Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Campaign Episode 1: SURVIVE - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

One of the things bugging me:

Character is a CPL, yet all the voice acting calls him Sgt... am I Missing something?

You're running around with a Staff Sergeant Adams. That's the one they're referring to.

Really nice first mission... But on my first run through, I ran into my first bug, a trigger didn't trigger when you're supposed to get out from hemtt. Had to reload and try again, and it worked. Probably need to stop closer to the trigger. Earlier play I stopped a bit further.

Now the good part, I scavenge enemies rifle and vest, got into 2nd mission and I started with whatever gear I had on my person before, very cool... I didn't count the mags and ammo though... probably a heads up to others... check your ammo/mags in your inventory before first mission finished, and check again at the beginning of the 2nd mission, do they tally?

Well, first impression is really great. VO is great, the gfx seems 'better' probably a mission specific post processing effect? the mission got that particular 'one more turn' feeling... or 'one more mission' is probably appropriate here :D

Good job BIS... now I need to call in sick... :p

Oh, and agree about the direct chat voice over is too quiet... you need to really kiss them (stand in front of the mouth very closely) to properly listen to whatever they're saying...

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Loving the music and atmosphere on the whole so far, especially in mission 2. :)

Dialogue is good aswell. A pleasent surprise.

oh yeah, kinda got a dejavu at survive intro.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

maybe you should just wait untill october 31'th, before you rage some more?

Uh... the whole point of this early release is for people like him to play it before October 31th and then detect possible bugs and problems. I think he is doing it exactly that.

I have the exact same issues as others right now, after being taking out of a cutscene i was not able to walk. I restarted and now have to begin from the start off the campaign again, rather dissapointing.

Why are we not able to decide which mission to play like in Arma 2?

Yup, nice voice overs. Good job on that.

I noticed the leader in the first two missions (haven't played more), the leader doesn't move his lips when speaking.

Really nice first mission... But on my first run through, I ran into my first bug, a trigger didn't trigger when you're supposed to get out from hemtt. Had to reload and try again, and it worked. Probably need to stop closer to the trigger. Earlier play I stopped a bit further.

Now the good part, I scavenge enemies rifle and vest, got into 2nd mission and I started with whatever gear I had on my person before, very cool... I didn't count the mags and ammo though... probably a heads up to others... check your ammo/mags in your inventory before first mission finished, and check again at the beginning of the 2nd mission, do they tally?

Well, first impression is really great. VO is great, the gfx seems 'better' probably a mission specific post processing effect? the mission got that particular 'one more turn' feeling... or 'one more mission' is probably appropriate here :D

Good job BIS... now I need to call in sick... :p

Oh, and agree about the direct chat voice over is too quiet... you need to really kiss them (stand in front of the mouth very closely) to properly listen to whatever they're saying...

There is a temporary workaround for the trigger not triggering; just get closer to the body before getting out of the hemtt.

Regarding the graphics, the game looks a lot better with the color correction effect. This should be the standard in most missions in my opinion.

Oh and yeah, you need to french kiss them to hear the dialogs. Let's hope for a fix :rolleyes:

Just finished second mission.

Awesome atmosphere, music and voice acting. Very interesting story aswell :D

Only things so far:

-Directional conversations are not loud enough.

-I also got stuck in the first mission where you have to get out of the truck and the second guy runs towards the dead body to revive him, only problem is he stops running at about 20m away from the truck, from there on all conversations stop and only way to fix it is to save the game and reload. I probably stopped the truck too early, but the guy told me to stop (before we even had eyes on the crashed vehicle).

Yeah the VA until now has been very good. I also like that the enemy count is reasonable :D

First impressions are really good, nice voice acting and production quality.

Something I found though - I had some issues starting the campaign originally. It was crashing out every time I clicked on 'survive'. I found that the problem was that I'd made a custom campaign folder to use a player made one - once I deleted this it seemed to fix the issue.

Just started and died on the third mission, amazing job guys! KUDOS!

Not any major bug so far, share the thoughts about the VA (really nice!) and their "lack of 3D space".

As I play notes:

Nice "Welcome Screen" with short topics and explanations.

*Disables all mods*

Nice "Comming soon" thing on campaign menu.

A video!

This start scene on a high end machine must be something....

"Why we are stuck with them?" UK, lol. Hints at Pacific theater?

Advisor thing is nice, could be a little more obvious on the first time it appears because there is a lot going on on the screen. Late edit: Or could be just a coincende here as many things were happening at that time.

Real time distant sound effects missing in Kamino :j:

The not real time distant sounds are cool.

*lowers music volume*

"A forest? Are you serious?" Ah..... Already? :)

End of mission 1

Quotes, always nice.

After Montinagc flashbacks!

Even with GPS, showing the player position on the map takes away some tension.... ah nevermind, difficult settings were reset to Regular.

These AIs not trying to kill me...

Bug: Minor; Slow advance on the "Survivor RV" because "Area is not clear". (as reported by someone else)

End of mission 2.

Hmm.. Nice start, must be hell to place all those items on a 2D editor huh? :D

Miller head is black once I'm near to him.

Strategic map, nice!

Backpack with flag and Kerry's name. Sadly, just a custom object.

Put mines, SL died (is that supose to happen anyway?). Now I'm dead.

Well, gonna start again later but playing in portuguese to see if I find something out of place.

First impressions so far:

+ Great atmosphere (stuff happening around you, music, voice acting)

- Dunno if it's just me and my playstyle, but i find the gameplay a bit restrictive. Everything you do that the game doesnt want you to do results in the mission failing. I get the realism aspect behind this (disobeying orders etc.) but i would love if the game was a bit more open towards exploration or solving missions in unusual ways. I mean i'd love to just join the fight around Kamino just for the fun of it, or go around Stratis observing the fights all over the island.

Superlinear gameplay is what has always kept me away from BF3 or COD campaigns, i just can't stand "You are leaving the zone, return now or be shot" messages.

I could be the only one complaining about this, and i've only played 2 missions, so maybe this will change in later missions and in the end that is pretty much all i have to complain about so far.

I am stuck on the blackfoot mission. I left explosive charges at the base, can't find any dead bodies with explosives, and getting gear from the previous mission is impossible aswell. What do?

i must say, now i understand more, all the dissapointed people, because the campaign was not at release. Arma opens up on a new level to me with current campaign. All the dialogues, music, missions sticked together. I think there could be leeser rage at release, if atleast first episode was in there. really really great job BIS!

Hey guys,

I can't start the first episode: For me in the campaign menu it says: east wind - survive - coming soon (greyed out).

I am on dev build 1.05.111518 and did already verify my files via steam. Anyone having the same issue (or even a tipp)?

-Solved by clicking the small arrow.-

Edited by Nyx

Currently after Wetwork and Death Valley mission. Didn't notice anything wrong so far. Pleasantly surprised with the campaign :). Good work, although some more casual conversations would be nice in Camp Maxwell :).

I am stuck on the blackfoot mission. I left explosive charges at the base, can't find any dead bodies with explosives, and getting gear from the previous mission is impossible aswell. What do?

you could try to run back to the base, it's not that farm and pick one, there is a quad bike near armory, so you could drive back more quickly.

I liked what i was able to play, i made it to the second mission but it didn't save and i don't have time to play until next week =(

Currently after Wetwork and Death Valley mission. Didn't notice anything wrong so far. Pleasantly surprised with the campaign :). Good work, although some more casual conversations would be nice in Camp Maxwell :).

there is, just walk around group of people in camp, you hear random coversations then.

Hm, is it only me or you really need to play through the whole episode at one time ?

Because I think I was killed by an AP mine, then when I tried to load the game some script errors popped up and when I returned to the main menu I was unable to continue with the campaign and the only option was to start over.

Hm, is it only me or you really need to play through the whole episode at one time ?

Because I think I was killed by an AP mine, then when I tried to load the game some script errors popped up and when I returned to the main menu I was unable to continue with the campaign and the only option was to start over.

It works for me, in the campaign menu you can click on the arrow before "survive", it will list all the missions you unlocked below and you can resume/revert them.

It works for me, in the campaign menu you can click on the arrow before "survive", it will list all the missions you unlocked below and you can resume/revert them.

Thanks, that was my problem as well.

First, nice campaign guys! It is really awesome :)

I have finished the first two missions and when I try to load the third mission "Maxwell" the game doesn't proceed after the loading screen. The game finishes loading but I'm stucked in the loading screen. The game is not frozen.

Excellent so far. Great work, BIS. I'm at Camp Maxwell with the British...... only bugs I see are because I have mods added to the game.....that is to be expected. The CTAB Mod and the WW_AICover are throwing some errors, but other than that it works fine.