I have to ask, is the high poly LOD problem fixed? The one that produces extreme lag with more than 14 weapons in a scene at the same time?

Idk if its right place to request or ask per say - Robert can you make Leupold Mk4 reticle not illuminated and more crisper (like those on TMR (mod) scopes) and on alternate sight mode (ctrl+rmb) - illuminated?. Also nice addition would be micro T1 sight (not raised one), one FFP scope and one with horus59 reticle (preferably FFP too). And could you nag Spartan more to finish his 7.62 values quicker? Thanks in advance. Btw can you also let me peek at M110? I'm still trying to hold myself from making one.

Idk if its right place to request or ask per say - Robert can you make Leupold Mk4 reticle not illuminated and more crisper (like those on TMR (mod) scopes) and on alternate sight mode (ctrl+rmb) - illuminated?. Also nice addition would be micro T1 sight (not raised one), one FFP scope and one with horus59 reticle (preferably FFP too). And could you nag Spartan more to finish his 7.62 values quicker? Thanks in advance. Btw can you also let me peek at M110? I'm still trying to hold myself from making one.

Sorry nsnipe, between my upcoming marriage, my 2 jobs, and the extensive re-write I have had to do for 7.62x51mm NATO it is taking quite a bit of time.

No worries Spartan - take your time - better someday than never...

TL;DR

My opinion:

Please release as-is with vanilla 7.62x51mm as placeholder so we can begin searching/testing for bugs/problems with the new additions.

----------------------------

I'm of the opinion that, while waiting for the 7.62x51mm configs from Spartan, the pack could have already been released with the vanilla 7.62x51mm as they suffice when it comes down to killing things (like the heavily-armoured OPFOR).

Not only that, but given how much time has elapsed since the last update (more of a hotfix), a lot of problems could have already been spotted/troubleshot.

I wrote this not to say "Screw Spartan" but instead to say "Please try to make a tentative release with the vanilla 7.62x51mm and incorporate the 7.62x51mm in a later update/patch/hotfix."

The reason for this request is because we tend to test our mods after every update to see what's broken, what's fixed, what's different and what's the same. I believe we could help in finding any and all problems with it right off the bat.

Without meaning to disrespect, Spartan's configs (all of them, not just the ones soon to be featuring here) are the cherry on top but I'm sure we can go with just the cake for now.

High-quality weapons (in both functionality and looks) are what made the arma modding community as great as it is today (despite the secretism here and there but we can all understand that to an extent).

That said, thank you RobertHammer and Spartan for your work (and hopefully a continuation thereof).

Edited by Subscyed

In my Sit I'm trying to get recon and sniper bats up again so I need 7.62 along with at least m110 (I'm picky :D) and advanced ballistics on top of that... I'll have to wait until new modset change anyway, but i would really like to check weapon packs out just to know pros and cons and bugs if any...

Robert, any chance you can release the update with regular 7.62x51mm configs and then release a ballistics update for them when Spartan has them all ready? Or does your work require the values Spartan is working on?

Regardless of the answer, I appreciate the work that you and Spartan do for the ArmA 3 community. The wait is always worth it in regards to quality of your work.

I have to ask, is the high poly LOD problem fixed? The one that produces extreme lag with more than 14 weapons in a scene at the same time?

This is very noticeable especially in briefing with 20+ people crowded round.

+1 for the vanilla 7.62 for the time being. those RHS ruskies will be out soon and it would be good to have the right gear to deal with them hehe

+1 for the vanilla 7.62, I agree with the above post's and have much respect for Spartan and the time and effort hes putting Into his ballistics, I do however feel that a release with vanilla values should be taken Into consideration and later on Spartans codes could be applied via update once there ready and done.

However It Isn't my mod or choice, but I do agree with the % that vote yes on a vanilla value release, I will respect and be happy with whatever you decide to do Robert, thank you for making such great weapon packs throughout the years, you sir, have made Arma the best game my friends and I have played and we wouldn't be playing the game without them, I appreciate all the hard work you and the others have put Into these weapons, thanks once again.

I am fine with RobertHammer using default 7.62 for the time being but he also still needs my 6.8x43mm SPC rounds as well, however those are easily done, in fact all I have to do is write the code, I have everything else required.

Ok enough of that +1 bs

Fine i will use vanilla 7.62 but still i need to wait for Spartan anyway :p

Ok enough of that +1 bs

Fine i will use vanilla 7.62 but still i need to wait for Spartan anyway :p

Yay! Thank you good sir!

This is very noticeable especially in briefing with 20+ people crowded round.

The thing is though that this problem keeps being ignored :/ I also seem to be the only one who cares about the problem.

Robert I'm using your addons since Arma 1. Remember that you did OICW for A1 but didn't release it?

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1115

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/3-rh_weapons-07.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/3-rh_weapons-08.jpg

It would be cool if you add OICW to Arma 3. It would fit game setting very good.