Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Campaign Episode 1: SURVIVE - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

But that still doesn't make any sense. Yeah, quite obviously CSAT and AAF are allied, but NATO is leaving anyway. They're at the ass-end of a drawdown during a period of global economic and political instability. Realistically, NATO isn't going to come back just because CSAT moved in. Attacking NATO forces virtually guarantees a response. The only logical explanation for that would be if CSAT wants a Mediterranean conflict, perhaps to draw NATO forces away from the Pacific theatre, where there is already some kind of escalating conflict (NPC talk of being drafted there, etc).

Either that or it's simply a conceit of the story, to facilitate having an understrength NATO force have its ass handed to it by a virtual third-world country. Again, let's not assume that every little detail has been worked out. Though I'm willing to give BIS the benefit of the doubt on that matter, video game plots aren't exactly famous for their complexity and nuance. Perhaps this series least of all.

It's not about kicking NATO off the island, is what I'm saying. I'm saying that I bet it's about starting a war with NATO. I think that's what they want. sure, doesn't make sense that they'd want to fight, but I think that's the point. At least, that seemed to be the point of the E3 2012 story. Now, that story could have changed, but so far seems like they're sticking to it. I'm just basing this off of what they said about the story last year, because they said quite a bit about it after they revealed Stratis and Ben Kerry as the main character.

I guess we will see AAF blaming Nato forces to be responsible for the escalation on Stratis and CSAT telling that they moved in just to help and restore peace...btw was it Miller and his team landing at Camp Maxwell at the very beginning of the campaign ?

Yeah, it's specifically Miller and some other CTRG guys, meaning they either had good intel on or were suspecting an imminent AAF attack on NATO forces on the island.

Just a question, is someone still able to get through the last Maxwell mission? I started again the whole campaign after reinstalling the game, and I cannot reach the last mission anymore because of a problem in that inter-mission... Do others people have this problem?

Hm, they did fix something in yesterday's update for the campaign

Finished the campaign's first mission again, and I still have to say it's amazing. The questions left unanswered, plus the cliffhanger (that was oddly a good cliffhanger that didn't piss me off) Seriously can not wait for Episode Two! :D

Spoiler about the first mission of the second part of the campaign.

Don't tell me that you can not swim on the first mission of the second part of the campaign... I just got killed because I tried. Where is Arma's liberty?

Edit: I understand why, I took the wrong direction -_-

Edited by Papanowel

Spoiler about the first mission of the second part of the campaign.

Don't tell me that you can not swim on the first mission of the second part of the campaign... I just got killed because I tried. Where is Arma's liberty?

Maybe it would deserve its own topic, as this one is for the first episode ?

You're right Prof, I'll ask a moderator to remove my post.

I am still stuck at valley of death. How many missions til the end? And is this mission necessary to finish the campaign?

I am still stuck at valley of death. How many missions til the end? And is this mission necessary to finish the campaign?

shift + (numpad-) type (endmission) if you wanna skip

Yes, it's necessary for you to complete the mission.

And dunno how long before the end, is it the first mission since you arrived at Maxwell?

Yes, it's necessary for you to complete the mission.

And dunno how long before the end, is it the first mission since you arrived at Maxwell?

Second set of missions, along with Radio Silence and that other Mission that also takes place in Girna, where (inexplicably) Valley of Death takes place too. I've driven the daytime far enough along that now the mission takes place at dusk, and suddenly my friendly AI is -much- more competetive. No losses on the way into the village, just because there's no sunlight? I don't fuckin know.

Now that I am in the village, much easier. I've attempted the approach into the village maybe twenty or thirty times by now, between this mission and infantry, and I cannot get myself to play the COD playstyle that allowed others to get into the village in daylight (at least that's what I presume they did, because I`ve tried everything else, including swimming.).

When I played the first time the campaign, the soldiers at Camp Maxwell spoke to each other, revealing parts of the plot, in view of the second part of the campaign I replayed the first part but the soldiers at Camp Maxwell no longer speak.

Is a thing desired with the last patch, or was an isolated bug?

Thaks

When I played the first time the campaign, the soldiers at Camp Maxwell spoke to each other, revealing parts of the plot, in view of the second part of the campaign I replayed the first part but the soldiers at Camp Maxwell no longer speak.

Is a thing desired with the last patch, or was an isolated bug?

Thaks

Isolated bug. Fixed in devbranch.

You will also find some missions easier due to dynamic error calculation.

I came across a bug (Dev branch) in the underwater mission

The Save Game trigger failed to fire when exiting the sub (I think I manually exited the vehicle instead of waiting for the trigger to do it for me). As a result, the friendly AI didn't move once they disembarked.

Had to reload to resolve

Combat Life Saver in 'Blackfoot Down' and 'Death Valley' spawns without his vest and backpack. Restarting the mission brings them back.

I replayed Survive and here are a few weird things I noticed

After Maxwell gets attacked:

The Briefing for Tipping point is on the next day in the evening. That´s 20 missing hours. What did they do all day?

After you escape Stratis: You escape Startis at around 19:00, the next scene sees your guys at 5:00 with Stratis slowly disappearing behind you. Do you want to tell me that they needed 9 hours to get a few klicks away from Stratis?

Maybe it would be better to put that cutscene on Altis?

thanks for typing up a ticket. I have discussed this in the official missions forum and it seems to affect both stable and development version. Voted up

I can't finish Survive because of this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17326 Fix it, please!
thanks for typing up a ticket. I have discussed this in the official missions forum and it seems to affect both stable and development version. Voted up

it seems to be fixed in the current dev build

Definitely! Ticket set to "closed" because i was not able to set it "resolved".

Edited by danczer