Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

At least a few "exotic" weapons?

I know, there are more urgent issues to solve at this point of time.

Mods aren't a real alternative (x players owning the game ---> x+1 incompatible game versions out there).

The very question/request. It would be great to have some exotic weapons (in terms of the point of time the game is situated). Such as Lee Enfield (could be copied from A2), Kar98 or Mosin Nagant. I.e. non-automatic weapons since more automatic weapons basically just would be existing weapons with another texture.

Or better yet, BI could implement some civilian weapons in those terms. By Exotic how ever, i would like a wide variety of weapons depending on the factions. For example, multiple guns used by countries underneath the faction "NATO". Gus for CSAT (Opfor) and Greenfor. Of course, these have to be guns that fit in the Armaverse Era. 2035.

I don't see any point of having weapons from wwi-wwii era. Because nowadays you can only find them in museums or collectionist mainly,

An ak47 or evolution would make sense cuz it has been the most extended rifle in history ( and I have no doubt that in 2035 there will still be millions in use), some modern civ weapons could be interesting ( maybe a shotgun or a hunting rifle ).

I believe the point of having old or civilian-grade weapons is to broaden the spectrum for different scenarios that don't focus on conventional warfare. Currently there aren't good ways to convey a ragtag paramilitary group in practical terms because all the game's rifles inhabit the same demigod tier of automatic, high-powered and modular tools of mayhem. Imagine if Arma 2 only had Mk16s and Mk17s.

I believe the point of having old or civilian-grade weapons is to broaden the spectrum for different scenarios that don't focus on conventional warfare. Currently there aren't good ways to convey a ragtag paramilitary group in practical terms because all the game's rifles inhabit the same demigod tier of automatic, high-powered and modular tools of mayhem. Imagine if Arma 2 only had Mk16s and Mk17s.

You are right to that aspect. Having modern age civilian weapons is a good idea, in terms of weapons in different scenarios. I can guarantee that by the time the last campaign episode is out, there will be more guns.

I agree that we could have, vanillawise, some armed civilians equiped with exotic weapons, a bow for example. I'm sure the devs would have a lot of fun creating them.

BI: Guns beyond 2032 Do not exist and there are absolutely no remnants of past technology in Altis, because it is such a advanced society

All I want is sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.....is that too much to ask?

All I want is sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.....is that too much to ask?

Why not have something that actually exists and can level an entire army? Metalstorm weapons!

BI: Guns beyond 2032 Do not exist and there are absolutely no remnants of past technology in Altis, because it is such a advanced society

1. This.

2. This.

3. The point with "doesn't belong to the story" (this and other topics) is nonsense. They don't have to appear in official missions. No mapper needs to implement them in their maps. Nobody is forced to play on maps with such non-story things. Having such items in the vanilla game doesn't affect anybody who does not want to have to do anything with it. I suggested the Lee Enfield since most likely (?) it only has to be copy-and-pasted by BIS.

4. Currently there are only three types of (non-hand)-guns in Arma III: 1 assault rifle, 1 heavy MG and 1 sniper rifle. There ARE some variants, but what is it? Basically just different 3D models or a different texture. What is the difference between a vanilla MX (or however they are called) and a modded M4A1? Basically nothing. Same handling, game experience and field of use. You know what I mean. I don't request cross/bows, laser guns or Napoleonic rifles. But there should be more than three types of vanilla guns in an infantry-focussed AAA simulator. Like Celery said, vanillawise you can hardly produce scenarios that aren't professional army vs. professional army (in terms of weapons).

Edited by RogueTrooper

Great suggestion. The apparently slightly lower socioeconomic status of the houses in altis would make finding a local stash of older style weapons pretty feasible. And id sorely welcome the variety.

I can see an "oldies but goldies" pack down the road. The FAL from Arrowhead had it's distinct flavor.

I don't see any point of having weapons from wwi-wwii era. Because nowadays you can only find them in museums or collectionist mainly
Not true. you will find most of WWII guns in the hands of civilians right now because those old surplus rifles are a cheap way to get into shooting sports and those guns are still sold in plenty...most of mien are build in 1936-1943 including export models like the FR-8 carbine that was in official use well into the 70's in Spain. Since full caliber automatic rifles are hard to obtain in Europe we have developed a love into those old WW1-WW2 repeating rifles that were sold in the 80's for cheap from the Arsenals from Sweden, Spain, Chile etc.

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

I can see an "oldies but goldies" pack down the road. The FAL from Arrowhead had it's distinct flavor.
and unfortunately the worst presentation of ironsights. Edited by Beagle

i have Mauser 98K, i have Mosin rifles with high quality, question is - how gonna protect it agains misuse in dayz , if you know how to protect it, i can donate such models as:

- SKS 45, Mosin 38, Mosin Sniper, Mosin 91/30, Mauser 98K, MP40, STG44 etc. UZI, Mini UZI etc.

only restriction is that it cannot be taken to any kind of dayz

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMYQfDd2uqEkfBfyeVu6moBW_B0e1GrFju45zj33hm5OFzfh92XA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk4ENFciZa7d9IOWTo-aYHl6095_Csn2aXyFfgI4k3UM_ahvgO

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/5298/nowy5d.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/3082/nowy1b.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img805/5602/nowy3m.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img411/430/nowy3p.jpg

with full animated bolt action

Edited by vilas

As an old Altis guy, I am glad to rely on my BAIKAL IZH43 double barrel gauge 12 when the s... hits the fan !

I have no problem with ammunitions, I am making them myself.

Speaking about WWII era weapons, I am pretty sure you can make surprising discovers in some Altis attics

Edited by Old Bear

Maybe there is a golden AK-47 somewhere to be found in a powerplant in campaign.

From my wishlist on the Wish list and ideas - No Discussion thread, page 213.

Note: Below is referring to military weapons yet I see no reason why civilians couldn't own AK's and AR's. Also I'm not opposed to someone adding more moderate civilian weapons such as hunting rifles (Remington 700, Winchester 30-30 or 45-70 :D) Also the WWII classics: Enfield, Mosin, K98, Springfield, and Garand. Heck you can get a Mosin for 80 bucks, so those will certainly be around for a while thanks to quantity. The 870 shotgun listed below would fit fine for the civilian side..which is kind of what I was aiming for. Oh..if you wanted to get real exotic you could also go with big bore stuff.. 577 TREX? .... I'd still like BIS to fix all the other junk first though.

B]Weapons[/b]: As far as additional weapons go, I'm actually fairly happy with what we have right now but if we were going to add more then I'd say the classics should really be the only additions BIS focuses on, leave everything else out. All weapons should be the most modern versions available today (2013) and for weapons with different barrel lengths I would only include the most common military standard and compact length barrels. (20in/14in for AR platform, 13/8-10in for AK… so on and so forth.) I might have left a few out so don't go crazy. Here’s the list…

Galil ACE 32 (7.62mm)

AK-12 (7.62mm)

AEK-971 (5.45.39) Or AEK-972 (5.56x45)

M-16/M4

STEYR AUG

FN FAL (modernized)

HK G3 (Modernized)

Rem870/Moss500

M1014

Saiga 12

P90

Glock 18/19 (Or just the 18- Both in 9mm)

PKM

RPK

M60E

(I do wish they would change the RFB back to .308 like it's supposed to be though.)

Edited by Squirrel0311

AK12 is not 7.62, it is 5.45 mm and of course is made too, AEK971 too etc. etc. all is made , just need to be imported if...

AK12 is not 7.62, it is 5.45 mm

The AK-12 is chambered in 3 different calibers: 5.45mm, 5.56mm, and 7.62mm.

However, Russia has said that the wont adopt it now because it of it's short comings in testing... so that one might be out. :/

Izhmash is also planning on adding more calibers to the list.

Edited by Squirrel0311

AK12 is not 7.62, it is 5.45 mm and of course is made too, AEK971 too etc. etc. all is made , just need to be imported if...

Just another thing the AEK971 isn't the only one in the AEK970-series. There's the AEK972 and AEK973, chambered in 5.56 and 7.62 respectively.

The AK-12 is chambered in 3 different calibers: 5.45mm, 5.56mm, and 7.62mm.

However, Russia has said that the wont adopt it now because it of it's short comings in testing... so that one might be out. :/

Izhmash is also planning on adding more calibers to the list.

http://opinionyliteratura.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/kalashnikov-ak-12b.jpg

yeah, plus the 5.56 nato version...can't seem to find the picture i was looking for

Yeah it's on there... I'm betting it's dual caliber.. If you can shoot 5.56mm then normally you're ok with .223. Not always though.

technically 5.56x45 equals .223 Remington but it's not always wise to use military ammunition in a rifle marked .223 albeit the cartridge size fits. Especilly US made surplus ammo is a problem because of excessivly high gas pressure. Same can be true for .308 Win and 7.62mmx51

technically 5.56x45 equals .223 Remington but it's not always wise to use military ammunition in a rifle marked .223 albeit the cartridge size fits. Especilly US made surplus ammo is a problem because of excessivly high gas pressure. Same can be true for .308 Win and 7.62mmx51

Yep and sometimes the NATO has a slightly steeper shoulder and more neck lead but usually that doesn't cause a problem. Just the overpressure but even then I'd say most probably handle it alright as long as you're not doing something stupid.

On a different note: I wish they had implemented the Balanced Recoil System on the 7.62mm AK-12. The fact that they didn't kind of makes me want to drop it anyway. :/

Edited by Squirrel0311