Sign in to follow this  
Desolate

Hacker Crashing our Server without even connecting

We have solved the mystery as to why our server is crashing last night. We run a server with plenty of bandwidth for all the players. We have a certain "hacker" who can crash our server in game before battleye finishes its startup. We have banned his guid and ip but he keeps coming back under vpns from all over the country. This is a huge issue it has destroyed our takistan life server. We know its him because we have made contact with him in ts and he has all but admitted it. We know this is a hacker problem not a server problem. From what we know it is in no way a ddos attack, when the attack happens it simply disconnects everyone from the server but the server is technically still running.

I know who it is because they have admitted to it and it has now turned into pure war for me,

They are able to crash my server remotely without connecting,

i am investigating there is a mdmp file created, i have tightened security but it has completely raped my server and its inhabitants.

I will not stand for this and unfortunately must turn to the same measures that are taking me down.

When i know more, i will post what i find so that this problem can be eradicated.

If you find out more.. Please Post...

The Date of your post is very very alarming to me, because it is the same week that this "attacker" of mine started there own server....

Please PM me for more info...

I would like to let the public know.... i would like to see this kind of immature crap END

At the root of it all is abusive administrators... literally playing the mob, in hopes to monopolize....

We have solved the mystery as to why our server is crashing last night. We run a server with plenty of bandwidth for all the players. We have a certain "hacker" who can crash our server in game before battleye finishes its startup. We have banned his guid and ip but he keeps coming back under vpns from all over the country. This is a huge issue it has destroyed our takistan life server. We know its him because we have made contact with him in ts and he has all but admitted it. We know this is a hacker problem not a server problem. From what we know it is in no way a ddos attack, when the attack happens it simply disconnects everyone from the server but the server is technically still running.

What are you looking for from us? I dont see a question in there.

Lol, I don't want to sound like a smartass, but I would assume they want to know how to stop the hacker.

Call the police mybe? Thats what i would do.

If you have his original IP just report it (Anywhere) Legal actions can be taken because I assume you are paying for this server and he is interrupting your service..

Sounds to me like this person has root access to the machine your hosting on or a router close to it or at least enough access to disrupt the connections to your server. As mentioned already such activity is highly illegal and you should start by reporting this issue to your host, if they can't solve it for you the first thing I would do is find a new host.

It is called "RE" attacks wich means "Remote Execution". The DayZ Mod servers i host have been the target of these kind of attacks on and off from these kind of attacks.

Often lasting weeks every day every hour. It is on purpose and the sole purpose is to destroy player base and with that destroy a community.

Now this "RE" is done with dll injection of highly sofisticated code in sqf language involving fooling your server into executing code over the network on every connected client.

As Dwarden said try v1.63 and hope this helps slow it down or stop it. Other then that there is nothing you can do but sit and wait it out and dont cave in to these kind of practices.

Eventually the guy doing this will get bored and stop it or forget about you.

I know this doesnt really help you but this should shed some light on what you are experiencing as i know very well what kind of stress and problems this brings along.

Effects of these kind of attacks can range from clients all killing themselves or actually the server instructing the deaths of all connected clients. Disconnecting all players.

Disconnecting players randomly. Causing major lag by re'ing exesive code blocks mostly in the form of while true do loops with many nested foreach loops...

Effectivly and plain crashing the dedi exe but not killing the process thus leaving you behind with a "dead" process wich wont shut down automatically keeping your server

down until you notice it. Theres a 1000 tings that can be done with RE and thankfully Dwarden has already patched up alot of the remote bypasses used to execture RE

instructions. But yeah there are still a handfull bypasses in existance that are being well kept hidden. You could in a way thank dayz for the mass hacking cause that

revealed alot of insight to dwarden and anyone working on battleye and enabled them to patch up alot of holes.