Sign in to follow this  
cpl_hicks

Best PBO opener for ARMA 3?

Is there a consensus on what the best PBO opener (unpacking program) is such as "Un PBO" etc. is for Arma 3 specifically?

Thanks

Anything that uses the latest DePbo.dll really... but ExtractPBO...

I am going to have to disagree with the majority here, I tried both and imo PBO manager wins as it is much more intuitive unless it is just because I am new to editing and extractPBO has more deep ability.....

extract pbo gives me less problems cause it works correctly, being a total noob i found it more confusing when to have to debinarize the files by hand afterwards T_T just get the script to add it to windows shell so you can right click - > extract the pbo.. although like i said i dont know much about arma editing yet (in the process of getting some models into O2 finally got past the brick wall that was installing the god damn tools)

i use pbo manager and Eliteness.

Eliteness is the#1 becaue you can do alot more than just open a pbo, and it has work sence ofp (years ago) till now.

but for simple extraction pbo manager.

I use cpbo by Kegetys. Double click on a pbo > extracts it, right click on a folder > pbo = turn it into a pbo. Nice, clean and simple, with no over spec if you don't need the extra controls. I never did.

Edited by Variable