Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Version 0.9 uploaded.

Check first post for link and changes.

Robalo, am I daydreaming or with this new function:

Added class asdg_OpticRail1913_long (for use with longer, 2-in-1 attachments, e.g. scope + clip-on NVS)

... we can have, for example, an Eotech optic and then attach thge magnifier? Or make use of combos of optic+thermal/NV without the hackerish script BWMod were using?

Great news then! =)

_myarray = [_myweapon] call asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments;

Ahhh... spent couple of hours digging through VAS functions to create my own in getting compatible attachments in ASDG yesterday. But this is great! Thanks Robalo!

Robalo: I see that there are some optional configs missing from the 0.9 package in comparison to 0.8;

asdg_jointrails_mas_weapons.pbo (plus key)

asdg_jointrails_tmr.pbo (plus key)

Are they not needed anymore? If still needed, do I just use the 0.8 ones?

Thanks in advance!

Robalo: I see that there are some optional configs missing from the 0.9 package in comparison to 0.8;

asdg_jointrails_mas_weapons.pbo (plus key)

asdg_jointrails_tmr.pbo (plus key)

Are they not needed anymore? If still needed, do I just use the 0.8 ones?

Thanks in advance!

I believe with those 2 mods they have integrated native ASDG JR support. So additional config.pbo's arent required anymore, just run the mod + ASDG JR.

@bamse

new versions of Massi's weapons and TMR already have asdg config so you don't need 0.8 ones.

awesome, thanks for a fast reply :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

ASDG Joint Rails v0.9

required_addons.png

Only required when you use the optional configs:

Iansky's Scope Mod A3

Mp7

RH M4/M16 pack

MK18 Mod 1

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

;2704415']Robalo' date=' am I daydreaming or with this new function:

... we can have, for example, an Eotech optic and then attach thge magnifier? Or make use of combos of optic+thermal/NV without the hackerish script BWMod were using?

Great news then! =)[/quote']

Yes, you're daydreaming.

It just means Robalo has added an extra category of rail that can be declared in the weapon config to stop attachments that have too big of a rail footprint (if they are also declared as only being compatible with the "long" rail), from being attached to weapons that don't have rails that are long enough to accommodate those attachments.

If you run BWMod with ASDG you will see that on certain weapons with short rails, stuff like the S&B 3-20×50 scope with NSV600 and Zeiss 6-24×72 with NSV80 will result in the NV attachments levitating in mid-air somewhere in front of the rail they're supposed to attach to. If those are declared as "long" attachments in future, they will only fit on weapons that have declared "long" rails (I assume things like the G27 Standard and G82, which are the only weapons those attachments fit on in the standard BWMOD without the ASDG plugin).

It's in a similar way, that there has been a "short" rail category incorporated into ASDG for quite some time, that will stop attachments with a medium footprint, being attached to very short rails.

The 3 attachment slot maximum on weapons is a hardcoded limit. "Hacky" attachment-switching scripts are currently the only possible way to attempt to simulate compound assemblies of optics.

I am working on implementing ASDG Joint Rails compatibility for Swedish Forces Pack and I got it working for the most important weapons and attachments. We want this to be an optional mod. What is the best way to distribute it? Is it to bundle a compatibility patch along with the main SFP mod? What does other modders and the community prefer?

Finally! I´ve requested this to GranQ a lot ;) Brisse, you may add an opt ASDG config folder (with the proper .pbos) inside of the next SFP release, so people who doesn´t use ASDG can ignore it, and those as I, can put them along with the SFP .pbos, it is the best approach. Most moders act this way, or you can have a separate .rar only with the ASDG plugins at the OP on the SFP thread (tou I think the best way is to bundle all, with proper folders)

cheers!

Thanks for the replies everyone, questions were answered and things explained better than I would've :)

Extra thanks to da12thMonkey for the wonderful RKSL attachment package and for supporting ASDG JR !

Please provide feedback if you find any bugs.

All the issues I´ve PM you on the test version are still there (AK4 and AK4C probs, Ak5C with fire selector badly rotated - too low - and DBAL inverted/tilted and up right on the siderail) but they can´t overlap the fact that it is wonderful to have ASDG support to them, thanks a lot =)

cheers!

I fixed the fire selector and a lot of other stuff not related to ASDG JR yesterday but it was to late to put it into the release. It will have to wait for 0.3.6.

Null problem, I enjoy SFP too much and I overlook those little issues, I just reported for the sake of being the best mod ever ;)

Hope to see the grippen NG soon lol

cheers!

In latest dev /bootcamp dlc/ - the asdg_OpticRail1913_short isnt working , not even on BIS weapons - you can attach only default BIS optics

In latest dev /bootcamp dlc/ - the asdg_OpticRail1913_short isnt working , not even on BIS weapons - you can attach only default BIS optics

Hey Robert,

Got dev and everything works as expected, just did a quick test to be sure. Please send me your config so we can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,

Hello Robalo,

I was wondering if in light of one of the recent updates where ARMA 3 can now use the launcher to enable/disable workshop addons everytime you play, would you consider adding your Joint Rails to the ARMA3 Workshop?

Thanks,

Pepsi305

Hello Robalo,

I was wondering if in light of one of the recent updates where ARMA 3 can now use the launcher to enable/disable workshop addons everytime you play, would you consider adding your Joint Rails to the ARMA3 Workshop?

Thanks,

Pepsi305

I was going to ask the same question. :) the reason i was going to ask is i run a private arma 3 server that i would like to use mods on, most of which require your mod to work right. Now i'm OK with the old way of installing mods but a lot of the guys that play are totally new to arma series and because of this the steam workshop auto download is nice allows them to play with the veteran players. Love the mods as well keep up the great work.

Edited by gobi42

hey robalo,

i have a problem with VAS, Bwmod and ASDG.

if i make a loudout with bw-weapons and assignments and save them, if i loud the loudout there are no assignments on the weapon and they are not in the inventory anymore.

greets Blackswater

Hello Robalo,

Thanks,

Pepsi305

I'll get it on Steam eventually, but it's not a priority right now.

hey robalo,

i have a problem with VAS, Bwmod and ASDG.

if i make a loudout with bw-weapons and assignments and save them, if i loud the loudout there are no assignments on the weapon and they are not in the inventory anymore.

greets Blackswater

Think I made a comment on this on the VAS thread. Nothing I can do about it, either BWMOD (config-wise) or VAS (script-wise) can fix it.

I do not think that is VAS fault...

If you use BWmod weapons in arsenal with the ASDG compatiblity patch, you can use ASDG stuff on those guns but.....

Arsenal options suggest otherwise.

tldr: Clearly the configuration is screwed up on the ASDG compat patch for BWmod.

I do not think that is VAS fault...

If you use BWmod weapons in arsenal with the ASDG compatiblity patch, you can use ASDG stuff on those guns but.....

Arsenal options suggest otherwise.

tldr: Clearly the configuration is screwed up on the ASDG compat patch for BWmod.

Well, let's see. Code below is from VAS:

if(!isNil "_slotclasses") then
{
_slotclasses = _slotclasses - ["MuzzleSlot"];
_slotclasses = _slotclasses - ["CowsSlot"];
_slotclasses = _slotclasses - ["PointerSlot"];
};

Now, consider this: BWMod uses the class names above in their JR config.

Possible fixes:

- VAS - remove/comment that whole block above from fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf

- BWMod - use different class names, for example BW_CowsSlot, BW_PointerSlot

Arsenal ? If you mean the Virtual Arsenal from the latest "bootcamp" update, it's not working well with the compatibleItems class config structure, so it's not fully compatible with this mod.

Edited by Robalo