Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Also as far as the groups for the default weapons.... That's going to cause issues for some people (possibly me so I have a personal issue with it) as I've set some people up with "tuned" ammo for the TRG-21 and that's going to cause some problems. But that's how I feel on that matter anyway. Then again I can just post the ammo here:

CfgMagazines
class TAR21mk318_mag: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag
{
	ammo="ej_B_mk318tar";
	displayNameShort="Mk318";
	displayname="TAR-21 Mk318 30-round Magazine";
	initspeed=857.0976;
	lastroundstracer=5;
	scope=2;
	mass=8;
};
class TAR21mk262_mag: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag
{
	ammo="ej_B_mk262tar";
	displayNameShort="Mk262";
	displayname="TAR-21 Mk262 30-round Magazine";
	initspeed=765.04797;
	lastroundstracer=5;
	scope=2;
	mass=8;
};
class TAR21m855a1_mag: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag
{
	ammo="ej_B_m855a1tar";
	displayNameShort="M855A1";
	displayname="TAR-21 M855A1 30-round Magazine";
	initspeed=862.58398;
	lastroundstracer=5;
	mass=8;
};

Cfg Ammo part:

class ej_B_mk318tar: B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit=9.8823156;
	typicalSpeed=937.09357;
	airFriction=-0.0011705513;
	caliber=0.755;
	deflecting=18;
	visibleFire=3;
	audibleFire=5.5;
	model="\A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red";
	nvgonly=0;
	tracerendtime=1;
	tracerscale=1;
	tracerstarttime=0.050000001;
};
class ej_B_m855a1tar: B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit=8.442853;
	typicalSpeed=941.87775;
	airFriction=-0.0011551528;
	caliber=0.85500002;
	deflecting=21;
	visibleFire=3.0999999;
	audibleFire=6;
	nvgonly=0;
	tracerendtime=1;
	tracerscale=1;
};
class ej_B_mk262tar: B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit=11.350416;
	typicalSpeed=852.17511;
	airFriction=-0.0011074429;
	caliber=0.61500001;
	deflecting=15;
	visibleFire=2.6500001;
	audibleFire=5;
	nvgonly=0;
	tracerendtime=1;
	tracerscale=1;
};

Edited by EricJ

If this new addon is to be ASDG_JAM (Joint Ammunition & Magazines) I vote JointRails becomes ASDG_JAR (Joint Accessories & Rails).

JAM JAR!

Regarding the ACE advanced ballistic values. I think we should be good by just inheriting from B_556x45_Ball (for example) at least regarding the ammo values. ACE defines them there already. But I guess it needs ace_ballistics in requiredAddons though. :/

Edited by lukrop

But I guess it needs ace_ballistics in requiredAddons though. :/

Don't really see the need to consider ACE because ideally I think this should be a dependency of theirs (or, perhaps more likely, Robalo and they share the same config file), makes sense to me if Spartan is the source either way. But ACE can just super-class these with additional config entries.

No worries as the AI values are set on the modes and not the ammo anyway. Yeah once you post the update (I assume it'll be with Joint Rails?, i.e. in the same PBO?) I'll move some of my weapons to that as well.

There are lots of AI related properties in cfgAmmo which I will try to avoid touching here and instead inherit from vanilla superclasses so they can be modded elsewhere:

audibleFire

visibleFire

dangerRadiusBulletClose

dangerRadiusHit

suppressionRadiusBulletClose

suppressionRadiusHit

JAM will be separate from JR

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Also as far as the groups for the default weapons.... That's going to cause issues for some people (possibly me so I have a personal issue with it) as I've set some people up with "tuned" ammo for the TRG-21 and that's going to cause some problems. But that's how I feel on that matter anyway.

Hmm, no, that would defeat the consistency purpose of this addon.

No worries, I just don't want to screw some people over given you're setting up ammo settings for the vanilla weapons but then again I think I'll be good anyway.

I have worked with the visible and audiblefire settings however I am not 100% certain that they are set for a "per meter" range 0.01 = 1 meter but that was my educated guess.

Have this error in rpt:

Conflicting addon asdg_jointmuzzles in 'asdg_jointrails\', previous definition in 'asdg_jointmuzzles\'

Please fix.

Have this error in rpt:

Please fix.

Joint Muzzles are integrated into Joint Rails now, remove old Joint Muzzles.

Yeah, from first post:

ASDG Joint Muzzles - deprecated, integrated into JointRails since 0.13

Thank you and sorry. Didn't find any info about that on armaholic.

RFC

Was wondering whether I should add another rail for the machineguns, to be able to easily blacklist the longer scopes.

Weapons like the 240 and 249 don't have that much "space" to go "long" IRL. Even then it's not truly monolithic like rifles so given the normal config values (which seem to work just as good) it really shouldn't matter.

I mean even if the rail would permit mounting a long scope you would not do it IRL if it would block the belt feed and you'd have to remove the scope to be able to reload. Anyway I'll add the rail class.

Yeah gotcha

2015-06-08_00017_zpsekokgooh.jpg

Latest ArmA 3 update causes an issue with Virtual Arsenal and Marksmen DLC.

Bi-pod selection is stuck. What I mean by that is the icon for selecting bi-pods constantly shows while creating load-outs in VA no matter what gear category is selected. It is also inoperable when trying to add bi-pods to your custom load-outs.

Latest ArmA 3 update causes an issue with Virtual Arsenal and Marksmen DLC.

Bi-pod selection is stuck. What I mean by that is the icon for selecting bi-pods constantly shows while creating load-outs in VA no matter what gear category is selected. It is also inoperable when trying to add bi-pods to your custom load-outs.

Can't repro this, working fine here.

Can't repro this, working fine here.

That's interesting, even while running the mod on it's own without extra configs it does this for me.

Going to reinstall my game

Edited by OOster

Update on bi-pod VA issue with the new update if anyone else has the same issue. (Fixed)

I deleted all the mod files and reinstalled from the files posted in this thread and not from Armaholic. Which seemed to have fixed it. Very interesting error I guess, perhaps just a bad install on my end after I updated this mod last? idk, still confused how this could have happened.

I download JR from Armaholic and haven't had the issue you describe even when I enabled/disabled the mod when on the new patch.

Update on bi-pod VA issue with the new update if anyone else has the same issue. (Fixed)

I deleted all the mod files and reinstalled from the files posted in this thread and not from Armaholic. Which seemed to have fixed it. Very interesting error I guess, perhaps just a bad install on my end after I updated this mod last? idk, still confused how this could have happened.

You need to always delete old version when updating a mod manually. True, most times it works fine, but when it does not, you regret not cleaning it :-)

Im having an issue where if I have ASDG enabled I can attach optics to 3rd party weapons but I can no longer attach optics to vanilla ones. I have to disable the mod in order to be able to run any optics on a MX for example. Anyone else having this issue?

Im having an issue where if I have ASDG enabled I can attach optics to 3rd party weapons but I can no longer attach optics to vanilla ones. I have to disable the mod in order to be able to run any optics on a MX for example. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, everything's working fine here.

A list of the addons you used would help us to help you though.

Same here, no issues.

Nope, everything's working fine here.

A list of the addons you used would help us to help you though.

A3MP

ACE 3

CBA

ASR AI3

Babe-Mid tex

BC-Phoenix, Skies, Tracers

CAF AG + audio patch

CJTF_IR strobe

DEditor_v12

DragonFyre

FHQ_accessories + M4s

MCC