ghandolhagen

Forcing ai to full auto?

Hi all, I did some searching and found an arma2 thread that lists the issue but doesn't offer a solution. Now I am trying to do it for Arma3. How do I force the AI to fire in full auto? I have tried various things (i.e, fireSelect, fireMode, rateOfFire...) attempting to brute force a code hint from the editor to no avail. There has to be a way. any ideas?

I wonder why that didn't come up in my search I should be more thorough. Thanks for the link! :D In practice it works about 50% of the time. The AI still seems to be deciding when and when not to go full auto but at least they do occasionally which is cool. The whole reason I want the AI (Blufor) specifically to go full auto is to try to counteract the fact that Independent forces they are fighting can take 2 head shots and a bazillion body shots before they drop and are far more accurate? Even with skill set to zero and blufor set to max.. Meanwhile if blufor even gets winged they are down for the count. Not sure why it is off balance like that.

• Like 1

AI commands still got me puzzled from time to time.

It seems that the so called "AI brains" still override most of these commands for whatever reason.

You need to issue a whole bunch of commands, disableAI amongst other stuff just to make one soldier look through his binocs all the time.

_unit selectWeapon binocular _unit

just isn't enough, the AI will switch back to its main weapon depending on a variety of factors (which you have to disable or circumvent by sacrificing a variety of norse maidens and marking all doors of your house with blood from an unladen swallow).

This will probably never change.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 10/24/2013 at 4:14 PM, Kunsa said:

Have a look at this command.

read the code snippet down the bottom that Killzone_Kid wrote to change to full auto

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forceWeaponFire

Hello. i came here to see how i can change Ai fire mode and came across this link. I took a look at the codes:

_weapon = currentWeapon player;

_ammo = player ammo _weapon

; player setAmmo [_weapon, 0];

player forceWeaponFire [_weapon, "FullAuto"];

player setAmmo [_weapon, _ammo];

By the way im new to scripting, and i copied these and pasted them on a unit, but nothing seems to work. Im sure i did it wrong. 

I know these codes have perameters that should be changed, but i dont know what to put in them. 

Could you use this code and give me an example?

12 hours ago, SHADOW_F said:

but nothing seems to work

Your code is targeting the player unit, not the AI unit into which you are placing the code.

_weapon = currentWeapon this;
_ammo = this ammo _weapon;
this setAmmo [_weapon, 0];
this forceWeaponFire [_weapon, "FullAuto"];
this setAmmo [_weapon, _ammo];

Not tested.

• Like 1