How do you rate your first bCombat experience  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate your first bCombat experience

• Very disappointing
    • Mediocre
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very good

Thanks for this release. The videos show some very promising stuff.

As a mission-maker, I'm wondering how best to handle working with bCombat. Previously I have used scripts such as UPSMON to handle both combat (react to contact, flanking, etc...) and non-combat (patrol, garrison) behavior. While this mod seems like it will nicely handle combat behavior, I'm wondering how best to handle noncombat behavior. Does UPSMON play nicely with bCombat? I imagine they might conflict as it sounds like they handle some of the same types behavior. Should I stick to manually-defined patrol/garrison waypoints to ensure that bCombat can take full control or are there patrol/garrison scripts that will work nicely with bCombat?

Do the test with UPSMON and bCombat and see if they behave together, then report back in the thread.

There's no big conflict between bCombat and UPSMON. UPSMON do not take the control of individual unit (except when you set them in ambush). The only problem will be on the morale that will differ from bcombat.

config.sqf:

Line 221: bcombat_damage_factor = 2.0; // Damage multiplier to correct unrealistic body armor values

lib/common.sqf:

Line 391: _body_part_damage = _body_part_damage * bcombat_damage_factor;

I have great news I got this to work some what....I'm now getting instant kill with head shots....I changed 2.0 to 0.60 ....Line 221: bcombat_damage_factor = 0.60; // Damage multiplier to correct unrealistic body armor values....but with body shots still takes 3 shots kinda strange.

Edited by bravo409

Yeah...its sad, they dont upgraded AI so much, so they changed damage factor - so enemy can survive shoot just into his face, from 2 meters :D

Just go back.

Nice to see nothing got horribly wrong here, in the meantime ;)

Why are yours mods in My Documents? Put all mods/userconfig in the Arma3 directory. This is the reason it is screwing up for you.

Why, because I can, I just installed it directly into the arma 3 folder on my solid state drive, Ive been playing since ofp and I know how to run mods, I was just pointing out that no other mods required to be in the root directory. you can run them from your my documents/arma 3 folder, I do this to save room on my ssd and it's better for organization. PWS is a great tool, the entire point is you don't have to constantly check for updates for mods in the forums, as they will be updated automatically. Ive been registered since 2001, This doesn't make me a king or anything, but don't make it sound like im clueless. I know exactly what I'm doing....

I have been testing this mod out (v0.14) and not been able to get AI to react to nearby explosions. I am getting all of the relevant debug info (the balloons, the stats, etc...) but I am not seeing the behavior of responding to and investigating nearby explosions.

I have simulated this by placing an AI squad (with no instructions or AI scripts running) and throwing a grenades out of their view within 50m of the squad. The result is that they do not move at all.

I have tested this again removing various mods that might possibly conflict (like JSRS) and the result is the same.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I shall try the same and report back shortly.

Edit: Can confirm the above with HE Grenades. Unless AI take damage, AI will not react to explosions.

2nd Edit: AI do react to explosions via launchers

Edited by SteveJA360

Is there something with this suite that continuously creates and empty popup dialog box headed OK with continue button? i dont know what triggers it but it makes the game unplayable and only happens using this mod and cba?

Is there something with this suite that continuously creates and empty popup dialog box headed OK with continue button? i dont know what triggers it but it makes the game unplayable and only happens using this mod and cba?

this is because you enabled finding cover in/around houses. i dont know what page its on but somewhere in this thread it was discussed that this is caused by command, hintc. in common.sqf?? or one of the .sqf files. all you have to do is //coment it out.

I have been testing this mod out (v0.14) and not been able to get AI to react to nearby explosions. I am getting all of the relevant debug info (the balloons, the stats, etc...) but I am not seeing the behavior of responding to and investigating nearby explosions.

I have simulated this by placing an AI squad (with no instructions or AI scripts running) and throwing a grenades out of their view within 50m of the squad. The result is that they do not move at all.

I have tested this again removing various mods that might possibly conflict (like JSRS) and the result is the same.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I shall try the same and report back shortly.

Edit: Can confirm the above with HE Grenades. Unless AI take damage, AI will not react to explosions.

2nd Edit: AI do react to explosions via launchers

Noted, i'll look into this.

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

this is because you enabled finding cover in/around houses. i dont know what page its on but somewhere in this thread it was discussed that this is caused by command, hintc. in common.sqf?? or one of the .sqf files. all you have to do is //coment it out.

Please see:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167288-WIP-bCombat-infantry-AI-Mod-SP&p=2587416&viewfull=1#post2587416

Remember that cover into houses was disabled on purpose, because of units getting frequently stuck into them, hence stopping group movement.

This problem is caused by ArmA3 pathfinding issues, not bCombat.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Ahh right, thanks.. maybe this line 'bcombat_allow_cover = false;' in config.sqf

Edit: or as Fabrizio noted above:

Please see:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2587416'>http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2587416

Cheers

Update

v0.15 set of features is finalized.

I am verifying the issue with grenades hearing on distance.

Seems that they don't cause any FSM events to be triggered unless for very close distance.

So some workaround is needed.

Getting excited! bCombat is my one must-have addon at all times. Checking my PMs constantly.

Cheers Fab.

Even though I didn't get in on the official testers pool this is one thread I check daily! Great to hear 0.15 is getting closer, look forward to getting my hands on another public beta that much sooner too (hopefully before next Christmas!) :P

I've finally found a workaround to let AI able to "hear" hand grenade explosions reliably, up to some configurable distance.

Being a scripted extension to core FSM "events", this needs some further work in order to be gracefully merged into v0.15.

waiting too for some sneaky peaky public beta :)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

cant wait to see 0.15 ...any idea when we will see it

Please don't hold your breath for this. bCombat is hype-free ;)

v0.15 is basically v0.14 + smoke grenades, CQB reactivity tweaks and more configuration variables exposed.

WIP Changelog:

v0.15

-----

Core:

* Fixed issue with cover blacklisting causing .sqf script error popup

* Units more likely to cover each other

* Targets of opportunity better filtered, with tighter visibility checks

* AI group leaders not supposed to flee anymore

* 60+ configuration variables exposed and briefly documented into "config.sqf"

* CQB reactivity improvements

* Configurable damage multiplier (bcombat_damage_multiplier)

* Misc fixes

New optional features:

* AI units may throw smoke grenades when threatened

Edited by fabrizio_T
forgot some features ..