Sign in to follow this  
suprememodder

Arma models in WoT mod

the models look similar, not the same though. a T72 will look like any other T72. the only way to know is to look at the mesh and see if indeed it's a copy.

this thread is silly.

Dynamo;2543669']the models look similar' date=' not the same though. a T72 will look like any other T72. the only way to know is to look at the mesh and see if indeed it's a copy.

this thread is silly.[/quote']

Interesting theory, but you are wrong. There are certain details on the texture like bumps and scratches that match the ArmA1 T72.

Edit: Made a comparison.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/digitalwarfarestudios/other/t72_compare.jpg

Edited by JdB

Dynamo;2543669']the models look similar' date=' not the same though. a T72 will look like any other T72.[/quote']

BIS' T-72 model was always incorrectly fitted with a DShK machinegun on the commander's cupola stowed in a forward facing position like a T-55. It's one of the little idiosyncrasies of BIS' representation of the vehicle - probably the result of re-using the model they'd made for the tripod-mounted DShK from Arma.

This "WoT" model has the same, incorrect DShK model on the turret.

By nature of the "a T-72 will look like any other T-72" argument, the majority of authors modelling this particular subject (the T-72) would end up modelling the correct NSV machinegun on the cupola instead, having used real-life photos images of the tank as a reference. Accidentally repeating such mistakes as BIS made through ignorance of the finer details of the subject, is uncommon unless the majority of source material available perpetuates this mistake - which is not true of the majority of images of T-72 tanks on the internet, or T-72 models from other authors. Hell, there are enough community-made T-72 addons for Arma that intentionally fix this mistake on the BIS model.

!! Piss Poor

One of our Eastern friends in this forum might like to let the "author" know BI will be along shortly :)

I doubt they will as I reported a few sites way back that had all the oa and a2 content on them and guess what there still there a year later.:(

I doubt they will as I reported a few sites way back that had all the oa and a2 content on them and guess what there still there a year later.:(

Quite a difference though. The litigation process might have been too expensive in that case for little to possibly no gain at all. In this case, WoT is fairly successful and profitable, which means that it would without a doubt be worth their while to follow through with a civil suit.