By the way, Will M4 pack add M4-CQBR or anything short one?

Sorry for interrupting you guys :p

I'm calling BS on people saying they are a 2-hit kill with a shot to the torso. I've tried it myself and it's 3 or more.

You do know how easy it is to reproduce it, right? Go into the editor, give a friendly/enemy AI without weapons and scripted not to move the best body armour there is, and then shoot it with a 5.56 weapon. It's no harder than that. And it's two shots to the torso to kill them.

You do know how easy it is to reproduce it, right? Go into the editor, give a friendly/enemy AI without weapons and scripted not to move the best body armour there is, and then shoot it with a 5.56 weapon. It's no harder than that. And it's two shots to the torso to kill them.

I literally just did this and it took 4 shots. Then, just to make things silly, I can grab the dead enemy's plate carrier and have perfectly functioning armor myself now.

No what they need to do is add in another state between 'alive' and 'dead' because killing in two shots is utterly ridiculous. Knocking them down and out of the fight is fine. Killing? no, you die quick enough as is.

That would be fine with me. Looks like DayZ: Standalone is going to have a pretty good wounding / medical system. Ironic that the hardcore milsim game lacks such an essential feature to simulating combat while the silly zombie survival game gets it. And just so we stay on topic, once again, asking Robert Hammer or any other weapons addon maker to fix this broken game mechanic is irrelevant: it's up to either BIS to fix it (please!) or a more general "realism" addon like ACE to work around it.

The 556nato round's power has been debated for many years. Many SF units now use the 77 grain MK262 standard in their M4's. The USMC is testing a 72 grain bullet as well. In RL it takes either a well placed shot or many shots to drop an enemy combatant, I watched a guy take six 556 rounds and was still firing back at us. It wouldn't hurt for BI to take a look at damage values and tweak if needed :cool:

Howdy guys.

Robert and mr. Tigg first of all I want to express my gratitude for these beauties. Relly the most beautiful M4/16s I've seen so far in a videogame! Now, let's start nagging :D

a.) I also would like to see a M16A1 with a 30rnd Mag, as it would also be nice for late 1970s (surely at some point a cold war mod will emerge :) )scenarios and or 3rd world ops.

b.) I admit that I'm kinda noobish when it comes to A3s loadout system (haven't made a mission yet) so, if I want a unit to spawn with a M4 and an Aimpoint, is there a something special that I'd need to type in the init, or would I have to create a new rifle for that? because the way I see it, there are only the "standart" rifles in the ammobox. Many thanks for the help in advance guys!

I know I've posted earlier about this Robert and this is once again just my opinion but the 3d scope of the the ACOG should be the same size as the RCO, MRCO, ARCO. It is much to zoomed in and feels just like the 2d model but with sight in view. If the RCO had your ACOG reticule and secondary view. I would never change it. Right now I personally enjoy the feel of the RCO over the ACOG even though I enjoy your reticule much much more. Just food for thought.

I have to say I love the taclights, better than the BIS ones for sure, much appreciated!

b.) I admit that I'm kinda noobish when it comes to A3s loadout system (haven't made a mission yet) so, if I want a unit to spawn with a M4 and an Aimpoint, is there a something special that I'd need to type in the init, or would I have to create a new rifle for that? because the way I see it, there are only the "standart" rifles in the ammobox. Many thanks for the help in advance guys!
In the unit's init line you'd have to add the appropriate number of total magazines for the weapon (including the one that will be loaded into the weapon at the beginning of the mission), then the corresponding M4 (i.e. "RH_m4a1_ris"), and then finally add the optic with addPrimaryWeaponItem.

If there's a "weapon AND accessories" combo classname -- for example, "arifle_MX_Hamr_pointer_F" for the MX with RCO and IR laser -- then you could just addWeapon with that and forego the third step (addPrimaryWeaponItem), but none is listed in the OP.

Just noticed that mk12 has animated bipods, such a great job RH! Thanks, I hope to see an MG pack with animated bipods too :)

Just noticed that mk12 has animated bipods, such a great job RH! Thanks, I hope to see an MG pack with animated bipods too :)

Ditto.

AR-10 should be 7.62x51mm, right?

Edited by ziant

It is, last I checked. Is it not somehow?

it is. just to be sure. thanks for confirming. :)

RH, it would be great if you could release your scopes/accessories in a separate DL pack similar to FHQ. I love your accessories.

One suggestion and this pack will LITERALLY be as perfect as I will ever want.

Add an M27 IAR to replace the MX SW, make t use 60 round surefire mags.

M27 IAR: http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/hk416-m27-iar/101911mtm27iar002.jpg

60 round surefire 5.56 mag for AR15 variants: http://skulltactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SureFire_MAG5-60.jpg

(Very similar to the mags used in A3's MX SW, they are coffin mags with more then double stacked capacity).

Kindly explain to me how I can still be hearing the default reload sound when other people reload (but not myself) when I have overwritten the reload.wss file in the pbo.

There should be no way it's possible for that audio to be heard by me at all.

Any chance of seeing an update on the M16A4s rail texture? It's been said before, but it looks as if it is plastic when all the other rails blend with the rest of the receiver. Thanks!

Make the damn ammo stronger! It takes 6-8 shots to the chest to kill a CSAT.

The issues regarding 5.56mm ammo are something BI needs to look at. That, or the way soldier protection and the damage system is handled. It's certainly not Robert's fault and not necessarily his problem either, it's the system that needs tweaked.

Swap the uniform and try again...

Welcome to ArmA 3's world, unfortunately. In fact my group has stopped doing coops for awhile now because it sucks shooting the opfor and all they do is weeble-wobble then kill you. It's not Roberts issue, but an ArmA issue directly. Whoever in the office thought it was a great idea to have the Opfor soak up ammo and then Zoidberg their way across the battlefield, needs their head examined. Last time my group played, the opfor took a blatant shot to the head with a sniper rifle and didn't drop, lol. So yeah, you should be screaming that at our friends at BIS, and not RH.

I have asked Lao Fei Maos permission to release the version of his mod I made that effects all NATO 5.56 and 7.62 including this mod and a few others like massi's, TMR, and EricJ's SCARs.

It brings back one hit kills withing 100 meters with 5.56 and out past 100 meters its 1-2 hits to kill. 7.62 is 1 hit kill almost always unless leg or arm hit. We have been using it for a couple of weeks now and while I would prefer BIS to fix the problem it is a good temporary fix that can be easily removed if they ever do without messing with other peoples mods.

I have asked Lao Fei Maos permission to release the version of his mod I made that effects all NATO 5.56 and 7.62 including this mod and a few others like massi's, TMR, and EricJ's SCARs.

It brings back one hit kills withing 100 meters with 5.56 and out past 100 meters its 1-2 hits to kill. 7.62 is 1 hit kill almost always unless leg or arm hit. We have been using it for a couple of weeks now and while I would prefer BIS to fix the problem it is a good temporary fix that can be easily removed if they ever do without messing with other peoples mods.

I think it would be better for 5.56 to have 2 shot kills at 100m unless its a headshot, and three shots to center mass at 200m out, and 7.62 to have 1 shot kills at 100m, and 2 shot kills at 200m out. Makes it pretty similar to ACE back in A2

If you guys havent known yet and if Im not mistaken, the reason why CSAT soldiers is very hard to kill is because of their gear. Swap the vest and uniform for something else (preferably lighter of course) and try shoot some lead into them then.

source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171291-The-AAF-Tank-is-freaking-amazing!&p=2595136&viewfull=1#post2595136

Edited by Modder
added source