramatic result. Care to share your config secrets?

That "so green sea" is not a sea .... :whistle:

Edited by EMSI

Well, a lake then? :) Any which way, you made some sea shader config magic and I'd like to know what you did.. pretty please? :)

@ EMSI : I agree that the MiG-29A is lookin' good, but looking at that L-39ZA... why not allow it to support underwing loadouts besides the 4 x UB-16-57 rocket pods?

What you could do would be to imitate the Buzzard and sample jet: place proxies for each possible weapon (for every possible loadout) onto the underwing pylons where the existing rocket pod proxies (pointing to ub16.p3d) are, give each weapon set (i.e. two proxies that both point to the same air-to-air missile model) a named selection, then use show/hide animations in the model config (and set animation initphases in the config per loadout) so that each loadout variant only has the weapon proxies showing that correspond to that loadout's magazines and weapons config arrays.

@Chortles

As was already stated, these are still very WiP. Main reason why there are still no loadout variants is that these ports just reflect the variants we had for our mod in A2. At that time we had no option to choose the variants since the Su-25 and L-39 were BI models which we just retextured because there were no sample models available. We will put more effort into our planes in the future, that's for sure.

Well, a lake then? :) Any which way, you made some sea shader config magic and I'd like to know what you did.. pretty please? :)
It's a river with floating water :)

But this is our internal wip and we don't want to share something which contains major bugs (wait for a final version - if will be working, will be included in any release).

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

@ EMSI : I agree that the MiG-29A is lookin' good, but looking at that L-39ZA... why not allow it to support underwing loadouts besides the 4 x UB-16-57 rocket pods?

What you could do would be to imitate the Buzzard and sample jet: place proxies for each possible weapon (for every possible loadout) onto the underwing pylons where the existing rocket pod proxies (pointing to ub16.p3d) are, give each weapon set (i.e. two proxies that both point to the same air-to-air missile model) a named selection, then use show/hide animations in the model config (and set animation initphases in the config per loadout) so that each loadout variant only has the weapon proxies showing that correspond to that loadout's magazines and weapons config arrays.

As wrote TheSun + we want to respect also a real possible loadouts. And there, for L-39 is the number of loadouts very limited as this plane is an advanced trainer/light CAS plane.

Table with possible loads for L-39 variant ZA:

samonaváděcí rakety = self-guided rockets

raketomety = rocket pods

nádrže = fuel tanks

pumy = bombs

fotokontejner = photo pod

Important note: not all weapons were used in CSLA in period on which we are focused with our Mod

L-39_laodout_variants.jpg

Edited by EMSI

Even if you're limiting it to the loadouts used in the CSLA period instead of all of those, that's variety enough (read: "more than one") to justify the Buzzard/sample jet method instead of just 1:1 porting over the L-39ZA with a reskin.

For sure, but now we are showing our WIP progress. Other loadout/camo variants will be presented later as mentioned TheSun.

It's a river with floating water

Ah, I see. Very ballsy to take on such a challange, but CSLA certainly has done great work in the past :) Keep going!

CSLA_A3_wip_01042015.jpg

Click here to see picture in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_001.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_002.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_003.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_004.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_005.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_006.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_007.jpg

Click to see in HD

CSLA_A3_wip_05042015_008.jpg

Click to see in HD

• Like 1

Quick one for you EMSI - any chance of seeing an ACE collaboration this time around with CSLA? Both mods have passed each other like trains in the night previously, but it'd be great to see you both working together this time around. I'm sure it'd save you a lot of angst when those "lol why doesnt this wurk w. ace" posts start rolling in.

I don't want to answer like than my post will sounds like I or we are "bigheaded"/"conceited"/"arrogant", but ...

CSLA Studio was, is and probably will be an independent group of only a few people, which are creating CSLA Mods mainly for their own pleasure.

Any dependencies on other Mods is for us a pure technical challenge and non value added time-consuming - our priority is to have working and bug-free configs for all our models and features at the beginning.

Our focus is to finish parts of/whole Mod to be playable and funny for us. Then we are releasing our work to community.

Anyway, our priorities are our families and the real work, therefore, some of the releases for community takes more time then expected - see the release for A2:CO for example ;)

I hope you understand that w/o any dedicated member which will focus and work in real-time on any compatibility with ACE or other Mods, we are not able to do it. :)

Will the Taranice (Think I spelled that wrong) be a shoulder launcher or a placeable static?

Tarasnice will be placeable as a static weapon according to the reality, but as in Mod for A2:CO, you will be able to disassemble the weapon and relocate it.