I saw some sounds and code for an M249. Is that going to release with the RH M4/M16 pack or is it going to release separately with your LMG Pack.

I have an edited rh_m4_cfg.pbo to fix the reload sound. I can post with authors permission....

I have an edited rh_m4_cfg.pbo to fix the reload sound. I can post with authors permission....

Tell me whats wrong with it ... you probably changed it to BIS reload sound right? ......

Tell me whats wrong with it ... you probably changed it to BIS reload sound right? ......

The bis ones are the same, the '30m' range for the reload noise seems to be more like 'will play at full volume for 30m' for whatever reason

I dunno man, I got it from someone else. its really really quiet. but it shits on ur one, no offence.

edit - check PM robert

Edited by Azer1234

I dunno man, I got it from someone else. its really really quiet. but it shits on ur one, no offence.

edit - check PM robert

No offense? How is someone not supposed to be offended by that? lol

Have some respect or go make your own mod.

calm down, yeah it might be a little rude but we are not a bunch on posh socialites here...

im just saying how it is, the mod is good but the reload issue ruins it, especially in PVP when u think someone is nearby due to hearing it. even if the fix is the vanilla sound, it would have been better to use that then the current one.

I really do appreciate peoples efforts, but one thing I have learnt in life is that males try harder when they are criticised or have competition, where as females do the opposite and need encouragement to do better, so naturally I went for the former :)

calm down, yeah it might be a little rude but we are not a bunch on posh socialites here...

im just saying how it is, the mod is good but the reload issue ruins it, especially in PVP when u think someone is nearby due to hearing it. even if the fix is the vanilla sound, it would have been better to use that then the current one.

I really do appreciate peoples efforts, but one thing I have learnt in life is that males try harder when they are criticised or have competition, where as females do the opposite and need encouragement to do better, so naturally I went for the former :)

I understand that some people hates it (volume will be fixed in next version), MX reload can be quieter but the issue is still there > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938 & http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18580

Selector sounds have the same issue > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18210

these issues i cant fix - BIS has to do it

Edited by RobertHammer

With ASDG RH M4/M16 compatibility pbo i get this error:

'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.RH_ta31rco_2D'.

Anyone know how to fix that?

EDIT: NVM, I was using old version of RH M4/M16.

Hey! First of all, thanks for this absolutely marvelous addon!

I just wanted to share something I noticed about it. (First of all, it's by no means a big problem, it might even be intentional as far as I know.)

All of the rifles weigh the same, be it a good old M16A1 with an M203 or just an M4A1 without a GL. And, also compared to stock ArmA 3 rifles they weight practically nothing.

You can see the comparison I made here: http://imgur.com/a/wxWMI#0 . I used https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/load command to get the weight, while being naked and holding fully loaded rifles.

As you can see the difference between the Tavor and your rifles is pretty big. Again, this is not a big problem, a 3-kilo M4 shouldn't really add any noticable load to a soldier anyway, but the discrepancy between this and the stock weapons still might mess with the balance in a potential TvT environment or something like that.

I was not able to come up with an answer for this on my own.

I followed the ammunition thread on the 5.56 values you used but can't seem to find a difference between the m16 v m4/a1. The longer barrel on the M16 should have a higher velocity, range, and accuracy over distance right? Is that something that the ammunition maker needs to give to you in order for this to properly work or are you able to do this on your own? The M4 is great, I use it with a wind ballistics mod to get accuracy at range a bit more realistic. I'm assuming with BIS current ballistics put in place having m4 rounds on target plus 400m is just something that can't be solved without a 3rd party affecting it? Or can you do something about that?

I was not able to come up with an answer for this on my own.

I followed the ammunition thread on the 5.56 values you used but can't seem to find a difference between the m16 v m4/a1. The longer barrel on the M16 should have a higher velocity, range, and accuracy over distance right? Is that something that the ammunition maker needs to give to you in order for this to properly work or are you able to do this on your own? The M4 is great, I use it with a wind ballistics mod to get accuracy at range a bit more realistic. I'm assuming with BIS current ballistics put in place having m4 rounds on target plus 400m is just something that can't be solved without a 3rd party affecting it? Or can you do something about that?

I am the one writing the ballistics code sir, unless RH is using someone else's work I am not aware of or perhaps his own. My next set of ballistics for many different rifles includes multiple barrel lengths, I am very well aware of the massive impact barrel length, powder charge, and powder burn rates have on bullets. For 5.56x45mm NATO I have 3 barrel lengths which are all used by the US Military and many many NATO forces they are....

20 inch barrel - M16 and MK12 length

14.5 inch barrel - standard NATO carbine/bullpup barrel length (M4, L85, Famas, ect...)

10.5 inch barel - NATO compact carbine barrel length (Mk18's & many PDW's)

Hello Robert Hammer!

First and foremost: Your mods are awsome!

Next, I want to present some feedback.

The magazine does not dissapear visually from the weapons when there is no magazine in it. For example, open inventory and drag magazine from weapon to vest. Weapon is emptied but magazine is still there on the 3d-model. There is an easy fix for this.

Add the following code to your model.cfg of every weapon that has a magazine:

class no_magazine

{

type="hide";

source="hasMagazine";

selection="magazine";

minValue=0.000000;

maxValue=1.00000;

hideValue=0.5;

unhideValue = -1.0;

};

Hello Robert Hammer!

First and foremost: Your mods are awsome!

Next, I want to present some feedback.

The magazine does not dissapear visually from the weapons when there is no magazine in it. For example, open inventory and drag magazine from weapon to vest. Weapon is emptied but magazine is still there on the 3d-model. There is an easy fix for this.

Add the following code to your model.cfg of every weapon that has a magazine:

I already did that for next version , thx for notice :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Really excited for your MG's and your Attachments pack! I really hope if they ever make some sort of ultimate mod for this game, that your weapons are used in it! Great quality work!

RobertHammer, just got finished with the 5.56x45mm NATO rounds in your M4/M16 pack, will be doing extensive testing tonight, also I will be testing 9mm, .40 S&W, My own 100% custom hand written .357 Sig code (which so far looks 99% accurate), and .45 ACP in your pistols pack. Once testing is finished on these I will upload the finals to you in a PM for your respective pack. Please note that I have made some extensive changes to the M4/M16 pack in regards to weapons, attachments, rates of fire being more accurate and dispersion based on a mean average.

I am the one writing the ballistics code sir, unless RH is using someone else's work I am not aware of or perhaps his own. My next set of ballistics for many different rifles includes multiple barrel lengths, I am very well aware of the massive impact barrel length, powder charge, and powder burn rates have on bullets. For 5.56x45mm NATO I have 3 barrel lengths which are all used by the US Military and many many NATO forces they are....

20 inch barrel - M16 and MK12 length

14.5 inch barrel - standard NATO carbine/bullpup barrel length (M4, L85, Famas, ect...)

10.5 inch barel - NATO compact carbine barrel length (Mk18's & many PDW's)

I was absolutely talking about you, and am a fan of your work sir! =) Was just curious if this was put in place for RH pack. As far as I know there is only one mag added for all RH weapons in this pack. the mk stag. I could be missing something though!

I was absolutely talking about you, and am a fan of your work sir! =) Was just curious if this was put in place for RH pack. As far as I know there is only one mag added for all RH weapons in this pack. the mk stag. I could be missing something though!

In RH's current pack its all his work, in his new one soon to be released (no time frame set, just soon), he will be utilizing my ballistics code, I have no clue if he wants to use all of my ballistics code or just some, its entirely up to him, it is his mod. Glad you like my work, it means a lot to me as the community is the reason why I do this.

In RH's current pack its all his work, in his new one soon to be released (no time frame set, just soon), he will be utilizing my ballistics code, I have no clue if he wants to use all of my ballistics code or just some, its entirely up to him, it is his mod. Glad you like my work, it means a lot to me as the community is the reason why I do this.

I will use your codes , dont need to worry about :D

but i suggest to test calibers mainly for m4/m16 - those types i already told you , pistols will be much later since i got tons of stuff to work with atm :p

and the pack itself is like 70% done , so still need to rework sounds + add new JSRS sounds , create tons of gear pics (FFFFFFF) and then alot testing

I will use your codes , dont need to worry about :D

but i suggest to test calibers mainly for m4/m16 - those types i already told you , pistols will be much later since i got tons of stuff to work with atm :p

and the pack itself is like 70% done , so still need to rework sounds + add new JSRS sounds , create tons of gear pics (FFFFFFF) and then alot testing

I uoloaded my new 5.56x45mm calibers for 10.5 -> 14.5 -> and 20 inch barrels (all are covered with 3 bullet types M855A1, Mk318 Mod 0, and Mk262 Mod 1), I have started work on 7.62x51 and will soon have .338 Lapua and .300 AAC Blackout. Also I uploded my KAC PDW final version, its specs are pretty close to what KAC reported in their testing.

I uoloaded my new 5.56x45mm calibers for 10.5 -> 14.5 -> and 20 inch barrels (all are covered with 3 bullet types M855A1, Mk318 Mod 0, and Mk262 Mod 1), I have started work on 7.62x51 and will soon have .338 Lapua and .300 AAC Blackout. Also I uploded my KAC PDW final version, its specs are pretty close to what KAC reported in their testing.

Good , regarding the barrels - shame that you need special bullet class for each barrel length , i have to use only 1 bullet class because i want those magazines interchangeable with all ar15

only good solution would be to Implement MagazineCoef for all weapons - that way would be much easier and realistic

I think magazinecoef is just a lame workaround. What they should really do is just have the weapon dictate the ballistics for each of the allowed magazines. Not sure how feasible it would be now, though, that long after the game had been released. You'd think such a serious issue originating from previous games and worked around by mods would have been revised for ArmA 3 :(