Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

targets in red

What dictates if an enemy shows up in red brackets or not? Seems like alot of times someone will spot or call out an enemy, but they don't show up on my screen in red brackets. is this right? Thanks

Edited by allthumbs

Enemy in red bracket is enemy that your commander assigned to you as a target.

So for example: you are in 5men sqad, and you are number 2 your commander will shout: "2 engage that man!" then the said man will appear in red bracket or his last known location will be marked with red bracket if noone of your sqad has wisual on him anymore.

If the commander just spots him or assign him to another sqadmember, he will not appear in the red brackets.

Thanks for your help. Is there a way for me to call out or mark targets for my team?

What makes an enemy marked in red on my map - is it whether I have seen them or whether a team member has seen them? Thanks again!

You can asign targets to your soldiers by using orders. forexample you want your sniper to kill enemy soldier, you have that sniper on slot 2, so you press F2 aim at desired target and choose option that says "atack" or you can press F2 and then you press one of the command menu buttons (the numbers on your alphabetical keyboard: 1,2,3,.....) I thing targets are accesed in 3 but not sure.

Depends on settings but generally, All enemies seen by you or any friendly troop appears on map, if you are on easy or regular. I play on Veteran settings and have map markers dissabled as they are unrealistic.