Axek/Axyl

Automated After Action Report Generator

Can we get this to function on stratis as well.

It does function on Stratis, but I haven't made a version of the aarShow mission for that island. (It really is just a case of changing the mission's island to Stratis and making sure that your spawn location isn't of the grid.)

For the web based stuff - yeah, but no one's cut up the tiles yet.

A member just told me of your little project. Gruppe W from Germany is quite intestered in your effort. Keep it up if you have the time :)

Just tested, and it seems to work nicely! But is the web interface already released? I'd love to try that, that's what has the most potential in this nifty tool I think.

Hey, just tested it. I did get the lines of movement and such and combat reports. But no icons of those on the map and ofc any news on the web interface?

The web interface isn't out yet, but it's coming.

Here's an example of what's working now...

mV84fS2l.png

Units that are firing are drawn solid, others are transparent.

The little red lines are units that fired in the last ten seconds and an example direction of their fire.

Black dots are dead units.

Our group is anxious to get our hands on this baby. This will add a whole new level to our missions and training.

Looks great!

Does the data gathering affect performance?

I'm with Bumgie on that performance thing - if it affects it then by how many FPS on the server? I know my team would really like to have this mod running as we now live stream our training and missions and like to go over our AAR's in detail.

You can try the existing release to see how that impacts performance, but either way, it has does have an impact because it's script that's running when any unit hits or fires along with overall position data taken every n seconds. (Currently on ten seconds in my tests.) The script (and external dll) are both pretty brief...current source code is on my website (for the released version).

Note that this can run on any client or server, it doesn't have to be the game server...so it could run on a HC.

For the tracking of projectiles, I'm only grabbing the direction of the bullet as you fire and storing that last angle for every data update. Not doing any average calculations, arcs etc. Though I'd like to try that out later.

In the end though, you'll only know if you try it out.

We're running a slightly large coop mission tomorrow night, with arguably 80 units to be tracked at any one time, so it'll be interesting to see, because this will be the first time with the projectile angles being stored.

In the meantime, here's a recorded AAR from just throwing a few AI squads together...though I played too.

http://combatteambravo.com/aar/massaar/sample/#zoom=5&lat=-163.4375&lng=70.484375&position=0

Hi Axek,

And thank you for such an interesting addon, it looks absolutely gorgeous and immensely useful.

Any news on the progress?

How did the test with the large (80+) coop mission go?

What's with the webinterface? Will it be available soon?

Very interested in deploying this on our squad as well, so let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Edited by rickydrier

Hey Mate,

Thanks for the post.

It's coming along. Haven't had any hiccups with any player numbers, though now we're playing on different maps - I've yet to grab tiles for each of those.

The web interface code is really a prototype and needs to be written well...plus made map agnostic...to get it out there. (It's also centric to West human players)

If you'd really like to run the prototype code, then get in touch through a PM?

Absolutely, will do.

Also, let me know how I can help. Not really proficient with coding, but I definitely could help making set of tiles for the different maps or anything that could help you save time.

Cheers,

Excellent tool, thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

Hey All,

I've put up the prototype of my next AAR based system - the one that produces web based reports and tracks all movement/firing on the map.

Instructions and download links are here.

Source code is also on that site if you're interested in the various parts.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers.

Edited by Axek

Played our first mission on a map besides Altis last night. (Sangin, using Kushluk's DICE mission.)

Click on the image below to go to the live AAR.

4Nq03mY.png

The AAR recording was also done from the server, rather than from any connected client. No server frame rate drop was noticeable, but we didn't have a big load running either. (It's a Friday night, most of us have better things to do.)

All the downloads on the website will let you run the same as this.

From the web site point of view, I'm trying to avoid requiring PHP, .Net or Java, so there's no dynamic server code. So currently there's one HTML file per map, but I'll fix that up once I rearrange my javascript logic.

Very impressed with your work Axek! This is really awesome. I would like to create some high res maps for the missions we play in our unit.

Are you able to give a few hints on how you cut up the maps? I exported Stratis to an emf file and loaded it into Maptiler and converted it using the 'raster' option. But the size doesn't seem to be correct.

What options do you use in MapTiler and how do you know the coordinates to specify in the settings.js file for the map?

Looks good Inexus.

Did you update the tool to create those mission links on the fly? Might be better to call them in from a separate javascript file? That way you don't have to keep re-writing every file each time there's a new mission?

I've got some fixes coming for my version too, that covers better unit symbols and support for the various sides.

Awesome! I hope you will share it one day.

I ran into an issue with using maptiler when the size of the original size is not 6000x6000 but say 10000x10000. I thought I had figured out how to calculate a factor but it is as if it isn't completely linear. Really annoying when I try to map the Arma unit coordinates to the map coordinates.

I had a look yesterday at the raw file generated. I can see there are a lot of extra stuff there that doesn't seem to go into the json files you generate from it. If you look at the two missions you can see that for instance an enemy car is rendered as a blue side car. I need to look more into this. I was thinking what else there is in that raw file worth extracting and rendering :)

I haven't started on the creation of missions on the fly yet but hope to get time for it soon.

Hey Axek, inexus,

I'm having some issues with markers being offset when I try and use the Leaflet AAR viewer with my own tiles. I've had a crack at fiddling the scripting in both the MAAS viewer v0.3 (here) and with the code inexus posted (here). In each case the scaling's off but fixable, but I have no idea how to fix the offset (the map appears too far south, relative to the markers).

I explored customising the projection using proj4js, but I'm pretty sure that's a dead-end unless I go and adjust the marker placement too - and that's what I want to avoid. I also thought it might be because the Altis map is wider than it is tall (I left some rows out) after reading some things about Leaflet disliking non-square maps, but I have the same issue with my Chernarus tile set, which is square.

Can either of you think of anything obvious I'm missing? I'm sure it can't be that difficult to include a global offset for each tile set - at least I hope not, because the bottom-left extent of my Altis set isn't at 000000.

Hey 10T I'm having exactly the same issue with Leaflet, setting the map size is tricky. For example Axek has set Altis to:

"width": 30718, "height": 32769 in his configs for Altis, yet the original raster image you (10T) made was 30721 x 30720. I'd love to know how this maxX and Y was calculated!

Hey Guys,

I can't remember off hand what I did there, but I know it was accurate. :) I think the raster did have a buffer or something at one end. I'll try and have a think about it.