Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

The first post already has a weapon example. Then there's the main pbo as well as the extra configs from the opt directory, they're all examples and should cover every way of using this system.

Let me know what's missing.

I've gone through those configs and adapted my base to them, but that gave me the "no config\etc. etc." error in game when I tried to use my firearm, attempting to use FHQ as a base just simply wouldn't let it work with binpbo

Could you do a config for AV's IndUs weapons?

Negative, I won't do any more extra configs, but maintain the main addon and provide support for others to make use of this.

I've gone through those configs and adapted my base to them, but that gave me the "no config\etc. etc." error in game when I tried to use my firearm, attempting to use FHQ as a base just simply wouldn't let it work with binpbo

Need more detail. Post a link to your config here or by PM and I'll tell you where the problem is.

not sure if this is an issue with this mod or with FHQ accessories but when they are used in multiplayer, *with this mod running* players that look at someone who is using a vanilla gun with a modded optic can sometimes see a black line or other polygon. Any ideas?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192751960 for a screen shot

not sure if this is an issue with this mod or with FHQ accessories but when they are used in multiplayer, *with this mod running* players that look at someone who is using a vanilla gun with a modded optic can sometimes see a black line or other polygon. Any ideas?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192751960 for a screen shot

That looks like the outline of a proxy

That looks like the outline of a proxy

Looks like the effect of a broken shadow LOD to me - either some non-closed geometry or a non-triangulated face has crept into whatever LOD the game is using to generate the shadow of the object in the tower.

One question. New VAS version is out and i suppose "v2.1: - Added: Support for new compatibleItems class structure (Thanks to Robalo)." refers to what asdg rails is doing?

One question. New VAS version is out and i suppose "v2.1: - Added: Support for new compatibleItems class structure (Thanks to Robalo)." refers to what asdg rails is doing?

It means that this mod and VAS are compatible now.

Looks like the effect of a broken shadow LOD to me - either some non-closed geometry or a non-triangulated face has crept into whatever LOD the game is using to generate the shadow of the object in the tower.

Yeah, you're right. This is certainly not a problem caused by ASDG Joint Rails, though.

Ok, well I'm glad its not this mod, but does anyone have advice on how to fix it?

Does this mod only work with the DEV branch? Some of the posts I'm reading in this thread seem to suggest this.

My reason for asking is I am unable to attach FHQ accessories to RH's M4's using the sample configs provided by Robalo alongside the rails mod. I have tried it from both the latest version of VAS (2.1) and by pulling accessories directly out of crates.

Does this mod only work with the DEV branch?

It works perfectly fine with the stable release, just tested it.

Help me understand, please. With this mod and the appropriate sample configs, I should be able to place one of the FHQ accessories on one of RobertHammer's M4's, correct?

Assuming this is correct: Why am I not able to? Everything is installed properly or as properly as I am aware to install them. I am not new to Arma, but sometimes things work a little differently from typical. Configs for the weapons mods I have are in place. I have activated the mods from in-game and restarted as prompted by the game. What am I missing?

Assuming this is not correct: Nevermind. I was mistaken as to the purpose of this mod.

Help me understand, please. With this mod and the appropriate sample configs, I should be able to place one of the FHQ accessories on one of RobertHammer's M4's, correct?

Assuming this is correct: Why am I not able to? Everything is installed properly or as properly as I am aware to install them. I am not new to Arma, but sometimes things work a little differently from typical. Configs for the weapons mods I have are in place. I have activated the mods from in-game and restarted as prompted by the game. What am I missing?

Assuming this is not correct: Nevermind. I was mistaken as to the purpose of this mod.

Yes it works that way assuming you have installed the optional config for RH M4 provided here into the @ASDG_JR\addons folder. By default it's in @ASDG_JR\opt. Please upload your RPT and provide a link to it, that will tell exactly if the correct addons are loaded.

Thank you, Robalo. Here is the latest .rpt: arma3_2013-11-08_13-30-19.rpt

Edit: I tried playing around with my load order to no effect. I am still unable to place FHQ accessories on RobertHammer's M4's/M16's.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Update

Thank you, Robalo. Here is the latest .rpt: arma3_2013-11-08_13-30-19.rpt

Edit: I tried playing around with my load order to no effect. I am still unable to place FHQ accessories on RobertHammer's M4's/M16's.

Make sure to use the latest version of FHQ Accessories. AFAIK the latest version doesn't have a fhq_accessory_bonus.pbo in it which you seem to be running.

Robalo, this was added to the Play with Six network, but as one big download - when you use your joint rails with only some of the other addons it works with, it throws back missing pbo errors. Is it possible to resolve this on your end or does it have to be address on the PwS?

Not something I can fix. By default only asdg_jointrails.pbo should be used when activating the mod. All the rest are optional configs and require the original mods they're made for.

I have the current version of FHQ Accessories pack (v1.3) downloaded from Armaholic. It specifically states this mod as a requirement, and it does function with RHARD_MK18 and vanilla weapons.

Edit: Apparently, I wasn't running the latest version. I downloaded it and moved it for organizational purposes, but I forgot to install it then forgot I didn't install it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Update

Can't save attachment with MK18MOD1 in vas ( save →load → gone) any suggestion or having same problem with me?

Can't save attachment with MK18MOD1 in vas ( save →load → gone) any suggestion or having same problem with me?

Out of curiosity, are you using the -nologs option?

Out of curiosity, are you using the -nologs option?

Don't know what is -nologs option even

it goes into the command line when you launch the game. disables RPT logging

Don't know what is -nologs option even

It suppresses RPT spam, but as I found out the hard way, it also suppresses error messages about missing addons, so you can e.g. launch the FHQ M4 pack without even loading the Accessories, with errors later in the game.

Was just an idea.

hi, a few day ago, there comes a new RH M4/M16 Version. Because of these changes i want to ask you, Robalo, could you adjust your addon on the new RH M4 Addon, or works it already buggless?

because your work is amazing!