Lets say it like this:

- new sounds (like i said before - it will use new LordJarhead's sounds)

- if there will be any M27 IAR then it will be probably in MG pack (or no? lol)

- ofc there will be M110's with suppressors

also the Hk416 is more like a SF weapon (like the FN2000 but the hk416 is way famous) since almost every SF has hk416 in their armory

Edited by RobertHammer

Glad to have you back alive and kicking, Spartan0536.

At the risk of diverting the topic: How goes it with your research/configs? Rumour's been going around that your HDD fried.

Also, my question for RobertHammer still stands: Will we see the M27 IAR (or similar in role) any time soon?

My HDD was wiped for a new re-install for my OS, but it was initially my PSU that was dying and then my motherboard that was 5 years old finally was going out on me so I had to drop 500 bucks on a new Mobo-CPU-RAM build, which is why I wiped the OS to start new. I have been updating my WIP thread in the Addon Discussion Subforum with details regarding where I am with the 7.62x51mm NATO rounds. The hardest part was getting accurate measurements for 4 different military rounds out of 4 different standard barrel lengths. Given that 7.62x51mm NATO / .308 is one of the most popular and well liked and discerned rounds in Mil/LE/Civ use I have to make sure my work is exceptionally accurate to give that authentic feel, this plus my system issues is what has taken me so long. I am hoping to have my "field testing" for 7.62x51mm NATO finished in the next 2 weeks (this is due to my new work hours being 36-40 hours per week for the next 2 weeks). With 7.62x51mm NATO I will also be releasing my 9x19,.357 Sig, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP rounds for pistols and SMG's at the same time. I have already put in about 50+ man hours into the whole R&D for 7.62x51mm NATO alone, not to mention about 5 man hours per each pistol round.

Not to sound like a smart ass, but the Norwegian Armed Forces uses the HK416 as their official rifle for the army.

Not to sound like a smart ass, but the Norwegian Armed Forces uses the HK416 as their official rifle for the army.

The US Military is still using a very flawed 1960's direct impingement AR design, Hitler in the 1940's preferred his troops to use the K98 over the Sturmgewehr42/44, just because a nations military uses a certain weapon system does not make that weapon system perfect.

In fact the leading contender for the US Army's weapons replacement was the Adcor Defense B.E.A.R or Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle which in terms of design and life span is better than the H&K 416 across the entire spectrum. (Please note after the dissolution of the Replacement program due to bureaucratic nonsense the rifle was renamed the A-556 Elite)

B.E.A.R System: http://adcordefense.com/products/a-556-elite/

Yea i know that but they had some problems with it which got probably fixed over the time

Like this one > http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/03/06/norwegian-soldiers-having-problems-with-hk416-2/

Every new system, be it weapon or vehicle, especially if it is advanced for it's time, will invariably encounter issues along the way; my favourite example of all time to my mates is the FA-18 hornet. It's a top-class jet aircraft now - well, at least it was in it's prime. But, it encountered masses of issues. Heck, it LOST at the contest which it was designed for. But, because of persistence, it won out, in my opinion, over the F-16. Just like with the F-35.

On another note, that BEAR looks very swish. The trouble is these days, all of the 'advanced' rifles look the same! It looks like a modified ACR, ffs.

On another note, that BEAR looks very swish. The trouble is these days, all of the 'advanced' rifles look the same! It looks like a modified ACR, ffs.

Well every ar15 platform will be always ar15 looking , same with AK :p - if you want a real modified ACR , look at Polish new MSBS

MSBS does not have anything common with ACR. ;)

It is completely separate project, it just look the same. I know that as a citizen of Poland from my birth, I might be a bit biased, but I had opportunity to compare MSBS with some other assault rifles, and MSBS in terms of ergonomics beats them hands down. Also in terms of modularity, MSBS is a trully modular design. Each MSBS variant have at least minimum 80% commonality with other variants, and it is very easy with inbus key and parts kit to convert a specific variant in to the other, for example standard rifle in to bullpup variant by just replacing lower receiver, handguard and buttstock.

As a matter of fact, I wonder RobertHammer if you would create a high quality MSBS model. :)

MSBS does not have anything common with ACR. ;)

It is completely separate project, it just look the same. I know that as a citizen of Poland from my birth, I might be a bit biased, but I had opportunity to compare MSBS with some other assault rifles, and MSBS in terms of ergonomics beats them hands down. Also in terms of modularity, MSBS is a trully modular design. Each MSBS variant have at least minimum 80% commonality with other variants, and it is very easy with inbus key and parts kit to convert a specific variant in to the other, for example standard rifle in to bullpup variant by just replacing lower receiver, handguard and buttstock.

As a matter of fact, I wonder RobertHammer if you would create a high quality MSBS model. :)

You know MSBS works the same as ACR (internal parts) - Radom do create own parts/stuff but the regular MSBS is a almost clean copy of ACR

but i do see they improved the design and made the bullpup version which is more atractive and maybe even better than the original

Regarding the model - No i wont because am busy enough with porting (barely got a free time to do anything else)

Edited by RobertHammer

MSBS rocks all the way! Robert keep your work up mate!

You know MSBS works the same as ACR (internal parts) - Radom do create own parts/stuff but the regular MSBS is a almost clean copy of ACR

but i do see they improved the design and made the bullpup version which is more atractive and maybe even better than the original

All assault rifles work on the basis of the same principle. ;)

But really, MSBS have nothing in common also internally with ACR, we didn't even had opportunity to look at internal parts of MSBS for a long time before the whole mechanism was patented.

So really, both rifles look similiar, but are different, separate projects. ;)

RobertHammer, not sure if this has been asked yet, but any chance of adding some weapons to this release already configured with attachments for mod makers?

RobertHammer, not sure if this has been asked yet, but any chance of adding some weapons to this release already configured with attachments for mod makers?

Astano, RH weapons (the PDW and the M4s/M16) are ALREADY ASDG Joint_Rails compactible.... =)

;2768857']Astano' date=' RH weapons (the PDW and the M4s/M16) are [u']ALREADY [/u]ASDG Joint_Rails compactible.... =)

Sorry, I guess what I was driving at maybe wasn't clear. I mean making some weapons configured up to have attachments already on them so they can be added to AI units. It's my understanding that you can't just give an AI unit, whether through a config or the editor, (for example) an RH M4, a scope, and a laser - you have to have a different weapon already configured with a scope and a laser attached, since the AI doesn't attach items to weapons itself. This means if you want to use RH weapons to make some new units, you have to config not only the new units themselves, but also any weapons you want them to use (at least those that have attachments).

I don't know how hard this would be for the weapon addon maker, as I have no experience with or knowledge of weapon configs, but if possible it'd be a nice touch for all of the units people are making with RH M4s/M16s.

*snip*

Incorrect. A simple script will add the attachments you want to the inventory and then attach them to the weapon.

Search around the forums, I'm sure there's loads out there already.

You don't need scripts to do that, taken from the "Test_Weapon_01_F" config.cpp:

class Test_weapon_01_F: Test_weapon_01_Base_F

{

scope = 2; /// should be visible and useable in game

displayName = "Test weapon"; /// some name

model = "\Samples_f\Test_weapon_01\test_weapon_01_F.p3d"; /// path to model

picture = "\Samples_f\Test_weapon_01\Data\UI\gear_test_weapon_01_X_CA.paa"; /// different accessories have M, S, T instead of X

UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_gl_CA.paa"; /// weapon with grenade launcher should be marked such way

weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing"; /// display with zeroing is good for iron sights

muzzles[] = {this, Test_GL_F}; /// to be able to switch between bullet muzzle and TGL

class WeaponSlotsInfo: WeaponSlotsInfo

{

mass = 100; /// some rough estimate

};

};

I personally don't like it as realistically when a military unit gets a weapon, it's just the weapon, use VAS or LEA to customize it to your heart's content.

In all honesty, I'm more pumped for what his MG pack has to offer. I love your work RH.

Oh nice an mg pack! Off topic but anyone know which mgs are included? Because no one has made any a3 quality m249s or m240s yet...

Oh my god yes, a HK416 and HK417 and maybe an M27 IAR mod would be icing on the cake in this fantastic pack!

Just a few friendly reminders for the last 4 posters and hopefully future posters:

Don't post asking for release dates, wait patiently instead.

This is not a request thread. Requests fill pages and pages and often create massive off-topic discussions (some of them are actually well appreciated, most of them are already answered though).

(I'd imagine) Questions are appreciated, as long as they are pertinent to the addon and its development.

It is RobertHammer's thread after all and he may or may not agree with the points above.

On to the question(s):

- RobertHammer, could you talk more about the incoming update? What does it change? What's new? And most importantly: Does it affect future development and how?

On to the question(s):

- RobertHammer, could you talk more about the incoming update? What does it change? What's new? And most importantly: Does it affect future development and how?

Few new things in M4/M16 update:

[b][font=arial][size=3]- Reworked and optimized all M4/M16 models

- Official support for [/size][/font][size=3][font=arial]ASDG Joint Rails[/font][/size][font=arial][size=3]

- New 3 camos nearly for all M4/M16 weapons

- New weapons like M110 , Mk11 , SR25EC and some others

- New sounds by LordJarhead (thx btw)

- New realistic ammo values by Spartan0536 (thx)

- Physx brass and heat effect will be added (not sure if i will use the heat effect on M4s tho)[/size][/font][/b]

That's pretty much it - still i have to wait for Spartan for his values to progress more

btw guys please use my WIP topic instead for questions , requests or whatever - this topic only for M4/M16 pack related stuff , thx

Edited by RobertHammer

Sorry, I guess what I was driving at maybe wasn't clear. I mean making some weapons configured up to have attachments already on them so they can be added to AI units. It's my understanding that you can't just give an AI unit, whether through a config or the editor, (for example) an RH M4, a scope, and a laser - you have to have a different weapon already configured with a scope and a laser attached, since the AI doesn't attach items to weapons itself. This means if you want to use RH weapons to make some new units, you have to config not only the new units themselves, but also any weapons you want them to use (at least those that have attachments).

I don't know how hard this would be for the weapon addon maker, as I have no experience with or knowledge of weapon configs, but if possible it'd be a nice touch for all of the units people are making with RH M4s/M16s.

But you can though. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addPrimaryWeaponItem

The only thing the specific classnames for different attachments on the same weapons are there to do is make it easier on BI and add the weapons with those attachments to cargo space. At least, I'd assume that's the purpose.

Few new things in M4/M16 update:

[b][font=arial][size=3]- Reworked and optimized all M4/M16 models

- Official support for [/size][/font][size=3][font=arial]ASDG Joint Rails[/font][/size][font=arial][size=3]

- New 3 camos nearly for all M4/M16 weapons

- New weapons like M110 , Mk11 , SR25EC and some others

- New sounds by LordJarhead (thx btw)

- New realistic ammo values by Spartan0536 (thx)

- Physx brass and heat effect will be added (not sure if i will use the heat effect on M4s tho)[/size][/font][/b]

That's pretty much it - still i have to wait for Spartan for his values to progress more

btw guys please use my WIP topic instead for questions , requests or whatever - this topic only for M4/M16 pack related stuff , thx

I am working on it when I am not at work which sadly this week I work EVERY DAY for 8+ hours a day selling guns and ammo to people in the USA....