Sign in to follow this  
Deus Ex

Ofp lovers + ati

If you have OFP and are looking for a new graphics card, I do NOT, i do NOT recommend getting an ATI.

Most people have problems with there ATI cards and OFP.

Go buy a geforce.

I am telling you this because I see people get ATI's and have problems with OFP, like me.

Yes yes i bought an ATi 8500 and all i have is problems with it.

So just a heads up you all you dedicated ATI buyers.

Was this supposed to be a reply to the thread with the R9700 problem? wink.gif

Yeah, unfortunately there does appear to be a problem with OFP and the 9700, for the moment, but if you really want a card that's gonna smoke ANYTHING else at least until the first part of next year, go with the 9700.

Their "official" statement is october.. That's soooo laughable and is just a ploy to get people to hold out and not go with ATI. Trust me folks, nvidia just finally got the nv30 chip taped out at the fab.. A viable card, or even close to producing a retail card is still quite a ways off.

Keep in mind, this 9700 bug I'm experiencing hasn't even been confirmed by *anyone* that it's a problem with all 9700s, or just my setup. But you seem to think there's no fix and it's a problem with all 9700s.. Just so you know, there's a review of the 9700 where the reviewer took the testbed to a LAN party and played resistance with aa on at high res.. And like I said in my real troubleshooting post I'm not even sure which drivers he was using, or his bios settings or anything else.

Interesting.. You work for BIS? You confirming it's a problem with all 9700s? You saying there's no fix it? You saying it's not gonna be fixed in the next patch? I'm thinking the answer is no on all accounts. On top of all that, you're totally off topic with this nvidiot sniveling here in the troubleshooting forum.

SPC G-Man

1st of the 123rd Infantry (Redbull) Division

I must agree to the topic starter, that the radeon 8500 has some serious issues with the OPF engine starting from version 1.60.

I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone at the moment due these issues.

Although OPF v1.75 is playable, its just amasing that BIS or ATI still havn't delivered a solution to the flashing textures.

Get and ATI, there the best cards out there. You will definatly be getting your moneys worth, it works great with OFP. Anybody who has problems with there card, its all in there head. Because there is no problems with the card.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, unfortunately there does appear to be a problem with OFP and the 9700, for the moment, but if you really want a card that's gonna smoke ANYTHING else at least until the first part of next year, go with the 9700.

Their "official" statement is october.. That's soooo laughable and is just a ploy to get people to hold out and not go with ATI. Trust me folks, nvidia just finally got the nv30 chip taped out at the fab.. A viable card, or even close to producing a retail card is still quite a ways off.

Keep in mind, this 9700 bug I'm experiencing hasn't even been confirmed by *anyone* that it's a problem with all 9700s, or just my setup. But you seem to think there's no fix and it's a problem with all 9700s.. Just so you know, there's a review of the 9700 where the reviewer took the testbed to a LAN party and played resistance with aa on at high res.. And like I said in my real troubleshooting post I'm not even sure which drivers he was using, or his bios settings or anything else.

Interesting.. You work for BIS? You confirming it's a problem with all 9700s? You saying there's no fix it? You saying it's not gonna be fixed in the next patch? I'm thinking the answer is no on all accounts. On top of all that, you're totally off topic with this nvidiot sniveling here in the troubleshooting forum.<span id='postcolor'>