mk262? it's basically 5.56mm NATO designed for longer range engagements. Ideally used in the mk12 or SAM-R

What about other bunch of mag?

still you explain that mk262 is for long range rifle, can't see any single different between normal vanila mag

i mean what's the big deal if it just all same function but seperate by names?

they do behave differently though. Spartan will have to tell you the specifics but 855A1 is the standard ammo used up to I think 300m and the third one (mk318) is for more close range engagements (a little more spread etc)

M855A1 EPR is the standard NATO issue round, excellent penetration for a 5.56 but unspectacular damage. MK262 is a heavy grain open tip round designed primarily for long range shooting, however it can also be used to improve carbine characteristics, however because of the open tip design it's dreadful as a penetrator and is thus limited to SOF and Markman applications. MK318 was specifically designed as a middle ground between the two for use in shorter barrel lengths. Out of those lengths EPR tumbled reliably but lacked killing power, MK 262 was normally more lethal, but had a nasty habit of going right through the enemy at close range, causing only superficial damage. Thus MK 319 was developed to be able to punch through medium barriers as well as consistently yaw upon striking the target out of any barrel length.

So the differences between rounds are actually pretty major, you just don't notice under field conditions.

Simple players guide:

EPR: Great penetration, Low damage

MK262: High damage, Poor penetration

MK318: Middle Ground

Which you use is a combination of mission requirements and personal preference.

HK416 D145RS's barrel was fixed

Yayy!

You have no idea how happy that makes me.

About the PEQ15, i just compared it to some reference pictures and i can confirm that it wasn' t just a feeling, it is indeed a bit too small.

New version released before Marksmen DLC , get it from 1st page - enjoy it

A very welcomed update! Is there any planned compatibility with JSRS 3.0 in the future?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/VanSchmoozin/media/2015-03-11_00001.jpg.html?filters[user]=120602790&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hey man! (ive never tried linking a picture before so I hope this works) I love your addons! My absolute favorite weapon mods :) I was messing about with the latest update and noticed the front grip on the magpul set kind of just floats there? I went back a few pages to see if anyone addressed it before me, so sorry if its already been said :) Keep up the killer work man!

Edited by vanschmoozin
cleaning

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/VanSchmoozin/media/2015-03-11_00001.jpg.html?filters[user]=120602790&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hey man! (ive never tried linking a picture before so I hope this works) I love your addons! My absolute favorite weapon mods :) I was messing about with the latest update and noticed the front grip on the magpul set kind of just floats there? I went back a few pages to see if anyone addressed it before me, so sorry if its already been said :) Keep up the killer work man!

Yup , that will be fixed in "Bipods" update

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

A very welcomed update! Is there any planned compatibility with JSRS 3.0 in the future?

Yeah , still waiting for EvroMalarkey to make that config ;)

Thanks for the update! I have been using these weapon mods since Arma 2. The variety of rifles, 3D models, textures, sounds and heat distortion are great!

I found an error in the Readme file. The Magpul MOE classnames are wrong.

Wrong names:

RH_m4moe

RH_m4moe_g

RH_m4moe_b

Correct names:

RH_M4_moe

RH_M4_moe_g

RH_M4_moe_b

Thanks again for all your hard work! :D

I enjoyed the Mk14 EBR models from Arma 2. The BIS Mk18 ABR is disappointing.

Thanks for the update! I have been using these weapon mods since Arma 2. The variety of rifles, 3D models, textures, sounds and heat distortion are great!

I found an error in the Readme file. The Magpul MOE classnames are wrong.

Thanks again for all your hard work! :D

I enjoyed the Mk14 EBR models from Arma 2. The BIS Mk18 ABR is disappointing.

Thx for the info - with these classnames you can do a mistake quite easy

also don't worry the Mk14 EBR's will return someday ;)

Thank you for the update RobertHammer.

The 14.5 inches 416 barrel look better now, and i was a bit sceptical at first about completely removing the front sight on the d10rs when mounting an optic but turns out that it was the right solution. The desert camos looks good, can' t wait to see it applied to the 416s and i like the new suppressed sounds.

Here are a few more suggestions about the 416:

Do you plan on keeping the crane stock on the HK416s? Imo the E1 stock would fit more, and once again make them more international, especially since you already have what appears to be the right model on the M27.

I would also suggest replacing the hk diopter rear sight with the flip 416 rear sight, like this one :http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-416-417-Flip-Up-Rear-Sight-3mm-p1405.htm

I see those way more often on military 416s than the diopter sights, plus with those ones the rear sight could stay on the weapon folded when you mount an optic, which looks cool, so if you can get your hands on a model of one of those i think that it would be a nice touch, at least for the d145rs.

Lastly, the 416 sounds. I actually liked the old ones better. These one (they' re from the JSRS config for the Arma2 version of the 416 pack iirc right?) don' t really fit in the new audio context of the game, both if we' re talking about JSRS3 or the upcoming vanilla changes, for the following reasons: They lack "punch" or "bang", and they have a built in tail or echo, which is a bit problematic since this is something that is nowadays handled dynamically, both if we' re talking JSRS3 or upcoming vanilla.

So for these 2 reasons, i' m not too sure about the sounds.

And of course, i can' t help but repeat how much of a sucker for the GL version of the 416 i am. I am sorry to insist, but i' ve seen the other day that the PKM model in the latest RHS version was actually ported to the Arma engine by yourself, which means that if it' s not cooperation, there is at least some kind of an "entente cordiale" between RHS and you, so isn' t there a possibility that they could share their m320 model?

Anyway, thanks again for a quick update to this great weapon pack.

Speaking of sounds, I've created a sound overhaul for the RH M4/M16 pack (for my personal use, so far). I believe the new sounds have the added depth and pack that punch Tsark is looking for. But of course, sound is one of those very subjective things... If you'd like to give them a try, I'd be more than glad to share them with you. However, they do still have the tail or echo (though I use JSRS3 and find that they still sound right). But, I suppose I could always have those removed by the time the next patch comes out.

Speaking of sounds, I've created a sound overhaul for the RH M4/M16 pack (for my personal use, so far). I believe the new sounds have the added depth and pack that punch Tsark is looking for. But of course, sound is one of those very subjective things... If you'd like to give them a try, I'd be more than glad to share them with you. However, they do still have the tail or echo (though I use JSRS3 and find that they still sound right). But, I suppose I could always have those removed by the time the next patch comes out.

id love to try it! :D

Well, if RobertHammer sees no gripe with it then sure thing!:cool:

RobertHammer, it is extremely minor but i thought that i' d mention it anyway: On the HK416 d145rs barrel, the part of the barrel that is exposed and behind the legacy m203 notch, and the m203 notch look a very tiny bit too long for a 416. It is especially evident by seeing that when folded the front sight only reach half of the m203 notch, while on the real one it pretty much reach the end of it. The thing is, if you' d shorten it there would once again be the discrepancy between the 416 d145rs barrel lenght and the M4 barrel lenght.

So if you are interested in furthing improving the 416 model, i think that the best solution would be to shorten these two parts, leaving the flashhider where it is and then to make bigger the exposed part of the barrel, but leaving the flashhider as it is. That way, making that part of the barrel bigger would fill the gap that would be created by shortening the two before mentionned parts, would make the proportions of the barrel more true to life to the real hk416 and would make the barrel a bit less flimsy looking wich wouldn' t be a bad thing, plus it would solve the fact that the front sight only reach half of the m203 notch and would reduce the gap above the barrel that is between the barrel and the front sight when folded, that is a bit too wide at the moment. That way, the overall lenght of the barrel and the weapon will remain unaffected thus there will be no discrepancy with the m4s.

Of course, this is ridiculously minor, and i' m fine if it stays the way it is actually, but i thought i' d share my observations.:)

I don't know if this is in the plans but it would be cool to see M16A3, M16A4 and the new M16A6's in your pack to have some adjustable stocks, also maybe some grenade launchers for the M16A3 and M16A6's would be cool. Just some suggestions. Love the pack keep up the great work! Also me being Canadian I have to ask if you would be willing to look into some Colt Canada weapons. :)

M16A1-H6-Buffer.jpg

wa456_1_mark.jpg

101-rifle-c7a2-5.jpg

doc-npp-c8a3.jpg

Here's a question: Will this pack be compatible with the new bipods? By which I mean, will the guns with bipods make use of the feature soon to be implemented by BIS?

On that note, will the bipods be used as attachments rather than part of the weapon's model?

We wont know a true answer to that until the dlc releases

I can't find it among the sitreps but I think the devs made a small wiki page for configuring modded weapons for use with the new bipods, didn't they?

I can't find it among the sitreps but I think the devs made a small wiki page for configuring modded weapons for use with the new bipods, didn't they?

Not yet.

There are a number of people who have already managed to do it without any official documentation being available though. There are scripts for dumping various parts of the config to clipboard or the .rpt around, which allow you to look things like that up, and cross-reference them with text strings in the available .p3d models to figure out what is what. The bipod attachments models and updated weapon models aren't in the encrypted DLC .ebo files - only the new premium items are.

From reading a config dump it's not too hard to figure out what needs adding to the config and to the model (a proxy pathed to \A3\Data_F_Mark\Proxies\Weapon_Slots\UNDERBARREL and a memory point called "bipod" which acts as the turning pivot using deployedPivot = "bipod"; in the config). The bipod slot is configured in class weaponSlotsInfo like the other three attachment slots, using/inheriting the above proxy path - Robalo has even established an ASDG-JR compatible bipod slot for addon makers already.

Looking at the text strings in the .p3d can also help to work out the names of the animation sources. I know the anim source "bipod" works on animating weapons with integral bipods, and "bipod_legs" works for animating bipod attachments (attachments use a defined deployedPivot memory point too) - though these two anim source names might be interchangeable. You can name the bones that make up your bipod skeleton whatever you like in order to animate them, so long as you use the right anim source - they work like any other model.cfg animation for weapons.

It just takes a bit of time and occasionally some trial-and-error to find these things out.

BIS are adding and tweaking some of the config parameters to affect the weapons' behaviour when deployed, so it's always best to wait for them to finalise it and publish proper guidelines for integrating this kind of stuff. But as I said, the basics of making a weapon deployable and allowing a bipod slot are already quite easy to figure out.

Edited by da12thMonkey