Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Immersion, a flicker of hope for Realism

I really dont get where this is coming from...

Here are 2 pics to match (roughly) the composition of the 2nd M-ATV picture linked in steamtex's post

http://www.delorted.net/forum_nonsense/hunter_1.jpg

http://www.delorted.net/forum_nonsense/hunter_2.jpg

Now, we don't know how tall the soldiers in the real photos are, and we know the A3 soldiers are above average height, but we can clearly see that the general scale and proportions are correct.

The wheels come up to the soldiers' waist in both A3 and real world.

In shot 1, the A3 soldier is actually a little short (the real world soldiers' shoulders are ABOVE the top line of the hood).

In shot 2, the A3 soldiers' shoulders reach the bottom of the door, and the top of his head (under the helmet and NVGs) is in line with the door handle.

So its pretty damn close. See my post here (and my linked post there) for reasoning why things look "off".

Never realized how actually big the Hunter is, but I guess the days of humvees are drawing to an end and now militaries are leaning towards MRAPS.

Never realized how actually big the Hunter is, but I guess the days of humvees are drawing to an end and now militaries are leaning towards MRAPS.

I like the use of MRAPs in ArmA3, mostly because I like blasting polka music while I drive a Hunter HMG around in DUWS.

I like the use of MRAPs in ArmA3, mostly because I like blasting polka music while I drive a Hunter HMG around in DUWS.

I am referring to real life and how MRAPS are now replacing past vehicles.

I am referring to real life and how MRAPS are now replacing past vehicles.

I know, but I'm stating my motives for liking them in addition to them replacing other vehicles.