I'll try to break it down for you based on what I know.

M855A1 aka EPR (Enhanced Penetration Round) 62 grain FMJ bullet with a steel penetrator. Best at armor penetration (good against some obstacles too) but lowest damage of the 3 different rounds that are simulated. Developed by the US Army and is completely lead free (uses a copper slug instead).

Mk 318 aka SOST (named after the Special Opeations Science and Technology team who developed it) is a 62 grain Open Tipped Match round with a penetrator in the rear (after the hollow point) it is simulated as being a bit more effective on soft, unarmored targets, but doesn't have the same penetration capability as the M855A1.

Mk 262 is a sniper/marksman's round, it weights 77 grains and is also Open Tipped. Of the three its probably the most accurate, even if it is a little bit slower because of the added weight. It does the most damage but is also the worst when it comes to armor and obstacle penetration. Mk 262 is typically what my unit uses because it usually requires less rounds to kill/incap. The biggest real-life disadvantage of the Mk 262 is that its probably 4x more expensive vs other 5.56 rounds.

All three of these rounds were developed to supplement or replace the M855 round which was developed in the early 1980s and was later known to have some leathality issues especially when used with the M4 carbine.The US ARMY uses the M855A1 and the Marines + SOCOM use the Mk 318. There is still a lot of conjecture as to which round is actually "better" as the Marines have been resistant to using the M855A1 after it performed poorly in early tests.

Just one more thing to add. The MK318 round is made for SBR's (Short Barreled Rifles) as it was actually a chore to design a round to allow repetitive and reliable fire from sbr's such as cqb, mk18, etc. etc. 7

I found a graphical glitch, I think: on the M27, the M16 rail covers (both of them) are shifted left and down from where they're supposed to be. Otherwise, I've love it if the full length versions of the 416 family were included, and you do some great work!

I know I'm beeing a dick, but,

Robert please in a future update add an M16A1 (also the GL version plz)  with a visible 30 round mag. Since BI won't do the magazine proxi thing we need wizzard's like you to compensate for it :( or rather :) oh, while I'm here, do you have happen to have plans to add HK-416s with GLs?

Would it be possible to make this mod avaiable in the zeus editor. It's an awesome feature just to pick the weapons and place them in an armory and save this in the end via mcc... :)

I'll try to break it down for you based on what I know.

M855A1 aka EPR (Enhanced Penetration Round) 62 grain FMJ bullet with a steel penetrator. Best at armor penetration (good against some obstacles too) but lowest damage of the 3 different rounds that are simulated. Developed by the US Army and is completely lead free (uses a copper slug instead).

Mk 318 aka SOST (named after the Special Opeations Science and Technology team who developed it) is a 62 grain Open Tipped Match round with a penetrator in the rear (after the hollow point) it is simulated as being a bit more effective on soft, unarmored targets, but doesn't have the same penetration capability as the M855A1.

Mk 262 is a sniper/marksman's round, it weights 77 grains and is also Open Tipped. Of the three its probably the most accurate, even if it is a little bit slower because of the added weight. It does the most damage but is also the worst when it comes to armor and obstacle penetration. Mk 262 is typically what my unit uses because it usually requires less rounds to kill/incap. The biggest real-life disadvantage of the Mk 262 is that its probably 4x more expensive vs other 5.56 rounds.

All three of these rounds were developed to supplement or replace the M855 round which was developed in the early 1980s and was later known to have some leathality issues especially when used with the M4 carbine.The US ARMY uses the M855A1 and the Marines + SOCOM use the Mk 318. There is still a lot of conjecture as to which round is actually "better" as the Marines have been resistant to using the M855A1 after it performed poorly in early tests.

Just one more thing to add. The MK318 round is made for SBR's (Short Barreled Rifles) as it was actually a chore to design a round to allow repetitive and reliable fire from sbr's such as cqb, mk18, etc. etc. 7

Both of you are completely spot on with the details, however ArmA does project this differently than RL....

1. Body armor in ArmA has no density check in it, its a flat damage negation based on the armor (it also looks to remain the same system even with the upcoming personal protection update). So the M855A1 EPR is best suited for barrier penetation, the MK318 Mod 0 is a good mix of damage and barrier penetration, and the MK262 Mod 1 is used if you plan on killing as quick as possible (sadly MK262 Mod 1 is the best choice when it comes to "defeating" body armor in ArmA III).

2. In my new version of 5.56x45 I have multiple barrel lengths with the velocities calculated correctly and yes the MK318 Mod 0 will give you excellent performance, just remember that SBR's are not meant for long range engagements, with an SBR your best engagements will be within 200m.

I've noticed that after a shot is fired, regardless of the environment, an echo is heard? Is that intentional? 

I would also like to know i you could make the HUNTIR grenade shell from Ace3 usable in your weapons?

Any chance in the future of adding more sniper/marksman rifles such as M107 or XM109? With how well you've done with your current weapons, just curious to see how well those would turn out as well.

Hi Robert! Love, love, love your mod, especially the 416s! They are the most well-done ones all around! However, I'd love to see a more pimped version of it, like the one Larry Vickers posted on instagram, which is the setup DEVGRU is running nowadays. Details and all the accesories used can be seen here: https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2014/02/23/what-a-modern-tier-1-blaster-really-looks-like/ 

Again, thank you for making such an incredible mod! Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi Robert! Love, love, love your mod, especially the 416s! They are the most well-done ones all around! However, I'd love to see a more pimped version of it, like the one Larry Vickers posted on instagram, which is the setup DEVGRU is running nowadays. Details and all the accesories used can be seen here: https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2014/02/23/what-a-modern-tier-1-blaster-really-looks-like/ 

Again, thank you for making such an incredible mod! Cheers!

Roadrunner is planning on putting out an HK416 with Magpul furniture, Troy BUIS and a Geissele SMR rail some time in the near future. 

• Like 4

Roadrunner is planning on putting out an HK416 with Magpul furniture, Troy BUIS and a Geissele SMR rail some time in the near future. 

Glad to hear! Still, I'd love to see the RAHG rail version as well, any chance Roadrunner can include this in his plan?

Glad to hear! Still, I'd love to see the RAHG rail version as well, any chance Roadrunner can include this in his plan?

I can't speak for him, you'd have to ask him yourself. All I did was come up with a parts list to work off. But do keep in mind that it's being assembled from stuff other modders are donating, for example the SMR rail itself was originally made by Toadie as the SMR Rail for the BCM "Jack" Carbine in his AR-15 pack, the Mesh for the rifle itself is the same Twinke Base model that Robert Hammer used for Arma 2, all that's required to turn it into the SMR for the HK 416 is some small work. As for that specific part it's probably contingent on A. Roadrunner actually wanting to do it. And B. someone having a Mesh they're willing to donate.   

The HK 416 family actually uses a proprietary barrel nut, meaning you can't just bolt any old AR-15 style hand guard on, the hand guard needs to be made specifically to fit the HK 416.    

• Like 1

One thing I was wondering is,

will there ever, preferably in the near future of course, be an update to make use of A3s new sound system? These guns are still among my favourites, but you start to feel that they have lack a few of the improvements BI incorporated into the main game

cheers!

• Like 2

currently i'm retexturing your hk416.

may i use it for my arma-clan? because we need an hk 416 with a certain camoflage.

i will not distribute it on armaholic, nor any other platform.

it will only be used internally, or for certain Events we create on our own, and Play with good friends we can trust. 

• Like 1

Sir,

Can u make a separate mod for M16A1 and M16A2. Reason behind this only u have the highest quality M16A1 or A2s.  We have to download the whole M4M16 pack for the 80's or 90's era.

Regards.

• Like 4

No plan to update sounds with the new sound engine ?

No plan to update sounds with the new sound engine ?

If i find some good soul that could do those new sounds for me , then yes

RH,

Love your mods you do a really amazing job with the work you do. My one question is will you be bringing this Mod to the Steam Workshop. I know some mod developers do not like the Steam Work Shop do to the EULA and everything. But for some users it might be easier to manage. Again i have this downloaded sepreatly but was wondering anyway.

Thanks Chewy

RH,

Love your mods you do a really amazing job with the work you do. My one question is will you be bringing this Mod to the Steam Workshop. I know some mod developers do not like the Steam Work Shop do to the EULA and everything. But for some users it might be easier to manage. Again i have this downloaded sepreatly but was wondering anyway.

Thanks Chewy

Like i said in the past , i also do not support steam workshop for the same reason sorry

unless Steam Workshop changes EULA which i doubt , my packs won't be on Steam Workshop offcially - some packs like Pistol Pack been uploaded there but that's without my permission

• Like 4

RobertHammer, community is still waiting for M16A1/A2 with scopes.

And "RH_eothhs1", "RH_eotexps3" is still broken (thanks, Bohemia)...

RobertHammer, community is still waiting for M16A1/A2 with scopes.

And "RH_eothhs1", "RH_eotexps3" is still broken (thanks, Bohemia)...

lol i forgot about that old Colt scope - maybe not sure at this point

about those eotechs will fix itself in the next A3 stable update 1.62

lol i forgot about that old Colt scope - maybe not sure at this point

:) Would be great!  There are no such qualitative models of M16A1 like yours in ARMA 3 at this moment. And the lack of scopes really limits the reconstruction of the U.S. army of 80s.

Robert,

Love the pack. If you feel so inclined however, would you be able to alter your model of the M16A1 slightly? Yours has a full triangular grip that comes to a point at the top, but the actual gun had holes in the top and was not 100% pointed at the top.

See reference photo - Thank you!

golden-eagle-m16a1-vietnam-version-handg

Robert,

Love the pack. If you feel so inclined however, would you be able to alter your model of the M16A1 slightly? Yours has a full triangular grip that comes to a point at the top, but the actual gun had holes in the top and was not 100% pointed at the top.

See reference photo - Thank you!

First of all , it is not my model - it's Tiggs

second it was modelled like that and baked like you can see it ingame

those holes are only baked in rather than modelled in and i can't do anything with it, sorry

Just a quick question regarding the M4A6.

Does it have the exact same ballistic performance as the MX, or is it superior in some fashion?

My thoughts are that I could go through with the hours of testing and comparisons in the config, or simply just ask.

I am assuming that you or Spartan0536 can comment on this.

Thanks for the kickass mod RobertHammer!