Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

sniper missions

I enjoy sniping in Arma 2. I wonder if there are user made missions for this? Any help in how to install them? Thanks for any help

cool - thanks. Sorry, but do you have a link or info on how I install this? I am unfamiliar with installing user created missions. Thanks again

Hi for sniping missions go to Armaholic.com --> http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search under search (linked) type sniping, and review the list of what comes up.

As for installing missions, locate your arma2 directory, it should be along the folder address --> C;\Program files\Bohemia interactive\ Arma2

something like that, in the directory locate the missions folder.

The missions folder aka missions is the folder where all pbo files will go, i say pbo because when you download a mission from armaholic

or wherever it will be zipped, so you need to extract it.

Most mission makers with their download should have a readme on how to install a mission, some missions may have requirements,

so be sure to review the page for download carefully.

So again missions folder for Sp missions, and mpmissions folder for well...mpmissions, liek coops, and multiplayer game modes, ect,. basically MP.

Understand?

Thanks. I have the Steam version with most of the added content. I imagine the install method is similar. I would guess there are specifics on that i the Steam Arma forums, so I will also check that out. Thanks for your help and patience.

Hey there

be aware that the missions Forza Juve mentioned is a campaign. The campaign file which has the extension pho must be copied into a Campaigns folder which must be located in the ArmA 2 root directory. Since you don't have most probably a campaigns folder in your ArmA 2 root directory, which I deduct from your mail, you need to create one yourself. This goes only for campaigns. SP missions need to go into the mission folder which is also located in your ArmA 2 directory as already explained by Günter. Only the file with pho extension needs to be copied in there.

Cheers