Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

Stuttering after upgrade

Before i upgraded i didn't have this problem, Had 40-60 fps on a i7 950 @ 3.8. 6 gig 1600 ram , Win 8 x 64. Long story sort my friend upgraded and i had some one to buy my parts so i took what he had.

I have changed motherboard to Asus p8z68, Cpu 17 2700 @ 4.5. water cooled. 16 gig 1600 ram, Windows 8.1 x 64with my original audio Sonar d2X & video card GTX680 sig2. This problem only happens in MP in stable or Dev version i dont get this in SP or editor.

Fps are at 60 if i look around on foot / vehicle internal or external view i get really bad stutter and fps stay the same @ 60 this is a clean reload os windows and all drivers up to date nvidia driver 237.32 beta same as before i upgraded.

Have tried -nologs command still stutters.

you can´t get assurance the mp situation is exactly the same as before.

If i connect to any MP game i get this, I just tried stratis (used this server many times) and got 60fps. Now i get 60fps as before but stutter.

Also, try without Vsync on. I get stutters in games whenever I have it on. Not in Arma tho, dont have a chance to reach 60 fps.

Guy over at overclockers.co.uk forums had the same problem. Turns out it was his Anti Virus (ESET?) which was causing the problem within multiplayer. He changed to avg or mse and the problem disappeared..

Tried -nologs

Vsync on & off

Have disabled Nod32 not uninstalled

Just installed latest driver 331.58

Connected to wasteland altis & Stratis still stutter, One thing i did notice is its only when i move "e.g in first person if i turn around with the mouse is smooth but one i move in any direction and free look it stutters.

Edited by Smiley_ie

Tried -nologs

Vsync on & off

Have disabled Nod32 not uninstalled

Just installed latest driver 331.58

Connected to wasteland altis & Stratis still stutter, One thing i did notice is its only when i move "e.g in first person if i turn around with the mouse is smooth but one i move in any direction and free look it stutters.

... try to press CTRL+ALT+DEL when in arma, than CANCEL to return to arma, maybe this helps ...

... try to press CTRL+ALT+DEL when in arma, than CANCEL to return to arma, maybe this helps ...

Tried it still the same , I did manage to connect to one wasteland stratis server with no stutter ? updated battle eye manually tryed a few there and still getting stutter.

Guy over at overclockers.co.uk forums had the same problem. Turns out it was his Anti Virus (ESET?) which was causing the problem within multiplayer. He changed to avg or mse and the problem disappeared..

adding arma3.exe to exclude list in eset smart security or nod32 also works, happened to me too

try lowering smaa to 2 or 4x and see if that works?

adding arma3.exe to exclude list in eset smart security or nod32 also works, happened to me too

try lowering smaa to 2 or 4x and see if that works?

Tried everything i can think of thanks for the help guys but im gonna knock the game on the head for a while pain in the arse with it running like crap in MP.

Cheers

Try a server without battleye and tell me if something change :-)

I did stutters.

Are you sure that you join a server without battleye enabled? When you join in the chat you don't see battleye messages

There is an video with possible solution in description (disable advanced memory scanner):

In ESET Smart Security 7 you can fix this issue by disabling advanced memory scanner from HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevetion System).

Disabling antivirus/firewall or adding arma into exclusion wont fix it.

ESET

- SETUP

- ENTER ADVANCED SETUP

- COMPUTER

- HIPS

- DISABLE ADVANCED MEMORY SCANNER

System in video:

ASRock Extreme 9/ac, Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, 2x8GB DDR3-2400, Samsung 840 500GB SSD, Inno3D GTX 780 Accelero Hybrid

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1440574

Edited by Soppa

Thank you Soppa works no stutter silky smooth. Before i upgraded i have nod32 v6 installed and when i upgraded i installed 7.

Thanks everyone for the help and again big thanks to Soppa ;)

Cheers guy & girls. :):):):):):);)