Sign in to follow this  
vitamin

Strange issue with textures

I have a strange texture problem with AMX30 addon. When looking at this tank from outside - everything is fine. But when being inside it, the tank becomes... transparent.

Gunner's inside view:

iqinhj.jpg

And when turn out:

hun9er.jpg

And this happens also with driver and commander. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

At the bottom it mentions:

IMPORTANT:

Needed Operation Frenchpoint Addons !

Are you running the game with those addons?

Well, at the bottom of the page you linked to it says: "IMPORTANT: Needed Operation Frenchpoint Addons !"

It's probable that they kept the interior textures from the basic Operation Frenchpoint Mod and just made new ones for the exterior. Look inside the addon with Pbo Explorer.

Also you can try opening the model .p3d with TxtPathSwap (if it's in MLOD format) and seeing if it lists textures in an addon that you haven't got.

This addon doesn't require any other addons to be loaded with it. Also I checked p3d file and there are no textures listed that are outside of this addon's folder. And besides, AFAIK if there were some textures missing I would get white textures - but not transparent. So I'd assume it got to be something else.

I took a look at those tanks' p3d files and they don't have modeled interiors, it's just the proxies for the crew.

Could you tell me please what it means exactly? BTW, I have a strange feeling that I won't be able to fix this - am I right?

Well, this means there is no interior for those tanks - just the models of the crew. So it's not really fixable, you'd have to create (or paste from another tank model) the whole inside along with textures - which isn't exactly an easy job...

I really need this tank so I'd appreciate it very much if you could guide me how to paste those interiors from another tank (default BIS T55 maybe, or from some other 3rd party addon - don't know what would be easier).

That might not be worth the effort, it's a long way to go and you wouldn't be able to redistribute it for user missions or anything else online. You'd have to un-pbo it, find one of the original tanks in usable MLOD format (for example the M1A1 in the BISModels pack), open it up with O2, copy out the different Gunner/Pilot/Commander sections and remove the old proxies, then compress it all again and hope everything worked out - there might still be other issues I'm not considering right now.

I need it for my personal use only so no worries. I just need some clear instructions (step-by-step) on O2 part as I've never used this program (I tried to avoid it at all costs but looks like I can't anymore).

That's gonna be a tough one without O2 experience. But I'll try to explain the steps:

First of all, you need to download and set up O2 and the Buldozer - here's some basic instructions on how to do that: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/start/start.htm (don't know about the download link now that OFPEC is down, but you should find it on Google)

Now you'll need a few other tools, too - basically something to decompress and compress .pbo files (I'm using WinPbo) and the Texture Path Swap Tool, both can be found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/OFP:_Community_Tools

Then you should be able to find BISModels (a pack of BIS sample models) somewhere, but I haven't had any luck with a quick search.

So, now the editing begins - you'll have to open up the BIS M1A1 and just copy the contents of the "View Cargo" LOD and paste it in the tank model (but remove everything in its View Cargo LOD first) and create a new "View Pilot" LOD, then again, copy over the contents from the BIS sample model.

In the last steps, you'll have to use the Texture Path Swap tool to change "BISM1A1" to "data" and just compress it with WinPbo

I have a little problem - after step #3 from this O2 tutorial, I get error message:

333wsy0.jpg

Damn... I don't know much about DirectX related errors - did you try running the Bulldozer with and without the parameters?

I fixed this error message by coping my flashpoint.cfg file (as tutorial suggests) but now the Buldozer window is in fullscreen mode and I don't know how to make it into windowed mode?

Here is mine :

Light_Explo=1;

CtrlSlowForw=16;

MaxSounds=8;

CtrlLockTarg=15;

Brightness=1.046356;

Limit_LOD=0.019000;

MaxShadows=126;

Cockpit_Textures=256;

CtrlUp=16;

Gamma=1.432089;

3D_Performance=1497;

CPU_Benchmark=1497;

CtrlHeadlights=38;

HW_Type="Direct3D";

Object_Textures=256;

File_Heap=16;

Frame_Rate_Pref=500;

CtrlEngine=211;

MaxObjects=256;

volumeSpeech=3.381179;

InGameMusic=0;

CtrlDown=44;

Shadows_Visibility=457;

Shadows=1;

CtrlToggle=57;

Resolution_W=800;

Quality_Pref=500;

CtrlFastForw=18;

Landscape_Visibility=600;

CtrlStrfRight=46;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=16;

Texture_Heap=16;

CtrlForward=17;

CtrlRight=32;

CPU_Type="Intel Scalar SSE";

MaxLights=19;

Reflections=1;

CtrlBackward=31;

CtrlLeft=30;

CtrlFire=29;

Objects_Visibility=400;

Animated_Textures=128;

Sky=1;

Landscape_Textures=128;

Light_Missile=1;

Joystick_Enabled=1;

CtrlStrfLeft=45;

LOD=7.500000;

Shadows_LOD=0.050000;

Textures_Drop_Down=4;

CtrlGetInOut=28;

CtrlNightVis=49;

volumeCD=5;

volumeFX=6.983763;

Total_Memory="256 MB";

language="English";

Light_Static=1;

FrameRate=15;

VisualQuality=0.018750;

refresh=75;

Adapter="0";

You can simply add -window to the parameters in the options for the viewer.

You can simply add -window to the parameters in the options for the viewer.

This ;) This in the tutorial.

But I got this parameter already (I followed the tutorial really closely).

This ;) This in the tutorial.

Oops... I confess I didn't go through the tutorial...

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Did you try adjusting the resolution values in the cfg file, like ProfTournesol posted?

No, I didn't but I'll just leave it as it's not that important. Now I'd need these BIS Sample models - could you please upload it somewhere (just tank model) as the link is dead?

No, I didn't but I'll just leave it as it's not that important. Now I'd need these BIS Sample models - could you please upload it somewhere (just tank model) as the link is dead?

I couldn't find them either, so here's a Dropbox link with the p3d: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102863946/BISM1A1.p3d

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

By the way, it would make things easier for later if you already use the Texture Path Swap Tool on the M1A1 - that way you don't have to do it on the three other tanks each.

Thank you very much for the file. I loaded it into O2 and it's time for this:

copy the contents of the "View Cargo" LOD and paste it in the tank model (but remove everything in its View Cargo LOD first)

Could you tell me please where I can see this content of "View Cargo" in O2 and what is it actually - a list of textures or something?