Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

I think that's just the nature of the scope, it's not really supposed to be used on rifles with a picatinny system, it's exclusive for the L85 rails.

I'm having two major issues with this mod at the moment:

*It seems to stop the 2 sniper rifles from having the SOS scope on-top when spawning the sniper characters in the editor.

*If I crouch and move while aiming with the Susat version of the rifle, I get clipping issues where my characters shoulder fills the screen and I can't see a thing.

Other than the above, the mods pretty cool. :)

I think that's just the nature of the scope, it's not really supposed to be used on rifles with a picatinny system, it's exclusive for the L85 rails.
No no,

Here a pic of what Im trying to say

I counted the number of rails behind the sights and compared with other sights.

Rail Comparison

I pretty sure that you know this Kiory, but if you move the scope model forward or backwards from the centre axis it will change it's position on the rail. However, this will change from gun to gun since the optics proxy can be in different places.

IMO, keep it like that since it looks at the right place on the L85A2.

Cheers,

Nixon

Yea I know about that, I think I may have even done that from the susat, but as it's only intended use was for the L85 I thought that it wouldn't be a problem. :P

L85 RIS with UGL attachment followed by L86. That's the way to go Kiory ;)

L85 RIS with UGL attachment followed by L86. That's the way to go Kiory ;)

The L86 is indeed a nice weapon, but I'd much prefer to see an L129A1 sharpshooter next in the pipeline - that and the L85 w/UGL will complete our section/fireteam :)

Btw Kiory, when will you add those bikeys I got working for you? :p

The L86 is indeed a nice weapon, but I'd much prefer to see an L129A1 sharpshooter next in the pipeline - that and the L85 w/UGL will complete our section/fireteam :)

Btw Kiory, when will you add those bikeys I got working for you? :p

L129 is a wonderful weapon and one which would require a modeller with Kiory's touch to do a proper job of it. I mainly said I'd prefer to see the L86 because there's a lot more of them lying around in the BAF armoury. L129 are still not particularly common but that's changing. L110's would also be nice but there's already some weapons which are virtually identical in the Frenchpoint pack. Let's not forget the L7 either. Although a dying breed at section level they're still there.

Almost forgot to say what a great job Kiory is doing! ;)

I'll sort the bikeys on the next update. :)

I think once I roll out the UGL and the specter, I'll be moving onto an artillery piece, specifically this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Royal_Artillery_Firing_105mm_Light_Guns_MOD_45155621.jpg, that's providing I have enough reference by then.

I think once I roll out the UGL and the specter, I'll be moving onto an artillery piece, specifically this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Royal_Artillery_Firing_105mm_Light_Guns_MOD_45155621.jpg, that's providing I have enough reference by then.

Didn't you start on that nearly 12 months ago? :p

Start the Light gun? I don't think so.

I was thinking about making an artillery piece however, around 12 months ago.

I'm having two major issues with this mod at the moment:

*If I crouch and move while aiming with the Susat version of the rifle, I get clipping issues where my characters shoulder fills the screen and I can't see a thing.

Other than the above, the mods pretty cool. :)

Got the same problem, thats why i uninstalled this wonderful weapon :(

Arty would be very cool. Combining that with a sling mod for Chopper insert. Or a Tow mod for dragging behind a truck - and there's a nice little operation that can be run.

Kiory, had you thought about the interface ? We've got some Arty nerds who are desperate to get away from the "point and click" Artillery computer interface that A3 uses... However I suspect that's an entire OTHER ball game regards coding.

SJ

Got the same problem, thats why i uninstalled this wonderful weapon :(

This issue affected the original rifles and scopes as well, I noticed this problem too, it may have been fixed at this point so I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just my rifle that suffered from this.

@Serjames, I actually have quite a few capable people who will probably help me out with the arty systems, so it's safe to say it won't be a simple point and click system like the ones in A3.

Sounds great Kiory, you set a high standard, so I'm excited to see what you come up with !

SJ

This issue affected the original rifles and scopes as well, I noticed this problem too, it may have been fixed at this point so I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just my rifle that suffered from this.

@Serjames, I actually have quite a few capable people who will probably help me out with the arty systems, so it's safe to say it won't be a simple point and click system like the ones in A3.

I know, i´ve seen more weapons with this ugly bug. I tried to search for a solution, only figured out that it depends on the gear for example if the NVG is on the head or not, various helmets and the uniform.

Nice addons Kiory very very nice indeed. I have an issue with the SUSAT sight though.

In real use your eye is pushed up against the rubber eyepiece on the SUSAT so you never get anything other than a perfect sight picture as your eye relief is spot on and no light can leak into your view point thanks to the rubber. It should be more like the ARCO/MRCO/ACOG etc i.e no external light interference and no gap between the shooters eye and the sight either.

Another thing which is another nit pick is the tritium coated sight needle is too bright. In reality this brightness is adjustable with a dial/knob that's twisted on the right hand side of the sight. Quite often it doesn't light up at all if its an old sight or is often very weak in brightness. Turned down is better particularly at night.

I hope this helps as I get the impression you'd like this stuff to be accurate. I know all this stuff from 1st hand experience :rolleyes: Thanks for doing these mods they're amazing.

Blimey I don't remember putting my eye to the sight... In fact if I remember rightly that was the best way to get a massive black eye... ? Are we talking about the same sight ?

The RLG gave you a black eye but the SUSAT no. No kick off the SA80 anyway.

From memory eye relief for SUSAT was 25mm and I remember the top half of the eyepiece was in contact with my eyebrow area. It wasn't shoved in like the IWS.

Sorry mate, but you must of been doing something wrong when aiming down the scope.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/L85A2.JPEG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Royal_Marine_121113-M-XW818-041.JPG

http://orygie.ru/sa80-l85a2_ubgl.jpg

Anyway, I agree about the red triangle thing, I may scrap it entirely, we'll see.

LOL

1st one isn't even British. 2nd one the guys are wearing glasses and the 3rd is correct however he hasn't even cocked the rifle so is posing for the pic.

Trust me on this. It wasn't that long ago and I frequently came top in IBSR shoots and APWT's as a regular soldier. Point is you don't get any adverse light effects on the glass looking in while aiming.

Mark, you're right that the eye relief for the SUSAT is 25mm (although I don't remember ever having the rubber eye piece touching my face), but you have to remember that in game, having it so close to the character model can potentially lead to clipping errors, especially with a helmet model.

Yip understood. Its just when you Ctrl/right click for sight picture it has light effects on the lens which makes it much harder to get a good picture than it would in reality. Its ok in normal daylight but at night its very noticeable.

I have no issues with the soldier models position or anything like that just the sight picture is unnecessarily difficult to see in certain lighting compared to the real thing. It should be more like the vanilla sight pictures (2D? is that right?).

I reckon if the SUSAT was fitted to a HMG (.50?) then the sight picture and light effects would indeed be correct as the eye relief would be so great in comparison. Like I said I'm nit picking a great looking mod but its constructive criticism rather than trolling LOL. The attention to detail on Kiorys stuff is mind blowing from what I've seen particularly on the UGL. Just trying to help.

Reference the light reflecting on the lens, it's not limited to Kiorys' SUSAT; the FHQ ACOG is a prime example and I'm sure other 3D sights will be the same, probably to do with the game engine. (By default, the in-game sights are also 3D but there is a mod for 2D sights, not sure if you're using it.)

As for fitting the sight to HMG; the sight picture probably would be alright, although the reticule would be wrong (since it's the SUSA that's used on the HMG.) And this is where having your eye to the sight whilst firing is definitely not recommended!

Kio, apologies for the slight thread hijack!