Sign in to follow this  
Parrot4543

Anyway?

Is there a way to clear functions out the the servers resident memory without disrupting a mission? I did come across a BIS function that "halts a function" and returns an error message of your choice I am wondering if it "actually flushes the memory"?

hi Parrot4543,

I don't know if i got your question right. So you ask of a way to erase/delete a user made function out of the memory on mission runtime?

If thats the question, I assume further that you used "<functionname> = compile <function/filename>" to load/compile it first.

The answer then is simply use "<functionname> = Null" to erase/delete it, but this can easily went to undesired behavior, to say the least.

greetings Na_Palm

Yes that is exactly what I wish to do and I want to "safely" erase the function without it breaking anything... Because I know that functions still exist in the memory... no matter what they are loaded and stay there... Clearing them would reduce server load correct?

Not null, nil

myFunc = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "script.sqf";
[foo] call myFunc;
myFunc = nil;

I do not think you would notice a great reduce of server load however, unless your script files are several hundreds LoC's

Not sure what you think is a descriptive topic title but "Anyway?" sure is not.

§21) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first.

Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.