Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Campaign Episode 1: SURVIVE - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

Regarding the gunship at the last mission, am I really the only one who took it out immediately after seeing it coming in for a landing every time? I had to go back and play it again just to realize it wasn't out for blood.

Also keep in mind, that heli flying around is reporting your position to AI.

I picked up a PCML (or some type of Rocket Launcher / RPG 42 Alamut????....can't remember which one) off of a dead Green Army soldier in the Military Base and while the heli was taking off after dropping off troops, I took a shot at it.....sigh!!!!!...... but I missed the heli..... I didn't wait for the lock on (noob). lol

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

I played through the entire thing with no problems! Great job gents! I even Jumped in my chair a few times it was THAT good!!! Keep up the AMAZING work.. Once again as with the very first OFP I have bought every single Title by BI and expansion and always worth every single penny! Thank you!!!!!:):):):):)

Agreed. BIS did a great job. I anxiously await the next part. I guess I will have to entertain myself with BF4's campaign for a while once it comes out. lol

Edited by rehtus777

I picked up a PCML (or some type of Rocket Launcher....can't remember which one) off of a dead Green Army soldier in the Military Base and while the heli was taking off after dropping off troops, I took a shot at it.....sigh!!!!!...... but I missed the heli..... I didn't wait for the lock on (noob). lol

You didn't miss much. The PCML isn't potent enough to take it out, just disable it. As soon as it'd line up for it's decent though is when I would hit it, that way it'd still have a way to drop. Never did explode for me though. Troops were always delivered safely.

I am enjoying the campaign so far (the way they have done certain things_. Just finished the mission with the helo crash. However I am disappointed in a few things. It appears as though some of the show cases I believe it is, are being reused in the campaign (that bothers me as it seems like they are not putting enough effort into the campaign). That is very disappointing in my view. Why is BIS reusing something I've already played???

Secondly, the team leader runs full speed through each mission making my guy not keep up unless I make him very tired by sprinting the entire mission. There is no way to get them to move carefully through the map they just sprint like mad men. So I die lots because I have no time to survey my surroundings if I sprint to keep up. Or they kill everyone before I even get to them because I try keeping my fatigue down or my fatigue is so bad I have to stop and rest.

I am disappointed so far in the mission creation in that regard. Run till your guy drops from fatigue and reusing showcases in campaign.

Very disappointed so far with a few things but happy with a few other things. Will post final thoughts when I've finished campaign.

EDITED: To fix typos from posting this from my tablet and to add a couple things to make it clearer!

Edited by lazerath
EDITED: To fix typos from posting this from my tablet and to add a couple things to make it clearer!

RESOLVED: I am running the Dev Build of ArmA 3 to try and play the new campaign that has been added to the game. When I try to run the mission I get a crazy error message that is so big it does not fit on the screen. I will post a picture.

So far I have done a complete reinstall of the game because I was getting different weird errors before, and now I can not even start the mission. I also checked the integrity of the game and all the files were good. I don't know if this will be fixed when the actual release of the campaign is out because it looks like it could be player side. I removed any mods that I had and ran the game and yet I was getting the same error. I am pretty sure its on my end of things, but I wanted to see if any one else was experiencing the same thing.

System Properties

3.4GHz Intel Core i7-2600 Quad-Core

8GB (4x2GB) RAM

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5.

500W PSU

1.5TB Hard Drive

---------- Post added at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/dYfr5CH.jpg (361 kB)

Edited by jhagge

Stop using AiA and any other weapons mod. That's what I saw in that pic. Looks like Arma 2 stuff. Am I right? Looks like anims, which might be screwing up the campaign.

Regarding the gunship at the last mission, am I really the only one who took it out immediately after seeing it coming in for a landing every time? I had to go back and play it again just to realize it wasn't out for blood.

Also keep in mind, that heli flying around is reporting your position to AI.

I took it out... well, disabled it and then killed the pilot and gunner.

yeah I uninstalled AiA I turned off the expansions associated with it, but still I am getting this error. I have one other weapons mod that I will uninstall real quick.

yeah I uninstalled AiA I turned off the expansions associated with it, but still I am getting this error. I have one other weapons mod that I will uninstall real quick.

Can tell you right now that whatever you have, its from Arma 2.

I uninstalled NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3, but to no avail still. The only other mods I have are:

@ACRE

@CBA_A3

@JayArmA3Lib

@JS_JC_FA18

@Mcc_sandbox

@nimitz

@St_acre_volume_a3

I don't think it is the Nimits or F/A-18's because my friend has the same mods and runs the campaign fine.

I have two keys in my bikey folder:

A3.bikey

mas.bikey

these are the only ones in the keys folder.

---------- Post added at 04:40 ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 ----------

Should I reinstall my AiA because I'm thinking that it has to do with that. This specific error started happening after I reinstalled my game.

Edited by jhagge

Remove all mods.

Once you get the campaign working, begin adding them back one at a time. Although mods may cause unforeseen issues including breaking various sections making it impossible to finish.

Even with mods physically removed, consider removing your profile/arma config to return all settings to default.

It might be better for people like yourself, who want to keep their mods installed to wait until the official release. At that point you can expect a majority of mods to get compatibility updates.

All mods are removed from the ArmA 3 directory yet in game it is showing my CBA in the expansions, idk if this has to do with it. I do see that the caweapeons3 has to do with CBA, but that was a thing in arma 2. Every time I disable it from the expansions it come back i assume that this is because it comes with the game.

---------- Post added at 05:15 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

UPDATE: I changed the ArmA 3 profile and I was able to start the campaign so it has to do with the previous profile how would I set my main to the default settings?

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

UPDATE: Issue Resolved (thank you every one who helped :) )

I'm stuck in the 2nd mission Situation Normal. Adams dies to an AP mine and after making my way to the survivors nothing happens. I've tried avoiding the squad of AAF at the end of the forest as well as engaging them, the BLU survivors won't interact with me either way.

You have to revert/restart the mission as the savegame contains the addon references.

That would be the easy way to do it lol. I copied all of my player profile than deleted it. Then I made a new profile pasting the old profiles info (settings/preferences). Then I reinstalled all of my mods. Only if you posted earlier .kju 

First 2 missions are good, but the 3rd mission won't load up for me. It goes to the Camp Maxwell loading screen, and never stops loading. Both the loading bars fill up but the game never opens. The game doesn't crash either, I can still ALT+Tab out and check my task manager, it says the game is running. If there is a solution to this could we possibly get that mentioned as an edit in one of the posts on the first page? I don't seem the be the only one having this issue.

I have the same problem. With and without mods...

Edit: Maybe there is some loading issue with the loadout of the soldier? Cause I used the 5.56mm rifle from the AAF because I had nearly no ammo after an intense firefight.

Edit2: Ok thats not the problem. Tested it.

Edited by Onto

This has probably already been reported but

1: Drawdown 2035

- Voice of commander at Rogain is really quiet (like the problem we used to have with the firing drills). I'm using 5.1

- When Kamino comes under attack I used my binos to see what was going on. To my dismay it looks like all units are set to invincible as I watched a firefight take place between two opposing units at a distance of 2m -they just kept emptying magazines into each other and doing that flinch thing. I can understand why BIS would do this - to make the battle look bigger than it actually is without having a thousand units taxing the CPU but just a detail thing that bothered me.

2: Situation Normal

- As per the name :D:p

3: Maxwell

- Same directional sound issue from the CO in the opening sequence.

- Oooh -British insignia uniforms looking fricking gangsta!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Strategic map launched by the whiteboard map is a cool idea and works well

- During Miller's briefing his mouth isn't moving.

- Custom Kerry Backpack is awesome with nametag, zipties and carabiners

- When approaching the armory I would expect the armorer to talk but oh well.

Overall: Pretty damn sweet - who ever said you can't create an atmospheric, crafted SP experience with this engine... it just takes a lot of effort and knowhow, but the campaign seems to really play to the strengths of the engine - i.e. large open world terrain with stuff happening off in the distance. Pretty cool. I'm grateful that BIS released the game ahead of the campaign but I think its been slammed in the gaming media because of this, but hey that's what a great company that cares about their customers and not the press does. Luckily PC Gamer saw that.

Edited by sproyd

I see a lot of people complaining about quiet dialogs. The problem is that you are using surround sound. The games surround sound is bugged so only front left and front right channel is audible, everything else disappears. The solution is to set your audio to 2.0 (stereo) in your audio card or windows settings until Bohemia fixes this bug. Wierd that nobody mentioned this or figured it out on their own? Such an easy fix...

Edited by Brisse

Tasked to identify the HVT after securing the village. Either I cant find him or a trigger isn't triggering. All the corpses are fully kitted out whereas the Intel pic had the guy in a black beret. Bug or me being a doofus? **EDIT"" found a corpse behind a tree. me being a doofus **

Only other bugs I've come across so far are;

1) Voice audio volume varies from loud to inaudible. I have standard stereo speakers.

2) On 1st missions when you are on the run with your sergeant and he steps on a mine, I took his better weapon ;) and ammo but couldn't load the ammo. Reloading the save allowed me to load the weapon.

3) AI calling "I'm out" al the time when there are many enemy corpses loaded with weapons and ammo all over. they should cannibalise available weapons.

Awesome so far guys!

Edited by coolts

Tasked to identify the HVT after securing the village. Either I cant find him or a trigger isn't triggering. All the corpses are fully kitted out whereas the Intel pic had the guy in a black beret. Bug or me being a doofus?

Only other bugs I've come across so far are;

1) Voice audio volume varies from loud to inaudible. I have standard stereo speakers.

2) On 1st missions when you are on the run with your sergeant and he steps on a mine, I took his better weapon ;) and ammo but couldn't load the ammo. Reloading the save allowed me to load the weapon.

Awesome so far guys!

The HVT is in a backyard in the center of the village. He is wearing a cap instead of a helmet.

Im dissapointed, cause the campaign felt like a low budget version (besides the good voiceacting) of popular arcade games like COD. So run and gun in rather short missions with a small scale and without much tactic (in the Crysis-Campaign i had much more of that for example).

Gameplaywise I expected, that the campaign would use the potential of what makes Arma different to other games, so the scale, complexity and the fact its a (semi-) sim.

Most times you just run/drive a few hundred meters and kill some smaller and one bigger group of enemys in close ranges, where your side and the enemys dont use much tactic (I just remember one order to flank the enemy and was disapointed that the enemys didnt suprised me in any way) and without doing much then shoot and any special events.

The endmission felt rather shallow in comparsion to a mission i did, by just make a team and put multiple cas-teams in the big city on stratis, where in the campaignmission you shoot a few enemys and then get ordered to leave.

The showcases showed more of the potential.

Still, the appeal of the big environment is rather low in compasion to the fight ins the villages in arma3 and other games, cause the distant environment is so undetailed and its easy to see enemys even at high ranges and I know that the clutter, grass and shadows dont exist for people aiming at me. But you probably would need a 4 times higher resolution with ultra AA, FXAA and AF, besides shadows and grass till 2-3km.

Overall I cant see anything that is A unique and B at the same time well executed in Arma 3, besides Infantry-movement/shootung in a sim-way.

EDIT: Please implent something like Bensons Textures for Arma 3, at least till there is a better solution like Nordkindchens.

Edited by wiresnsnakes

I see a lot of people complaining about quiet dialogs. The problem is that you are using surround sound. The games surround sound is bugged so only front left and front right channel is audible, everything else disappears. The solution is to set your audio to 2.0 (stereo) in your audio card or windows settings untill Bohemia fixes this bug. Wierd that nobody mentioned this or figured it out on their own? Such an easy fix...

Not a fix my friend but a workaround, if you position yourself just right you can hear them but all too often miss the dialog due to this problem.

How can I reset the whole campaign without deleting my profile completely?

If you want to play it on the same profile. Select the first mission and hit "Revert".

If you want to keep the progress on the current profile, you can create a new profile and start over on that one.

Not a fix my friend but a workaround, if you position yourself just right you can hear them but all too often miss the dialog due to this problem.

Thats what I meant :)

There is no reason though to not set your sound settings to 2.0 becouse it's not only the dialog that is affected but EVERYTHING. If the enemy is firing at you and he is at your twelve then you hear nothing. Same if he is behind you. Only left and right channel work in the game at the moment so everyone that has their system set to surround will have a lot of sounds muted depending on where they are in 3D-space. Game is basically unplayable unless you set your system to 2.0 sound.

I see a lot of people complaining about quiet dialogs.

Indeed, audio levels are perfectly fine in stereo (2.1)

Nice ride so far for my first 4 missions. You'd wonder what the campaign would have been without the sun shaft : it looks like the first 3 missions were designed around them specifically !

but :

DEATH VALLEY is just a copy paste of the infantry showcase! Cm'on it's so obvious. Even the spotters are in the same place. That's a big no no.