Nope - because thats how it is in real life ,but the real Acog's zoom smudges the front sight so you dont see it

you have to use the 2D one , if that sight bothers you

I know what it does in real life... I brought it up because what it does in the game isn't what it does in real life. It makes it into a small little black smudge line that you don't notice with your eye behind it. Whereas in game it's a giant block of front sight post the same as if I was using a red dot. I wasn't aware there was a 2D Acog in your pack, what I was basically asking for was you to make the ACOG 2D as I understand the giant front sight post is because it is a 3D scope so when it magnifies it magnifies everything in front of it, if there already is a 2D one somewhere in the mod than as you were. Other than that great mod, can't wait for the new release and maybe hopefully there is an M4 BLOCK II in there somewhere. I mean, I doubt it ,but I can dream.

Edited by Troubadour

Robert, just curious if this was possible to do. I think it would help with the feel of the magnified scopes, but when you move the scope and its not fixed the edges inside the scope turn blackish and a bit transparent like this when he moves the camera?

Mostly because I would assume when moving the weapon you couldn't keep your eyes fixed perfectly on the scope. Or if you had any ideas based of it?

Robert, just curious if this was possible to do. I think it would help with the feel of the magnified scopes, but when you move the scope and its not fixed the edges inside the scope turn blackish and a bit transparent like this when he moves the camera?
Mostly because I would assume when moving the weapon you couldn't keep your eyes fixed perfectly on the scope. Or if you had any ideas based of it?

Not sure what you exactly mean , but if you mean the 3D view like that - then its not possible , because that would require proper RTT + shadowing feature like RO2 has

Hi Robert,

I noticed that you said that you would be looking at making attachments into a separate pack, will you be creating any additional attachments?

I ask as we use your M4/M16 pack as an official use mod in most of our missions and the one thing that gets a bit tiresome is swopping the ACOG for the NVS when the mission time goes into night ops.

Also from looking at a lot of operational troops today, I have seen the combined ACOG/RMR sight used quite extensively by both US and UK forces.

Would you consider reworking the ACOG to include the RMR sight and possibly use the TANS attachment as well?

This could work by having two different scopes, a standard ACOG RMR using the standard day optics without NV, and a second one with the TANS attachment that during the day has no NV and then when/if you have NV equipped, which lets face it everybody does if its available, you could turn the NV on and have the optics operate with the TANS imagery.

Most of these are available from the Trigicon company for reference, (Links below).

ACOG TA31 RMR

TANS NV Attachment

Just a thought but would be very useful especially during FIBUA engagements where you could be fighting long range then get into town and need CQB sights, and would definitely save on weight which would really help when and if a ACE mod becomes available.

P.S I PM'd you a number of months ago regarding your HK pack if you didn't get it let me know.

Regards

one cannot define an attachment for an attachment (as what you are suggesting with the TANS NV)

1. All the attachments will be standalone - this because of future packs and better compatibility

We use your TA31 ACOG with Kiory's L85A2 - they go hand in hand together and are by far my favourite weapon/optic combination.

However, there is one thing missing from the ACOG and that is a CQB optic. If you could add a CQB sight to the top of your existing TA31 ACOG that would be perfect.

Here's what I'm referring to:

TA31RMR.jpg

Many thanks,

GDSN

Agreed, a good ACOG/Doctor sight would be a nice addition.

Great job with the guns, and know that works even better in 6.5 caliber.

but, with its capacity will not be possible to draw the mk16/mk17?

mk-13-cqc.jpg

Mk-17-with-EGLM-M-13.jpg

THX

We use your TA31 ACOG with Kiory's L85A2 - they go hand in hand together and are by far my favourite weapon/optic combination.

However, there is one thing missing from the ACOG and that is a CQB optic. If you could add a CQB sight to the top of your existing TA31 ACOG that would be perfect.

Here's what I'm referring to:

https://www.trijicon.com/images/product_masters/TA31RMR.jpg

Many thanks,

GDSN

Get the FHQ Accessories pack mate, has that exact Acog from the image you posted in both black and tan. Combine that with joint rails and you're good to go.

Edited by Linkage

Guys keep this topic only about Ar15 related - (not scars or other rifles requests)

and ye Acog TA31 RMR will be most likely

Get the FHQ Accessories pack mate, has that exact Acog from the image you posted in both black and tan. Combine that with joint rails and you're good to go.

Ah, thanks for the link - those attachments look really good. Still, I'd prefer if RH did his own version as well :)

Will give FHQ a try tonight.

FHQ stuff is lower fidelity, though. In Arma 3 they look a bit out of place already

This is a great addon, really good quality. Looking through the credits I recognised quite a few names from the CS modeling community and realised that some of these models must be a few years old by now, but they still look really great. :)

However, I have a question, would it be possible to get optional JSRS compatability in a future update? That would be really awesome.

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered, searching the thread didn't bring up anything for me.

one cannot define an attachment for an attachment (as what you are suggesting with the TANS NV)

Agreed PUFU, I know attachments on attachments cannot be done, however It was difficult to explain what I was attempting to say with the brats screaming in the ear but I'll try and expand:

You are able to have two separate TA31 scopes available. One model without the TANS and One with. This would allow one model (ACOG TA31RWR-TANS) to operate with normal day optics, and if the mission runs into dusk/night situations (as some that my clan and I do) you could activate the NV.

The other model (ACOG TA31RWR) does not have the TANS attachment and therefore has no NV operation.

I am aware that there is already an all rounder scope available (Nightstalker) with which you can choose your preferred visual conditions normal/NV/B on W Thermal/Heat but I find that the reticule is not precise enough and looks more like a TV screen, which it is possibly meant to be. Plus, I think it's just me but the shape of the ACOG/CQB combination just makes the AR series so damn good looking.

I hope this helps with what I was attempting to convey.

On the subject of ACOGs, any chance of a slightly larger 6x48 version? again with the CQB sight?

Would be awesome for using in the DM role in more urban environments. Whilst retaining the slick looks as mentioned by others above.

Ignore me, just seen that it is actually 6x, I thought it was 4x :) fail on my behalf :)

Edited by P_Siddy

Ah, thanks for the link - those attachments look really good. Still, I'd prefer if RH did his own version as well :)

Will give FHQ a try tonight.

Unfortunately those scopes are 3d... pretty but I find 3d really impossible to use with Track IR...

SJ

Absolutely love this mod. Blows all the other weapons models away. Any chance your update might include a MK18/CQBR XM177/CAR15 variant, distressed weapon textures or maybe even SR25? Not a lot of options for pre-HK416 CQBRs, or quality AR10's. Be nice to outfit an early Afghanistan smu with high quality weapons. Regardless, can't wait to see what you've created. Thanks for a great mod.

I have to agree, FHQ makes some great optics, but I used the RH ACOG earlier with one of my own made weapons and found it a great combo, nice work and can't wait for the ACOG/RMR combo...

I used this MOD in ArmA II and I have to say I loved it then and I love it now.

Hi roberthammer.

First of all thank you for this awesome mod.

But it have some issues that could be easily fixed:

- The sound of the reload of the M4's is so loud , you can hear a friend reloading as you were there from 200m.

- The MRCO scope doesn't work in your weapons.

- The detailed numbers of the Grenade Launcher iron sight ( M203) of the M4/M16 variants are so blurry.

- And this is not an issue , but i find the acog's scopes a bit crappy... the player should have the posibility of changing the distance of the scope from your eye , same as RCO's and MRCO's by pressing "Ctrl + mouse right click" and the

" +/-". I don't know if i explained this correctly , but what i am saying is that in the ACOG's you just have one 4X sight position instead of the 3 positions that for example the MRCO have ( MRCO - 1st pos: just aiming , 2nd pos:

pressing "+", 3rd pos: clicking "Ctrl + mouse right click".

Everything else i find it awesome , the details and design of the weapons are amazing , the sound .... and if you could fix this would be the perfect mod.

Cheers

Edited by fons

- The sound of the reload of the M4's is so loud , you can hear a friend reloading as you were there from 200m.

Not my issue , its ArmA 3 issue > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938

- The MRCO scope doesn't work in your weapons.

Will be Fixed

- The detailed numbers of the Grenade Launcher iron sight ( M203) of the M4/M16 variants are so blurry.

I know , but UV of that thing isnt helping me - i will try something to make them sharp

- And this is not an issue , but i find the acog's scopes a bit crappy... the player should have the posibility of changing the distance of the scope from your eye , same as RCO's and MRCO's by pressing "Ctrl + mouse right click" and the

" +/-". I don't know if i explained this correctly , but what i am saying is that in the ACOG's you just have one 4X sight position instead of the 3 positions that for example the MRCO have ( MRCO - 1st pos: just aiming , 2nd pos:

pressing "+", 3rd pos: clicking "Ctrl + mouse right click".

MRCO is 1x-4x sight - thats why you have zoom modes , Acog doesnt have that - it has only fixed 4x zoom and it works the same as RCO Hamr

Edited by RobertHammer

Not my issue , its ArmA 3 issue > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938

Will be Fixed

I know , but UV of that thing isnt helping me - i will try something to make them sharp

MRCO is 1x-4x sight - thats why you have zoom modes , Acog doesnt have that - it has only fixed 4x zoom and it works the same as RCO Hamr

okey perfect! thanks for that quick reply!

Hmm ive seem to run into a little glitch maybe or wrong value on RH SAM-R and Mk12 they have no where near the same penetrating power of their counter parts using Hypnomatic Quick and Fun Projectile missions those 2 rifles only go through two boards and stop just shy of the third while all their counter parts go through three and stop on the fourth board.

Pic below to show Difference Short shots are from SAM-R and Longer are from M16A3

http://i.imgur.com/O6kXRRB.png (1736 kB)

Hmm ive seem to run into a little glitch maybe or wrong value on RH SAM-R and Mk12 they have no where near the same penetrating power of their counter parts using Hypnomatic Quick and Fun Projectile missions those 2 rifles only go through two boards and stop just shy of the third while all their counter parts go through three and stop on the fourth board.

Pic below to show Difference Short shots are from SAM-R and Longer are from M16A3

http://i.imgur.com/O6kXRRB.png (1736 kB)

thats because of Mk262 - Mk262 penetration is lower than regular M855

Edited by RobertHammer

Was using the Same ammo for both guns lemme run the other ammo through real quick totally forgot bout it... yea that was me being a dumb dumb, didn't even notice i was using the mk262 nevermind! /facepalm