Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

Hello again!

So this is it, I have come full circle, my first rifle release was the SA80RIS and it was AWFUL, which is why I was forced to remake it, vanilla style.

This rifle comes in two flavours, one with the normal rail for the iron sights and Susat scope, and one with a picatinny conversion for use with most of the scopes in Arma 3, not all of them, some of them just don't look right.

There really isn't much to say about it, textures could use some work, but for now it's at least presentable and ready to play with. It's missing some lods, shadow and actual level of distance, I'll sort all that in the coming days, I've also included a bikey etc for server play.

Normal Iron Sights

2013-10-21_00001_zpsc1bcd148.jpg

Reload View

2013-10-21_00002_zps80a4719e.jpg

Other Side

2013-10-21_00003_zpsb49be473.jpg

Picatinny Rail

2013-10-21_00004_zps63b03a2b.jpg

Picatinny Diamond Sights

2013-10-21_00005_zps18879404.jpg

Susat Front

2013-10-23_00002_zps34c194b2.jpg

Top Sights

2013-10-23_00003_zps2ba03e0c.jpg

Scope (Yes it still glows in the dark)

2013-10-23_00004_zps6bc038e3.jpg

For those that may get confused, I know I did at some point, the picatinny version will not be able to equip the susat scope I made (which I must work on to finish at some point), but the vanilla version will, but not the other scopes etc.

PBO with server key

http://www.multiupload.nl/YWJTZ1UI30

Source files

http://www.multiupload.nl/1PSLSDE64K

If ANYONE says it's too thin this time around, someone is going to loose a F****** arm.

Have a great day!

Class names:

Rifle

kio_l85a2 (Vanilla)

kio_l85a2_p (Picatinny Rail)

kio_l85a2_s (Vanilla equipped with susat)

Magazine

L85_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

L85_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer

Scope

kio_susat

List of changes V1

Added a sound for fire mode switch. (clickity clackaty mother *beeeeeeeep*)

Added tracer mag.

Added support for the normal A3 Stanag mags.

Added Susat scope with updated visuals. (lods to be done, delete the old susat pbo as it's been merged with the L85.)

Aligned Iron sights

Added a supply box for easy placement, comes with all you need out of the box.

Various other minor tweaks, negligible.

List of changes V2

Optics are now zeroed correctly. (Was using a dodgy top proxy, if anyone is having the same issues I was, you are more than welcome to use the top proxy from my P3D's.)

Added support for Iansky's and FHQ optics on the picatinny version.

Added some crude geo and shadow lods

Split the susat and L85, so now it comes with two pbo's, this should fix the issues some of you were having, let me know. (Both require each other to work)

Credits

A massive thanks goes to LordJarHead for providing me with some beast sound effects for the rifle, they turned out absolutely ace!

Any problems arise, please get in touch!

Edited by Kiory

jizztastic! the textures turned out really great. congrats on the release. can't wait for more from you.

jizztastic! the textures turned out really great. congrats on the release. can't wait for more from you.

Agreed. The rifle looks awesome bud.

Great work, Kiory! Could you make an optional config (for the RIS version) to accept Alwarrens FHQ optics? If you could config the weapon to use vanilla 556x45 mags would be great too!

I hope that STALKERGB update his UK soldier addon with your new rifle (thou I like a lot the old SA80RIS, don´t be too hard on yourself) =)

Cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

It just needs a bayonet ;)

Congrats on the release! Looks schweet!

Brilliant! Been waiting for this for a while. Will be excellent for our unit (British based). Downloading now...

Wow, just gave it a little try. And i must say i'm amazed by the Quality! Also thank you so much for organizing good sounds! It's such a shame when good Models get "ruined" by bad sounds.

One thing though, Auto fires seems to be a bit stuttering, like the gun would be choking on a bullet ^^.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome fits so well with Stalker's units! Is it just me or is the Susat floating above the gun?

Great job of the L85 and the model looks great! But one thing, where is that Hello Kitty sticker on the right side of the L85? I thought I saw that in some of your WIP picture. Btw, does it compatible with FHQ accessories?

@BigPickle, sure go nuts.

@not_majority, this L85 has gone through several retextures, no joke, I must of forgot to add hello kitty this time. It's not compatible with FHQ no.

@Predator, I only learned about making keys last night, I have no idea how to do it properly.

@Brad, I have yet to finish the susat, so things might seem a miss atm, bare with me as I reorganize some time to work on it.

Edited by Kiory

;2539072']Great work' date=' Kiory! Could you make an optional config (for the RIS version) to accept Alwarrens FHQ optics? If you could config the weapon to use vanilla 556x45 mags would be great too!

Cheers![/quote']

The config change for alwarrens optics will be unnecessary after Alwarren has updated the pack, because BI has changed the attachment system. The weapon should be able to fit any of the new optics fine, without Kiory doing any tinkering with the configuration, as far as I know. This includes only optics that make use of the new attachment system, however, the alpha vintage will still need hacking.

Congrats on the release too, beautiful rifle, nice addition to the collection, thanks!

It's too fat Kappa, JKJK, excellent work its looking flawless, keep up the awesomeness master.

Edited by Divinitize

Nice! What is the default zeroing set to? From some off the bat testing it appears to be around 350-400m.

But on the standard version with the zero set to 300m it will hit quite high of the target if you are aiming at a 300m target.

I'm having no problems so far with the RCO scope and the picatany version however! :)

Yes I've been having issues getting the zeroing right on the vanilla version, I'm still looking into it.

would it be possible to add a variant with handgrip picatinny rails for mounting IR lasers and Flashlights, or perhaps just add a small mounting point to the current picatinny version?