Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Campaign Episode 1: SURVIVE - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the first campaign episode, which has been deployed in today's dev branch update.

Avoid spoilers wherever possible! If posting them is unavoidable for some reason (e.g. context for feedback) please place them in spoiler tags.

Edited by MadDogX

Is it out un dev branch?

Yes, according to the changelog. (Haven't tested it myself though. Downloading as I type this.)

Looking very nice so far (in 2nd mission now)! Getting some resistance vibes also from transfering weapons. :)

Try to keep it to the campaign/mission feedback...

^^ This.

Deleted some posts. Any further attempts to derail the thread will not be tolerated.

Hum i had problem of sound with voice at the briefing in a moment of campaign.

Voices had so less sound ... and i must read the text... problem of 5.1 in this first version ?

I can't even play it. I go to Campaign mode then as soon as I click anywhere I get CTD :(

Looking very nice so far (in 2nd mission now)! Getting some resistance vibes also from transfering weapons. :)

;)

:)

Wow, playing second mission so far, just wow! Only few official campaigns did hook me in to it, since ofp times, survive is now one of then! ;)

Noticed small bug at first mission, when me and comerad, after approaching destroyed hunter, and him doing first aid to injured officer, if im dying and loading the safe game, the crater from the ground near hunter dissapers.

Edited by NeuroFunker

Ok now im pissed... I reached the second mission, saved the game and closed to desktop. Took my dog out for shit, came back and had to start the whole campaign from the scratch.. WHY isn't mission progress being saved hereeeee????

;)
:)

oh yeah, kinda got a dejavu at survive intro.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Ok now im pissed... I reached the second mission, saved the game and closed to desktop. Took my dog out for shit, came back and had to start the whole campaign from the scratch.. WHY isn't mission progress being saved hereeeee????

maybe you should just wait untill october 31'th, before you rage some more?

I love it! Staying always in first person is so immersive! The music, the atmosphere, the voice acting, amazing job. I've only had one problem though: direct voices are very very quiet, I'm struggling to hear what they say. Using Razer Surround.

oh yeah, kinda got a dejavu at survive intro.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

maybe you should just wait untill october 31'th, before you rage some more?

Did I miss something or did they state you can't save your mission progress? wow

How is performance? Im not at home so I can't test right now :)

very well, on stratis it can't be bad :p

I just checked, and it saved alright for me

Waypoints need to be more clear colored. It's pretty hard to see that green almost transparent waypoint so you have to watch elsewhere to see where you need to go. This is certainly a thing that will bug some people and even confuse.

Also please fix the direct chat sound issue. You can't hear anything if you're watching derectly at the speaker.

I love it! Staying always in first person is so immersive! The music, the atmosphere, the voice acting, amazing job. I've only had one problem though: direct voices are very very quiet, I'm struggling to hear what they say. Using Razer Surround.

Yup same here. Some of NATO guys at the deco camps have some interesting dialogue. Approach them and and stick around until they finish their conversations.

Heavy hints towards the Pacific Conflict

In the second mission:

After linking up with Bravo at the old military outpost, the player joins their squad. This causes the player to announce any live enemy forces he may have spotted previously, which apparently results in the squad going into combat mode before moving on to the RV with Miller.

Not sure if this is intentional, but it makes them move there painfully slowly, due to the whole bounding overwatch thing. :(

EDIT: Followup...

Soon after moving into the forest, the squad leader announces "all clear", then suddenly he's on the radio talking to Miller about how we supposedly ran into a patrol. (Never happened.)

Presumably this is to do with the squad going into combat mode prematurely.

EDIT 2: Yup, the patrol appears later; dialogue came too early. I guess it's triggered by the squad going into and coming back out of combat mode. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

Waypoints need to be more clear colored. It's pretty hard to see that green almost transparent waypoint so you have to watch elsewhere to see where you need to go.

Default WP color is white, you can change its color to anything you like in the Settings.

One of the things bugging me:

Character is a CPL, yet all the voice acting calls him Sgt... am I Missing something?

MadDog, I had the samething happen to me, along with them going off and shooting at patrols i managed to sneak past. Very annoying waste of ~20 minutes worth of firefights before even heading off to RV Bravo

Oh BIS, I'm a passionate hater of that US movie like "I'm soooo cool" blahblah in every sentence. Some more old Europe seriousness please :D However, at least it looks well presented... Have only played like 20 Minutes.