Sign in to follow this  
LoneCrow66

The D Word

I've noticed the decline of server populations, especially with the split of dev versions and regular versions, passworded versions, there are really no good servers out there anymore. I had 1 good server on the dev version with players and under 100ms ping in North America for me on the weekend! IT was a good server but had a bunch of immature twerps as usual. So if I wanted to leave I had no other options to go to.

So .. I also notice a crap load of the regular versions have all sorts of mods. I don't know what is needed to run them etc.

Now I know the whole zombie thing is really looked down upon in the forums here, but I'm looking for some sort of alternative gameplay that is fun to get into but isn't too hardcore, but also is not filled with a bunch of 12 year olds wanting to blow things up.

Is there a working dayz mod right now and where do I go to get it to work with arma 3? Because I'd rather have SOME sort of server to play on even if its zombies.

There are good servers out there, well adminned and well organised. Most of them are passworded as trying to create any form of discipline in a public environment is hard work, but it is doable with the right admins onboard

If you can do Euro time zones and you are coop oriented Try Zeus

Our admins have zero tolerance to idiots, we are not anal in our approach to milsim and we do manage organised coop sessions in the public domain

Best nights to see us are Thursdays and Sundays, although we run sessions every night.

For an insight into how we do things, check out the following video

(This was a relaxed squad sized mission, for platoon size we use more discipline especially on comms)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BDkkEUTO9nw#t=315

for more info, read the first post in the following thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151063-Zeus-gaming-Nights

Edited by Terox

Pings a little too high for Europe, thanks for the offer though looks like a good outfit.

My point is that without "official" servers we have to rely on others and sometimes there just isn't good servers out there to really enjoy yourself on unless you "join" some squad which is unacceptable for someone who only casually plays and doesn't have time for the commitment of a squad.

So I'm looking to see if there are any really good working dayz type mods out there.

Or what are the mods people are using on their servers the most common ones so I can get them to join and try their servers?

if you check your server browser, sort by ping then highlight each server individually, you will see additional info for that server. That will detail the mods/addons then run

There isnt as yet a full blown mod like ACE, so all you are going to get is addon packs made up of all sorts of mixes

Yeah well they really ... really need to work on some multiplayer maps and content for people that is supported. I'm getting tired of these player made ones that are very weak and repetitive like Insurgency and Domination. Wasteland is boring as hell.

I think that is why dayz would work with this. Plenty of targets, the ai doesn't need to be stellar, and throw in other players to make it the wildcard. Wasteland would be great if it had civilians and ai to content with. But BI doesn't believe in making anything but the sandbox.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Yeah thanks I'll check that out.. hah oh yeah I saw this and tried to sign up for it before and it has a question "Who is the launcher creator" and I'm like I don't know.. I tried Dead Nation all sorts of crap I can't even download the launcher until I sign up.

Pissing me off totally how you are forced to sign up for stuff. Nobody rests on their laurels anymore and relies on their own hard work to impress people and get voluntary reaction.

Edited by LoneCrow66

Im still of the belief that player made missions are the tops, Had a wonderful mission last night that didnt take long to make, but had us tied up for 2 and half hours.

LoneCrow66, I'm sort of in the same situation as you. I love the mechanics and the game in general it's just the multiplayer games are getting very slim and it seems the servers are in decline. Agree that wasteland is just not as fun as on Arma 2. I wonder if the game will bounce back or is actually going to flop on the multiplayer end. Not interested at all in comp stomp,, wayyyy too easy. I've gone back to playing Arma2 for the time being. Not blaming the devs, it's just how the game plays out on multiplayer.

Well they better "surprise us" with some multiplayer maps and game modes or something soon. Lots of people leaving and those who come on are more concerned with causing shit than anything. I found myself checking steam for the first time in a while for new games.

I was thinking why wouldn't they come up with some simple missions like "Defend the town" - an attack is coming and you are on your own. You know it is generally coming from the North. You have 15 minutes to fortify and set up defenses. Allow us to place sandbags, set up mortar and fixed weapons. Actually have a use for "mines" and such . Then send in a massive AI attack wave. No respawns allowed, except for in the last 5 mins paratroops arrive and can chute in. Make a timer of 30 mins or something before a new round starts. Add some wildcards on there like aircraft and flanking attacks, whatever..

Imagine just 16 players in a town fortifying it and taking up positions. Enemy armor and APC's roll in numbers only to hit AT mines and AT rockets. They need to take the town in tact for whatever reason so cannot artillery and use the tank main guns, so they offload about 128 troops that come from different positions. The AI acts very aggressive and charges the town without taking cover and laying down prone like a bunch of dummies out in the open. Well I can dream the ai were smart enough to actually "charge" a position.

I mean seriously how hard could it be to make missions like that?

How about one of those military bases on hills - remake a "siege of firebase gloria" mission on a smaller jungle map.

Or how about a paintball'esque type of red on blue sort of mission with objectives? I mean the possibilities are endless and they didn't even provide a single real multiplayer mission yet!

Well they better "surprise us" with some multiplayer maps and game modes or something soon. Lots of people leaving and those who come on are more concerned with causing shit than anything. I found myself checking steam for the first time in a while for new games.

I was thinking why wouldn't they come up with some simple missions like "Defend the town" - an attack is coming and you are on your own. You know it is generally coming from the North. You have 15 minutes to fortify and set up defenses. Allow us to place sandbags, set up mortar and fixed weapons. Actually have a use for "mines" and such . Then send in a massive AI attack wave. No respawns allowed, except for in the last 5 mins paratroops arrive and can chute in. Make a timer of 30 mins or something before a new round starts. Add some wildcards on there like aircraft and flanking attacks, whatever..

Imagine just 16 players in a town fortifying it and taking up positions. Enemy armor and APC's roll in numbers only to hit AT mines and AT rockets. They need to take the town in tact for whatever reason so cannot artillery and use the tank main guns, so they offload about 128 troops that come from different positions. The AI acts very aggressive and charges the town without taking cover and laying down prone like a bunch of dummies out in the open. Well I can dream the ai were smart enough to actually "charge" a position.

I mean seriously how hard could it be to make missions like that?

How about one of those military bases on hills - remake a "siege of firebase gloria" mission on a smaller jungle map.

Or how about a paintball'esque type of red on blue sort of mission with objectives? I mean the possibilities are endless and they didn't even provide a single real multiplayer mission yet!

I'm liking your idea!!! That sounds like fun :)

Current AI would see you from 700m, and kill you with 16 rounds.

I was thinking why wouldn't they come up with some simple missions like "Defend the town"

Check the official MP missions included in the vanilla game again. Among the coop scenarios you will also find:

1. DEFEND 10 Defend Syrta - closest to what you're asking for there: asymmetric MP, with two sides defending a location against waves of enemies.
  2. SEIZE 10 Seize Edoris - another asymmetric MP mode where you progress from strongpoint to strongpoint fighting an ever growing number of enemies.
  3. SEIZE 10 Seize Feres

Granted, it can be tough to find these missions being played on servers. It's up to the server admins to decide what they host which, I understand, is the other problem you face. However, these official missions do exist.

Yeah well they really ... really need to work on some multiplayer maps and content for people that is supported. I'm getting tired of these player made ones that are very weak and repetitive like Insurgency and Domination. Wasteland is boring as hell.

I think that is why dayz would work with this. Plenty of targets, the ai doesn't need to be stellar, and throw in other players to make it the wildcard. Wasteland would be great if it had civilians and ai to content with. But BI doesn't believe in making anything but the sandbox.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Yeah thanks I'll check that out.. hah oh yeah I saw this and tried to sign up for it before and it has a question "Who is the launcher creator" and I'm like I don't know.. I tried Dead Nation all sorts of crap I can't even download the launcher until I sign up.

Pissing me off totally how you are forced to sign up for stuff. Nobody rests on their laurels anymore and relies on their own hard work to impress people and get voluntary reaction.

So pleased you have not found our server, I hate people that just moan.

Check the official MP missions included in the vanilla game again. Among the coop scenarios you will also find:

1. DEFEND 10 Defend Syrta - closest to what you're asking for there: asymmetric MP, with two sides defending a location against waves of enemies.
  2. SEIZE 10 Seize Edoris - another asymmetric MP mode where you progress from strongpoint to strongpoint fighting an ever growing number of enemies.
  3. SEIZE 10 Seize Feres

Granted, it can be tough to find these missions being played on servers. It's up to the server admins to decide what they host which, I understand, is the other problem you face. However, these official missions do exist.

Oh great thanks I'll check them out.

But I do think this is a good reason why we need some official servers. I dont have the rig to host so I've never seen any.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

So pleased you have not found our server, I hate people that just moan.

Ahhh how refreshing. Personal attacks! The sign of a true champion!

When the missions were released a LOT of servers were running them. But they just weren't good enough to last IMO, and it's not like people didn't try them, since there was a time where you almost couldn't find other game modes (kinda like the dayz takeover).