For a role play missions with "real" unit, CQBR is better :)

The RH mod gives : Trijicon reflex, PEQ-2, KAC NT-4 silencer and Trijicon Acog ... It's perfect for SOF unit.

For a role play missions with "real" unit, CQBR is better :)

The RH mod gives : Trijicon reflex, PEQ-2, KAC NT-4 silencer and Trijicon Acog ... It's perfect for SOF unit.

I am not saying that it would be a useless model, I am just saying that performance wise it would not be very different, however I always welcome the awesome quality that Robert Hammer has to offer!

if using my 5.56x45mm ballistics and setting the magazine init speed correctly and the two weapons being the same barrel length then yes in ArmA it would be no different than using a MK20C or a TRG20, the only difference I could fathom would be the weapons cyclic rate or the trigger selection group such as burst or auto.

gotcha, thanks ;)

I say CQBR ... not MK18 ^^

The MK18 is a upper 10.5" with M16a1 lower (used by cost guard and Navy VBSS crew)

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/816052mk18mod0.jpg

CQBR is a 10.5" upper with M4A1 lower (used by Navy SEAL and SF) :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/540538cqbrblock1.jpg

Being myself a weapon maniac and a hobbyist in weapons,you're totally wrong :)

The cqb-r upper is un upper with 10.5 inches barrel.Stop.

The mk18 is not what you posted in the first photo,which is just another cqb-r,which just means a shorter barrel,10.5,which have the same performance of a 14 inches barrel,at least at medium distance,up to 200-300 meters. :)

The mk18mod0 and the mod1 are both wastly used in all the sof community,Army Sf and East and West coast Teams (obviously not DEVGRU),but it's "just" a designation which include an M4 with a 10.5 inch barrel and various compatible accessories,through the Rail Interface System,while the mod 1 is the newer one which include a 10 inch or longer RAIL,made by DD,while the mod0 had a 7 inch barrel(there are a lot of big and little other differencies,what i wrote is just an example).

Edited by DieTU

I have the CRANE division armory book ... :), on the book the MK18 designation is used only for VBSS and coast-guard unit.

Navy SEAL and SOF operator have a SOPMOD M4a1 for a deployment in Pelicase. This Pelicase contains one M4a1 (14.5") and one CQBR upper.

The Mk18 mod 0 (VBSS) is a rifle custom by Crane division factory :

- M16a1 lower

- M4a1 upper with barrel cut in 10.3 or 10.5"

- No internal modifications

The CQB/R upper is a 14.5" cut in 10.3 or new LMT barrel.

With : Gas port expanded, extractor spring 5 coil (original is 4 coils), new gas ring and new buffer.

The upper with DD rail is a CQB/R block II (in Crane book) ... Simply

Jesus... christ, no one wants to talk about replacement packs do they? Fuck..

Yeah I wish sometimes

So I'm going to keep posting about it..

I see no reason why it couldn't be done, just let the auto rifleman keep his MX series weapon, everyone else with M4/M16's..

I have the CRANE division armory book...

Which book is this you speak of? I can't find any evidence of such a book (And I've got a book in german purely on the function and design of the H&K G11...)

Which book is this you speak of? I can't find any evidence of such a book (And I've got a book in german purely on the function and design of the H&K G11...)

Exactly,i don't know where he takes his "data" but,hey i don't want to fight! :)

Everyone can keeps his own ideas,right or wrong :)

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

I have the CRANE division armory book ... :), on the book the MK18 designation is used only for VBSS and coast-guard unit.

Navy SEAL and SOF operator have a SOPMOD M4a1 for a deployment in Pelicase. This Pelicase contains one M4a1 (14.5") and one CQBR upper.

The Mk18 mod 0 (VBSS) is a rifle custom by Crane division factory :

- M16a1 lower

- M4a1 upper with barrel cut in 10.3 or 10.5"

- No internal modifications

The CQB/R upper is a 14.5" cut in 10.3 or new LMT barrel.

With : Gas port expanded, extractor spring 5 coil (original is 4 coils), new gas ring and new buffer.

The upper with DD rail is a CQB/R block II (in Crane book) ... Simply

Just one thing that you maybe don't know:mod0 and blockI are the same thing,as mod1 and blockII are the same thing.

That's all i want to say. :)

About all the rest,well,keep your ideas,i have thousands of photos of Special Forces guys,Marsoc CSOs,Seal Teams with mk18mod0 and mod1 but we are free to believe in what we want! :)

I have a book called "Weapons of Delta Force" which says that CAG/DELTA/ACE (whatever you want to call them) uses HK MK23,which never happened...the point is,don't believe in everything you read,believe in what you are informed of :)

BTW,sorry for my LOOOOONG OT,i promise i'll never do that again :D

Edited by DieTU

So I'm going to keep posting about it..

I see no reason why it couldn't be done

it's a pain in the arse to write. instead of posting about it, if you had tried to write one yourself, you would've already finished it by now

I have a book called "Weapons of Delta Force" which says that CAG/DELTA/ACE (whatever you want to call them) uses HK MK23,which never happened...

Well, to be fair, they were designed for use by SOCOM so it's not like they couldn't get them if they wanted but the Mk23 is likely a little impractical due to it's size, weight and mag capacity, plus if you're down to using a side arm you're probably going to lean for more bullets over diameter of said bullet.

My understanding (i.e from photos, contracts and interviews) is the US Army Special Forces switched from their venerable M1911's about 10-15 years ago to the higher capacity and more reliable (Not to say the M1911 is unreliable but regular maintenance and a fair bit of work needs to be done to them to make them useable) Glock's, I suppose if you train on a system and have it set up how you like then there's no reason to change once you go to a new unit.

In one recent photo of an ACE operator (What their official name is now according to their phone number at least...) in Afghanistan showed him carrying a customised Glock too.

The reasoning for their use from my understanding is they're cheaper, easier to service (less parts), lighter, reliable, have a higher mag capacity (17 9mm rounds over the 1911's 8 and Mk23's 12) and don't need to have a lot of work done to them, one SF guy said he used it "because it was free, it works and they're like the AK of pistols".

Plus now that the USP is around the Mk23 is pretty much obsolete...

Well, to be fair, they were designed for use by SOCOM so it's not like they couldn't get them if they wanted but the Mk23 is likely a little impractical due to it's size, weight and mag capacity, plus if you're down to using a side arm you're probably going to lean for more bullets over diameter of said bullet.

My understanding (i.e from photos, contracts and interviews) is the US Army Special Forces switched from their venerable M1911's about 10-15 years ago to the higher capacity and more reliable (Not to say the M1911 is unreliable but regular maintenance and a fair bit of work needs to be done to them to make them useable) Glock's, I suppose if you train on a system and have it set up how you like then there's no reason to change once you go to a new unit.

In one recent photo of an ACE operator (What their official name is now according to their phone number at least...) in Afghanistan showed him carrying a customised Glock too.

The reasoning for their use from my understanding is they're cheaper, easier to service (less parts), lighter, reliable, have a higher mag capacity (17 9mm rounds over the 1911's 8 and Mk23's 12) and don't need to have a lot of work done to them, one SF guy said he used it "because it was free, it works and they're like the AK of pistols".

Plus now that the USP is around the Mk23 is pretty much obsolete...

Long story short,i knew already what you wrote :)

About mk23,it was just an example of how wrong can be certain books....i know for a fact that no one inside delta had ever used that pistol....for "used" i'm not meaning "tried and rejected",i mean combat use.

I know nothing (cit.) about coding,programming and so on...i do know something (cit.) about weapons....not a genius,neither the fool of the town ahahahahh

P.S.:the one who understand my citations will have my utmost respect! ;)

Hi roberthammers , i told you months ago the issue about the loud volume when you reload an M4/M16 , that you can hear a friend reloading from so much distance.

You told me that the problem comes from the game , as you can hear the charges when placing them and also the first aid sounds...

but i see that i don't hear the vanilla weapons reloading as loud as your weapons reloading are...

so would be possible a fix?

Also are you planning on some kind of paint on the weapons?

Can the hex pattern inside the Comp M2 Aimpoint be made more transparent/hidden? It's not very noticeable when aiming down the sight irl but in arma it's blatant and can get in the way of targeting

Can the hex pattern inside the Comp M2 Aimpoint be made more transparent/hidden? It's not very noticeable when aiming down the sight irl but in arma it's blatant and can get in the way of targeting

For first it is not Comp M2 , its Comp M4s which uses killflash and believe or not it is that visible even more irl

there will be "older" Comp M2 so you can use that , when it's done

Edited by RobertHammer

Got an issue on basically all the rifles that don't have foregrips, and thats that the handguards just sink through the hands in first person, which is very irritating

like a quarter of the hand is absorbed into the handguard

My Fav weapon pack ever i would have to say. Are u gonna add any snipers or light machine guns?

Also Are u gonna ever change the sounds of the weapons? they sound to fake to me... if they were

more real and raw sounding it would be a much better weapon. Also have u ever thought about being able to put

the rail addons on the left side of the gun instead of always having them on top of the rail or on the right side of the weapon

Very good weapon pack, one suggestion though, make the weapons look alittle worn (not falling apart, maybe alittle scrathes) right now the look like they are fresh out of the box.

Edited by Qside

Thanks for this exceptional mod. The level of detail in textures and functionality is incredible. A few of my friends and I restarted our server just to include it.

I do have one request though. Would it be possible to get a variant of the CompM4S without the KillFlash?

This mod is almost unplayable in mp games, because you can hear anyone reloading his weapon from any distance, like if he has been close to you, ruins the immersion. Can anyone managed to fix it, and why bis models sound ok?

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Fro example in BTC relaoding sounds work completely normal