Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

Oh.. ok thanks and great mod ! :D

Could you consider adding ASDG support as an optional Pbo ?

I've not come across a group that doesn't use it yet to be honest....

Otherwise we get stuck with 3d scopes etc... they don't play nicely with TrackIR systems etc.

SJ

Well, I plan to release this on steam (I really don't care about peoples opinions on the subject, and I guarantee there are more users there than on these forums that don't use ASDG), honestly it's extra work for me to figure out how ASDG works and I'd rather someone else do it.

Am looking forward to the weapon, and really looking forward to seeing how a high-end product like this is put together. You're generousity in releasing the editable source files is much appreciated!

Can't wait for the updates you are planning Kiory! The L85 by now is one of my fav. weapons atm. You did an awesome job so far.

Anyways:

Here is a small ASDG patch for those who want custom optics on their L85A2 with rails ... not sure if the keys will work

http://hummelhummel-ag.de/downloads/@L85A2_p_ASDG.7z

Thanks for the info Kio !

Any plan about a Rail Handguard? ( the same as they use now ) , Trixie made one but it doesn't look very nice...

Thanks for the info Kio !

Any plan about a Rail Handguard? ( the same as they use now ) , Trixie made one but it doesn't look very nice...

I'll consider it.

I'd focus more on the RIS L85. Regular troops don't really use the standard L85 anymore.

I'm not an expert, but I doubt that's the case, all I hear from mates who serve is that how there's not enough gear to go around.

The RIS handguard is fully replacing the old green plastic one, certainly in regular units and from what I've seen, reserve units too.

Alright, it's clear you won't drop this, so expect a RIS version as well.

The old handguards are still needed for drilling at least... Can't go marching up and down the square with that jagged piece of black aluminium hanging off your weapon. :D

Really though, the whole point of the rail+vert-grip was to help blokes to shoot while wearing body armour: It was proven to improve accuracy when facing the difficulties of getting the weapon properly shouldered when wearing Osprey. Importance was especially given to firing when prone - hence the bipod (that nobody really uses).

So now the line of thinking is: Combat = body armour = rail + vert grip, and everybody is who is supposed to routinely wear Osprey is supposed to be in line to get a railed handguard if they haven't got one yet, whether they are regular or reserve. It's one of the few things that got to stay on the rifles when they come back from Afghanistan (the flash hider goes, and so did the ACOG sights)

It seems you sometimes get issued one with a nice coyote brown cerakote finish and a FDE grip-pod if the rail is issued while still in the UK, and not after a deployment.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Well, I'm mainly asking that cuz guys on my British server wants the RIS. But if it was only about me, the old handguard is fine.

Kio already made an awesome work.

Hey Kiory, a little while ago you mentioned that you might be doing an L118 howitzer, just wanted to know if that was still on the agenda?

Nah, I'm sorry but that's a high fidelity item that I just don't have the time for right now, maybe in the future.

Multiupload links leads me to a page where I can do nothing but download some suspicious download manager.

Would anybody have it hosted somewhere else?

Downaloded it on Armaholic but I'm facing same issue as Charles1109 is ("Warning Message: Cannot load texture life_backpacks\data\env_co.paa."), an dthus I'm trying to redownload it directly at the source:

d1087272eae763119f7143c82789635b.png

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22548#comments

Has anyone managed to fix the sounds on the picatinney version and also has anyone managed to add ASDG support?

Has anyone managed to fix the sounds on the picatinney version and also has anyone managed to add ASDG support?

Have you tried T-800A's patch Baconide?

Can't wait for the updates you are planning Kiory! The L85 by now is one of my fav. weapons atm. You did an awesome job so far.

Anyways:

Here is a small ASDG patch for those who want custom optics on their L85A2 with rails ... not sure if the keys will work

http://hummelhummel-ag.de/downloads/@L85A2_p_ASDG.7z

Have you tried T-800A's patch Baconide?

No I hadn't but it worked so thanks!

Uhm, is it just me or does the link always redirect to iLivid bollocks, did MultiUpload sell their domains or something...

Yes, it seems so.

Thank god we have Armaholic.com :)

L85A2 v2

Yes, it seems so.

Thank god we have Armaholic.com :)

L85A2 v2

Affirmative Commodore. I had to say it to someone...

Any way of providing an alternate download site, or submitting the updated one to Armaholic?

According to StalkerGB (British Infantry addon), the current one on Armaholic is still the older faulty version. The new one is supposed to have one PBO, not two. When I use it there are no sounds and you get this warning message:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/kio_l85a2_base/Single.StandardSound'.
. I'm not going to download from multiuploads.nl, particulary when my AV has flagged the downloader as suspicious software.