Also, is your M240 in your MG pack or if it's gonna be combined in the M4/M16 pack going to have a slower fire rate that it has shown to have in other mods? I've played around with 240's in other mods and they fire way to fast, compared to how fast they fire in real life.

Also, is your M240 in your MG pack or if it's gonna be combined in the M4/M16 pack going to have a slower fire rate that it has shown to have in other mods? I've played around with 240's in other mods and they fire way to fast, compared to how fast they fire in real life.

M240 will be in MG pack , as you might know the FN MAG/M240 has has three gas settings, allowing the weapon to fire between 650 and 950 rounds per minute.

On gas setting one the weapon will fire 650–750 rounds per minute, on gas setting two the weapon will fire 750–850 rounds per minute, and on gas setting three the weapon will fire 850–950 rounds per minute.

Dunno which gas setting is mostly used in the Army , so i will use A2 BIS m240 rate of fire which was fine in my opinion

If you watch combat videos of U.S soldiers using M240's, the rate of fire is ALLOT slower than the ones used in other packs. I recommend the gas setting/RoF you use, would be the 650-750.

Standard is the 2nd setting. First and third ones are said to be a bit risky in terms of jams and other malfunctions.

Id personally love to see the M240L. Probably the most appropriate GPMG to give to A3 units.

According to the M240 series manual from 2002 for US army&Navy - only G variant had the option to set the gas modes

EQUIPMENT DATA  
Weight.............10.34 Kg (22.2 lbs) (M240/M240C); 12.29 Kg (27.1 lbs) (M240B); 
10.39 Kg (22.9 lbs) (M240D); 11.66 Kg (25.7 lbs) (M240E1); 
11.7 Kg (25.8 lbs) (M240G); 10.93 Kg (24.1 lbs) (M240N) 

Rate of Fire....You get the sustained and rapid rates through practice. 

Cyclic...............650 to 950 RDS/M – Weapon is not intended to fire at 950 RDS/M. 
This will cause accelerated wear/damage to the barrel and rest of weapon. 
600 to 650 RDS/M – M240B/M240N with hydraulic buffer. 

Sustained........100 RDS/M (4-5 seconds between burst) – Change barrel every 10 minutes. 

Rapid...............200 RDS/M (2-3 seconds between burst) – Change barrel every 2 minutes. 

NOTE 
Barrel change intervals also apply when firing blank ammunition. 

As you can see the B and newest L variant are using hydraulic buffer so the rof is around 600-650 rounds per minute

which raises the question: what ROF bis used in ArmA 2? if its too fast then how i can calcuate new reloadtime/rof/ for A3?

Edited by RobertHammer

625 / 60 = 10.42

1 / 10.42 = 0.09597

625 / 60 = 10.42

1 / 10.42 = 0.09597

Thx - lets see the BIS A2 m240 got around 850 rounds per minute which is too fast indeed

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

any chance this can be added to playwithsix?

Ehm > http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/rh-m4-a3

sorry if that has been asked before, but are you thinking about making your mod compatible with ASDG Joint Rails? And what's your standpoint on maybe adding a SR-25?

Anyway thanks for the great addon and keep up your amazing work

are you thinking about making your mod compatible with ASDG Joint Rails?

Yes it will be compatible with ASDG Joint Rails

And what's your standpoint on maybe adding a SR-25?

Yes , there will be M110 , Mk11 and SR25 EC

I managed to get the information on the M993 Armor Piercing rounds in 7.62x51mm NATO, however 7.62x51mm NATO has a wide variety of barrel lengths and I REFUSE to spend 6 months calibrating my ballistics to each barrel (each barrel length takes an average of 20+ man hours to properly calculate). I am considering 4 lengths 13 inch for CQC, 16 inch for standard battle rifles, 20 inch enhanced, and 24 inch long barrels. The ballistics will start at 24 inches and will be gradually reduced down to 13 inches. While this does not exactly cover some rifles (they may be .1-1.5 inches off it is more accurate than BIS default by a long shot. As I stated there are numerous barrel lengths for 7.62x51mm NATO, in fact I believe there are over 22 different barrel lengths, and that is just WAY too much for me to even attempt.

I managed to get the information on the M993 Armor Piercing rounds in 7.62x51mm NATO, however 7.62x51mm NATO has a wide variety of barrel lengths and I REFUSE to spend 6 months calibrating my ballistics to each barrel (each barrel length takes an average of 20+ man hours to properly calculate). I am considering 4 lengths 13 inch for CQC, 16 inch for standard battle rifles, 20 inch enhanced, and 24 inch long barrels. The ballistics will start at 24 inches and will be gradually reduced down to 13 inches. While this does not exactly cover some rifles (they may be .1-1.5 inches off it is more accurate than BIS default by a long shot. As I stated there are numerous barrel lengths for 7.62x51mm NATO, in fact I believe there are over 22 different barrel lengths, and that is just WAY too much for me to even attempt.

Dude you dont have to waste all that time - i just need some better and "proper" 7.62x51mm NATO , no need to be super 100% accurate /if you even modify the BIS values that can be enough/

i only need that for M110 mainly - other types can use default bis 7.62x51mm NATO

Edited by RobertHammer

Hm, little bit misunderstand to me: Will be the M249 in your M4/M16 update?

My recurrently, annoying wish: Is there a tiny, small chance to have an M27 in your M4/M16-pack...:o

Sorry, Sir...!

Dude you dont have to waste all that time - i just need some better and "proper" 7.62x51mm NATO , no need to be super 100% accurate /if you even modify the BIS values that can be enough/

i only need that for M110 mainly - other types can use default bis 7.62x51mm NATO

I can focus on 24 and 20 inch barrels for the time being since what you are mostly adding falls into those 2 categories, this should help speed things up and make my job a bit easier right now, thoughts?

Great seeing the community is helping with your pack, Robert! Really excited for your pack! You're the best!

I have a request for you RH, since you have already all the necessary stuff to make this, would you consider to make an Iranian S-5.56, basically an Iranian copy of a Chinese copy of the M-16A1, the Norinco QC? The handguard is similar to the M-16A2, but not identical. 20 or 30 rnd mags and fixed carry handle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_CQ

The reason I am asking is I am thinking about throwing together some contemporary Iranian units and this rifle would feature quite heavily. Also cool would be one of those old-skool 4x telescopic sights that attach to the carry handle.

Anyways, thanks in advance!

I will use your codes , dont need to worry about :D

but i suggest to test calibers mainly for m4/m16 - those types i already told you , pistols will be much later since i got tons of stuff to work with atm :p

and the pack itself is like 70% done , so still need to rework sounds + add new JSRS sounds , create tons of gear pics (FFFFFFF) and then alot testing

Referring to JSRS. Does that mean you will need JSRS to hear them or are you just using one of his sounds? Because I as well as many other prefer SOS. I'm not quite sure how this and other mods work when it comes to that... Some info would definetly help in understanding it.

No, don't worry.

It just means there will be a folder of optional files (or a seperate download of them)

that you can drag into your mod files (the rh m4/m16 ones) and it will then use some JSRS sound configurations.

You don't have to use those, it just means that you will not have the JSRS compatible effects on it, you can run it fine with speed of sound, it just wont inherently support your soundmod, even if some effects might work without extra modding.

Overall, don't worry, if you don't use JSRS, it wont affect you.

Ok, your welcome.

No, don't worry.

It just means there will be a folder of optional files (or a seperate download of them)

that you can drag into your mod files (the rh m4/m16 ones) and it will then use some JSRS sound configurations.

You don't have to use those, it just means that you will not have the JSRS compatible effects on it, you can run it fine with speed of sound, it just wont inherently support your soundmod, even if some effects might work without extra modding.

Overall, don't worry, if you don't use JSRS, it wont affect you.

Ok, your welcome.

Thanks man. Would be cool if there was a SOS one too but I'm sure that it's extra work that's not really needed. That the one thing that I don't like about SOS is that none of the other modders do anything with it.

There will be new JSRS fire sounds - they will not require the JSRS but there will be optional config that will use full JSRS