Sign in to follow this  
Maike

Armed-Tactics Mod Pack - Beta Release

atmodpack.png

Aloha :)

I'd like to introduce you to the AT Mod Pack Beta Release

aka "Unfinished stuff we had laying around and couldn't bother to finish up, because we are lazy"

Since release of the Alpha we tinkered around with different addons, sometimes porting older releases, fix things we don't like or adding stuff. Most of these addons have existed for quite some time, so they have been tested during normal play, but in the last days needed an update. So we finished up what else was there and now they are in a state that can be released to the public, even though some features we want to add are still missing.

Mostly it's clientside and only some addons need CBA. Everything that changes existing weapon classes has been updated to incorporate the new weapons, so will need the DEV branch until a new patch is out.

• AT_Glasses
    Mostly a port of the old pack for Arma 2, with addition of more monocle options and an "arrow".
  • AT_GUI3
    This one is getting smaller with every version, because the changes are already in A3. This time we have:
    • AT_GUI3_Cursor: Removes all small arms crosshairs, even if activated on the server.
      Needs DEV
    • AT_GUI3_PeriphMarker: Removes the peripheral vision blob markers on the edge of the screen.

[*]AT_Inhaler

Every soldier (and civilian) is issued with an inhalator to counter severe asthma attacks after e.g. running for 10m loaded.

No animation yet, needs a proper model and icon, review of efficiency/duration/number of uses

Needs CBA

[*]AT_Namechanger

Real designations for weapons and vehicles in game, configurable in userconfig.

Only changes displayname, not all vehicles included.

Needs DEV

[*]AT_NoCoffee3

Allows you to remove colour filters in a mission with a shortcut. Real isn't brown anymore.

Needs CBA

[*]AT_OpticsCleaner

Removes blur and chromatic abberation effects from backup sights on SOS, DMS and Nightstalker optics. See bugtracker

Needs DEV

[*]AT_Satchel

Allows you to attach satchels and explosive charges to objects and vehicles.

Needs CBA

[*]AT_Uniform

Adds tigerstripe camo (uniform/vests/hat/backpack) and a unit using them to the game.

Download

For more information about the addons you can look inside the corresponding readme file, if it's not in there just ask here.

Please post any bugs or incompatibilities you might find, and feel free to mention any feature or addon ideas. If you speak German and would rather use that you can visit us at www.armed-tactics.de

For server admins:

All addons are signed with an own key, so you can allow only those you want. Unpack them to your keys folder.

Edited by Maike

And i thought, there'd be some at launchers. :D

Haha... maybe we should change the threads title to "Armed-Tactics Mod Pack - Beta Release" :D

Thank you very much for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thank you very much for featuring the Armed-Tactics Mod Pack on the Armaholic frontpage, Foxhound.

And maybe a moderator could change the title of the thread to "Armed-Tactics Mod Pack - Beta Release" to prevent any confusion?

Edited by Maike
title changed

Are you really going to add animations for the asthma inhaler? :D

Yes, Mondkalb made a custom animation for the inhaler but we hadn't time to add it yet.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, while using the AT_Satchel mod with TeTeT's Nimitz port, I tried to place a satchel on the carrier. It spawned high up in the air above me. My best guess is that this is some issue based on getting the position of the player, maybe an issue that could be solved by getposATL/getposASL if it isnt already used.

So does this mean:"AT_Satchel

Needs CBA"

That we can attach satchels to the bottom of gunboats from underwater????????????????

Needs CBA"

That we can attach satchels to the bottom of gunboats from underwater????????????????

test it out and let us know the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is rather sad that every soldier and civilian in A3 has asthma and needs inhalers to counter it. Whoever is selling these inhalers must be making heaps of money.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, while using the AT_Satchel mod with TeTeT's Nimitz port, I tried to place a satchel on the carrier. It spawned high up in the air above me. My best guess is that this is some issue based on getting the position of the player, maybe an issue that could be solved by getposATL/getposASL if it isnt already used.

The script is using ATL coordinates and the eye position of the player. It's more likly related to a geolod/boundingbox issue of the Nimitz-port as the script checks for lineintersects withmodels and entitys.

Needs CBA"

Not yet. The script is just altering the position of a satchel after it is put on the ground. In ArmA3 you can't place satchel while in water so you can't place a satchel while diving. But you can attach explsoives to a boat from land or while standing in shallow water.

It is rather sad that every soldier and civilian in A3 has asthma and needs inhalers to counter it. Whoever is selling these inhalers must be making heaps of money.

The inhaler is meant to be a tempory bugfix and a parody of the current fatigue mechanics in A3. We obviously succeeded with the parody thing :D

Where can I download the AT_Satchel mod? I went on the website and I couldn't find a link to it. Thanks.

You have to download the whole pack, but it's not that big. You can extract only the @at_satchel folder if you don't want to use the other stuff.

Could you provide a link to the whole pack? When I go on your website I can't find it, thank you.

lol.... umm me thinks you may need to upgrade your prescription on your glasses.:p. there is a download link on the first page. it says DOWNLOAD... click on that ... youll "DOWNLOAD" the whole pack...:cool:

edit ---------------------------------------

it took about 30 seconds but i found it on their website as well ....

http://armaplayercenter.com/at_forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=120

:p

Edited by Lordprimate

at_satchel.bikey does not appear to work. I keep getting kicked from my server when I try to join with the mod. I have 7 other mods that are working just fine, I believe the key is not configured properly.

--------------Edit------------

Just played with the mod via single player and it works well! Only problem I've noticed is that once I place a satchel on a vehicle, with AI driver, the AI will not move anymore. Tested this with a rifleman driving a hunter with a satchel attached.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Satchel mod could use bit of tuning, it seems if you put a satchel horizontally on a wall or tank, most of the damage will be directed away from the wall or tank?

FYI - the AT Satchel mod is not signed properly, had to open it and sign it myself.

Could you email me the key/bisign file you made?

New mod 0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Maike;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Will there ever be an option for underwater explosive placement in your at_satchel script/mod.

I know Arma 3 has disabled underwater explosive placement, I am just interested to see if you believe it possible to do within your script/mod.

Awesome work by the way :)

Will there ever be an option for underwater explosive placement in your at_satchel script/mod.

I know Arma 3 has disabled underwater explosive placement, I am just interested to see if you believe it possible to do within your script/mod.

Awesome work by the way :)

Sorry for the late reply.

I experimented with underwater placement, but unfortunatly my "raytracing" for attaching the satchels doesn't work underwater (engine limitation for the commands I use). I could fallback to my A1/A2 solution with "virtual" (aka not visible satchels) and a "Attach satchel to vehicle"-action but I don't like this solution.