1. 1. How do you rate your first bCombat experience

• Very disappointing
    • Mediocre
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very good

damage multiplier will be my friend, precious

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Now I'm not sure if it is just a placebo, but I found that setting the bCombat_friend_damage (not quite sure what it is called, but something like that - was set to 0.8 ) back down to 0 had a great effect on the damage. It looked like just one headshot was required, or two to the body. It needs more testing.

Now I'm not sure if it is just a placebo, but I found that setting the bCombat_friend_damage (not quite sure what it is called, but something like that - was set to 0.8 ) back down to 0 had a great effect on the damage. It looked like just one headshot was required, or two to the body. It needs more testing.

Placebo.

combat_friendly_fire_max_damage simply caps the maximum damage caused by any friendly unit to 0.8 (=80%).

That means that blue-on-blue fire is causing damage, but not killing.

It's important since AI units are not much careful, when firing on low accuracy.

It does not affect player.

By setting it to zero you basically make units invulnerable to friendly fire.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Just wanted to say thanks for letting the beta out in public. I'm really enjoying A3 more now that I've started using this. Looking forward to the next update.

Fabrizio_T,

Loving this mod. Can't wait for v0.15 and yes thanks for public beta on 0.14.

One question - how does

"// Description: stop / overwatch

// Triggered: on units following leader or formation leader

// Effect: unit is allowed to provide prolonged suppressive fire while rest of formation moves on"

work with

"// Description: tighten formation

// Triggered: whenever some in-formation unit falls behind

// Effect: unit is automatically ordered to fall back into formation"

?

Will the overwatch distance be capped by the tighten formation distance?

I have great news I got this to work some what....I'm now getting instant kill with head shots....I changed 2.0 to 0.60 ....Line 221: bcombat_damage_factor = 0.60; // Damage multiplier to correct unrealistic body armor values....but with body shots still takes 3 shots kinda strange.

just tested again and it seems what does the trick is not to replace the single "_body_part_damage;" - line, which i guess gives back the value to the calling function.

"_body_part_damage = _body_part_damage * bcombat_damage_factor;" must be added just before that, for it being the calculation only. now it works for me. put up the damage multiplier to 5.0 for testing purpose and give instant kills on hit :)

Fabrizio_T,

Loving this mod. Can't wait for v0.15 and yes thanks for public beta on 0.14.

One question - how does

"// Description: stop / overwatch

// Triggered: on units following leader or formation leader

// Effect: unit is allowed to provide prolonged suppressive fire while rest of formation moves on"

work with

"// Description: tighten formation

// Triggered: whenever some in-formation unit falls behind

// Effect: unit is automatically ordered to fall back into formation"

?

Will the overwatch distance be capped by the tighten formation distance?

No.

Units in overwatch mode are no more in formation with leader, they behave like subformation leaders themselves (within group).

Hence formation tightening is not affecting them.

This is by design, units in overwatch are supposed to let remaining units move on, temporarily.

Overwatch will be automatically terminated by some events, basically:

* A move to cover task

* After unit not being firing for X seconds

* After some maximum timeout

Then unit will fall back into formation.

Overwatch behaviour may trigger for some unit only if its leader is nearby (< 100m.).

This reduces the chance of spreading overwatching units too much.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Short video showing OPFOR acting aggressively in CQB.
Group was simply given a GUARD waypoint.
(Player was set captive).

Patiently playtesting v0.15 ... Edited by fabrizio_T

Wow if that doesnt make anyone happy then they can just find there own ai mod this is the best reactions and movement ever, great work Fab....Just Wow can anyone argue that. I wish I could play that tonight but I know thats not possible. curious what is the FPS at....

Oh fabrizio oh fabrizio , you will never cease to amaze me. I can´t imagine how amazing bCombat will be in the next few iterations.

I have a dream that one day i won´t be able to differ AI enemies from human players , all because of your mod.

config.sqf:

Line 221: bcombat_damage_factor = 2.0; // Damage multiplier to correct unrealistic body armor values

lib/common.sqf:

Line 391: _body_part_damage = _body_part_damage * bcombat_damage_factor;

I have great news I got this to work some what....I'm now getting instant kill with head shots....I changed 2.0 to 0.60 ....Line 221: bcombat_damage_factor = 0.60; // Damage multiplier to correct unrealistic body armor values....but with body shots still takes 3 shots kinda strange.

just tested again and it seems what does the trick is not to replace the single "_body_part_damage;" - line, which i guess gives back the value to the calling function.

"_body_part_damage = _body_part_damage * bcombat_damage_factor;" must be added just before that, for it being the calculation only. now it works for me. put up the damage multiplier to 5.0 for testing purpose and give instant kills on hit :)

i am interested in this however i do not have a line 221 in my config. do i create it ? is that why im not seeing this variable in config.sqf? the same with the second bit of code, i am guessing that this is stuff i have to add to the mod. I have been working alot more lately and its been difficult to get around and just read up and catchup on whats goin on..

Amazing. Can't believe how much of an improvement this is even in its early state. Bravissimo ;)

Wow if that doesnt make anyone happy then they can just find there own ai mod this is the best reactions and movement ever, great work Fab....Just Wow can anyone argue that. I wish I could play that tonight but I know thats not possible. curious what is the FPS at....

@bravo409,

Hey no hype allowed haha.

I just used this with Iron Front....very nice behaviors. Can't wait to use with IF+ALiVE.

@Fabrizio_T,

I am testing the option to allow any unit instead of autorifleman/MG to provide overwatch but I am not seeing any? Are the odds much lower with this setting?

i am interested in this however i do not have a line 221 in my config. do i create it ? is that why im not seeing this variable in config.sqf? the same with the second bit of code, i am guessing that this is stuff i have to add to the mod. I have been working alot more lately and its been difficult to get around and just read up and catchup on whats goin on..

......You have to add line 221 at bottom of config....other code goes in Lib folder just look for the line in the notepad++

@Fabrizio_T,

I am testing the option to allow any unit instead of autorifleman/MG to provide overwatch but I am not seeing any? Are the odds much lower with this setting?

You mean: bcombat_stop_overwatch_mode = 1 ?

That's only for debugging purpose, no reason to make all units do overwatch in my opinion.

That said it should work as well.

Keep in mind that overwatch is never active for player led groups, for AI leaders and AI formation leaders.

Unit should be near leader, under fire or firing on a target of opportunity in range and line of sight.

There's alot more, but these are the basic rules.

Are you on ArmA 3 v1.08 or a DEV build?

Some recent DEV builds came with currentWeapon command broken and this causes multiple issues.

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

......You have to add line 221 at bottom of config....other code goes in Lib folder just look for the line in the notepad++

Just wait for v0.15. It's not that far away.

I've completed half unit testing in the evening, i'll continue tomorrow.

It's time consuming, but so far no gamebreaking issues emerged.

v0.15 RC will be released to testers once testing is complete.

Public beta will start after collecting testers' feedback (in order to exclude regressions).

I'll create a new forum thread accordingly.

You mean: bcombat_stop_overwatch_mode = 1 ?

That's only for debugging purpose, no reason to make all units do overwatch in my opinion.

That said it should work as well.

Keep in mind that overwatch is never active for player led groups, for AI leaders and AI formation leaders.

Unit should be near leader, under fire or firing on a target of opportunity in range and line of sight.

There's alot more, but these are the basic rules.

Are you on ArmA 3 v1.08 or a DEV build?

Some recent DEV builds came with currentWeapon command broken and this causes multiple issues.

Yes. bcombat_stop_overwatch_mode = 0; // (0,1) 0 = apply only to machinegunners, 1 = apply to all units

Stable build v1.08

I guess I just wanted to see the effect in game. I was a civilian observing the firefight.

I was just curious, expend your energy on v0.15. I am good.