Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Campaign Episode 1: SURVIVE - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

The only complaint so far: hints and tips should automatically be displayed. "hit 0-8" can confuse new players.

Yeah, I agree with this. I forgot to point it out myself. It just doesn't make sense, I can't understand why they decided to do this.

Wow, playing second mission so far, just wow! Only few official campaigns did hook me in to it, since ofp times, survive is now one of then! ;)

Noticed small bug at first mission, when me and comerad, after approaching destroyed hunter, and him doing first aid to injured officer, if im dying and loading the safe game, the crater from the ground near hunter dissapers.

And trigger for AID have too small radius(?).

Some problem with sound of mens voice. It is quiet.

One thing that really annoys me: In Camp Maxwell, I rearm, picking up stuff I want to use, and once I start the mission, I got completely new gear. I wonder what's the point in letting you rearm before you start a mission, and then take it all away again. It doesn't make sense and really urinated me off.

For example, I got a weapon with remote optics and start "Death Valley", and since the mission insist on not handing out remote optics (no one has them), it gives me a red dot. Why ? Because it fits the way you think the mission should be played ? If you insist on me having a specific weapon/optic, don't give me the illusion of choice. Just tell me "Here's your loadout", and that's it.

I can understand that the underwater insertion requires you to get a rebreather, but anything else is nonsense.

One thing that really annoys me: In Camp Maxwell, I rearm, picking up stuff I want to use, and once I start the mission, I got completely new gear. I wonder what's the point in letting you rearm before you start a mission, and then take it all away again. It doesn't make sense and really urinated me off.

For example, I got a weapon with remote optics and start "Death Valley", and since the mission insist on not handing out remote optics (no one has them), it gives me a red dot. Why ? Because it fits the way you think the mission should be played ? If you insist on me having a specific weapon/optic, don't give me the illusion of choice. Just tell me "Here's your loadout", and that's it.

They actually warn you for this. You can rearm after picking the mission though, then it works fine.

From todays update:

24-10-2013

EXE rev. 111518

Size: ~326 MB

Added: Campaign episode “Surviveâ€

Please consider carefully whether you’d like to test this version here now - or would rather wait for the release on Oct 31.

There are known issues related to weapon persistence while progressing through the episode. We are mostly interested in issues related to progression at this stage (e.g. getting stuck entirely).

Known issue: inconsistencies between (English) subtitles and voice-overs

Added: 3 new music “Survive†tracks

Fixed: Missing tasks for clients Joined In Progress with disabled AI in Headhunters and both Escape missions

Fixed: Duplicated class names in music selection list

Added: New UI icon for DMS optics

Fixed: Repair icon position

AI turret control improved

Save / Load while reloading doesn't break the game anymore. Older saves might not work correctly

For those that are having issues with the UAV in Death Valley, make sure you pick up the UAV terminal from the dead guy and put it in your GPS slot.

Wet Work mission small bug:

Lt. James isn't wearing diving goggles when he is under water.

Edited by stun

Bad things:

- 1/3 of the campaign and still we are not the team leader.

- For now it is too filmic, linear. I really miss long missions, plenty of tasks. Even the ones with some "research" like was "Razor Two".

I disagree here:

It's good not to always be the leader - remind good old CWC time.

I prefer this movie-like kind of campaign/mission.

I kinda agree with you - multiple objectives missions CAN be good.

I disagree about the long search missions like Razor 2 or Manhattan from ArmA 2 which were really annoying.

To me, it's the best ArmA campaign so far - as good as OFP:CWC.

Keep up the good work like this BI!

Please make part 2 and 3 as good as part 1.

Just finished the campaign and had 0 issues. At one point I though I lost my campaign progress, but I just had to esc back to the campaign menu.

Miller's character/voice is good.

I sorta wished for a bigger force at Mike 2-6 and a little more misc. objects scattered around.

Was charlie lead afro-american? You killed the black guy BI, come on :P

All in all, good job guys.

I'm loving it. Just dled it and the voice acting is good, the story is good.

Bravo BIS.

Every time I get in the forest with Adams it goes black and then takes me back to the campaign menu and I cannot continue/revert/replay. I can only go back and forth to the menu to have to do it all over again. I have done it three times now and its annoying me more because its removing the save info it seems.

...Had to make an account just for this.

the campaign is good overall, a few thoughts:

I think the last mission is a bit awkward. the enemy attackchopper casually circling above, dropping off troops on the radiotower hill, acting as if it wasn't a combat situation. and the paratroopers (just before the boats) are deployed too close, too exposed.

the campaign is good overall, a few thoughts:

I think the last mission is a bit awkward. the enemy attackchopper casually circling above, dropping off troops on the radiotower hill, acting as if it wasn't a combat situation. and the paratroopers (just before the boats) are deployed too close, too exposed.

Yeah, I took it down easily lol.

well done! i never liked to play campaigns, but found this to be great so far

only issue so far,

in the beginning when mckennon's (sp) vehicle rolls over and he's lying in the street; your passenger tells you to stop, if you stop too soon (before going over the crest of the hill), it will eject you from the vehicle when you're stopped, but not close enough to the trigger to move on with the cpr scene, the other guy just stands there.

Only thing I've got is a question: Why does every mission have to go through the forest? Kerry complains about it, and I do to lol. No real issues, and I'm with Wiki. I prefer more movie-like, performance-captured campaigns in games. It's more life-life IMO. Sure, you can tone down unrealistic stories. But performance-captured gameplay for NPCs is what I like, and the only thing I really liked about the Modern Warfare campaigns (no cutscenes, everything in-game). I think BIS should take after that.

In the opening mission we go through the checkpoint and see a destroyed vehicle and exit our own, radio chatter says 'We lost contact with Kamino, can you confirm', the AI passenger remains motionless in the road. No clue what I do next but I assume something scripted never happened.

In the opening mission we go through the checkpoint and see a destroyed vehicle and exit our own, radio chatter says 'We lost contact with Kamino, can you confirm', the AI passenger remains motionless in the road. No clue what I do next but I assume something scripted never happened.

drive up closer to the vehicle. someone else said if you're not close enough your AI leader won't do anything.

Im through it in about 3 hours and i can say, very well done, enjoyed it! I love the color corrections, the graphics look much better with them. Cant wait for Episode 2 & 3!

I reloaded from the last checkpoint and it worked.

Played on until I met some survivors and we were moving through the forest to the south, got killed by the depressingly unrealistic AI and now I'm off to bed. So far, so good, shame the AI is bullshit.

First 2 missions have been quite enjoyable, but I've hit a wall.

When trying to load up part 3 'Maxwell', The game seems to hang up on the loading screens. The bars will fill and the game seems to have finished loading, but it just sticks around on the loading screen forever. ARMA doesn't seem to be crashing or freezing, as Task Manager status indicates Running and I can ALT-TAB in and out just fine, It just won't ever continue past that loading screen.

Not sure whether it's just an issue with my PC or if others have had the issue, but I thought I'd bring it up anyhow.

Played thru to like 5th episode campaign played to this point without a hitch just love what u have done it's no CWC but is definatly a step in the right direction vs A1, A2, A2-OA campaigns i barely played an nvr played all the way thru, this one i definatly am gonna play thru. GJ BIS!!! Was worth the wait!!

Now my issue is whenever I place the explosive charge on or near the blackfoot and move the combat life saver just stays like 10 meters to it, and is glitched on it. Will restart and hopefully won't happen again.

First 2 missions have been quite enjoyable, but I've hit a wall.

When trying to load up part 3 'Maxwell', The game seems to hang up on the loading screens. The bars will fill and the game seems to have finished loading, but it just sticks around on the loading screen forever. ARMA doesn't seem to be crashing or freezing, as Task Manager status indicates Running and I can ALT-TAB in and out just fine, It just won't ever continue past that loading screen.

Not sure whether it's just an issue with my PC or if others have had the issue, but I thought I'd bring it up anyhow.

same here. after arma 2 i can't believe it but i actually wanna know what happens and keep on playing :p