Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Work in Progress

Hi all.

After a while of absence I am somewhat back to Arma 3 modding, so I decided to start a new WIP thread with what I am currently working on.

Right now, I have re-modelled the M2010 ESR since I wasn't happy with the original one anymore. Below are three WIP-screens:

3ONs96Ts.jpgElBiuTCs.jpgQ0B3umOs.jpg

(Click for larger versions)

This one has a rather high poly count (12k) but I thought it was worth it to make certain aspects more rounded. I still need to tweak finger placement a bit, and the big issue is the reload gesture (I have absolutely no idea how to make decent looking anims with O2). This is the desert variant, I also made a black version, and I might still make a woodland variant too.

It has iron sights as well, bin mainly uses the Leupold scope.

There is a front rail piece for flashlights and/or laser pointer, but I plan to add another commodity for this slot: A detachable ghillie camo. Basically, this means you will be able to attach a "camo net" item instead of the laser/flashlight and get a camo version of the gun.

I am also looking into updating the ACR's, mostly retextures since I am quite content with the model. Here's a preliminary shot of the new ACR with Magpul AFG:

cHrhBi9s.jpg

(Click for... ah you got it already I guess)

ETA for the A3 Remington Pack. When It's Done

Looks gr8 m8, really can't w8. I r8 8/8

lol seriously? nice effort ;)

nice models. that sniper rifle is sexy!

I´m a big fan of the Remington Pack for ArmA2, I´m waiting anxiously to see those sexy guns on A3 too... Alwarren, if it is not too much of a hassle, could you make a replacement addon to put the ACR in the place of the MX on NATO soldier´s loadout? And the ESR in the place of the MXM too... when I saw the first screenshots of A3 (back in the day/ 2012) I though the MX were actually ACR, but when I played the Alpha, those MX toy guns disappointed me a lot (a caseless rifle that stills opens the ejection port upon firing, what a shame, they should have modelled something in the lines of HK G11 or some Cyberpunk caseless guns from C2020 or Shadowrun, for Willian Gibson´s sake!!!)

Keep up the great work! =)

loving the acr. now with that said are you going to make it to where we can change it to use all calibers ? like 556 6.5/6.8 and the american/russian 7.62 ? maybe change the barrel as well ? i own the airsoft version and well to have a fully functional acr in arma 3 would be sweet. also are you going to hit up fluttershy again to do the texture work ?

Outstanding work. Keep it up, i would love to see a great decently sized weapons pack addon like yours for Arma 3 sometime in the future.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Very encouraging :)

loving the acr. now with that said are you going to make it to where we can change it to use all calibers ? like 556 6.5/6.8 and the american/russian 7.62 ? maybe change the barrel as well ? i own the airsoft version and well to have a fully functional acr in arma 3 would be sweet. also are you going to hit up fluttershy again to do the texture work ?

I believe fluttershy is currently pretty much hooked up with his current project. I'll try to do the textures myself.

s for different calibers, I don't think that changing caliber right away is possible but since the number of models has gone down significantly, I might do an ACR with AK-47 magazine, and maybe a 5.56 variant (the current one uses the 6.8 SPC).

Outstanding work. Keep it up, i would love to see a great decently sized weapons pack addon like yours for Arma 3 sometime in the future.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this pack, although I suspect you will already know it :). Great weapons and attachments.

The Remington pack will still take a while, I'll have to see what else I add (I suspect I am going to throw in an M24A3 and maybe the MSR)

I felt the need to do some more modelling (config work can be quite boring) so I came up with this:

ms0Ils3s.png

This is the low-polygon version, came out a 6600 triangles. I'll make a railed version later, as well as the AR version. Still WIP, since it came out quite low on polygons I might add some more detail.

Liking the work Alwarren! Any possibility of adding some fancy AK's to your mix? Tactical ones like these http://imgur.com/a/2hADG you'd be a hero for the community! Would be great for PMC units and special forces and I'd love you forever :D

Liking the work Alwarren! Any possibility of adding some fancy AK's to your mix? Tactical ones like these http://imgur.com/a/2hADG you'd be a hero for the community! Would be great for PMC units and special forces and I'd love you forever :D

Yeah, I wanted to do some AK's somewhere down the line. I'll first finish the Galil, and maybe some other Israeli weapons. I also wanted to make some Heckler and Koch... *sigh* So many weapons, so little time.

Please, Alwarren, consider modelling the MARS sight so we can use it on your upcoming Galil and vanilla´s TRG (Tavor) - it has it´s on IR laser pointer, is it possible in ArmA3 engine to do so?

Waiting anxiously for the ACR =)

cheers!

*sigh* So many weapons, so little time.

That just made me think about how shit the selection of in-game weapons is again... Thanks BIS :clap:

Have you figured out the changes to the attachment system Al?

Looks great as usual!! Are you planning on making this weapon fully modular as in real life(interchangeable calibers, barrels, etc)? It would be pretty cool to pack around a long range "ESR Caliber Change Setup Item" in the backpack for those 1600m engagements. :) Also do you plan to port over the Scope Night Vision Adapter Sights from the A2 versions??? That would be great to have it included in your ACCs addon update as that setup is standard issue for many military weapon platforms. Keep up the hard work and thanks for the awesome addons!!

;2548341']Please' date=' Alwarren, consider modelling the MARS sight so we can use it on your upcoming Galil and vanilla´s TRG (Tavor) - it has it´s on IR laser pointer, is it possible in ArmA3 engine to do so?[/quote']

MARS sight is planned, Israeli weapons wouldn't be the same without it.

Waiting anxiously for the ACR =)

Coming...

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Are you planning on making this weapon fully modular as in real life(interchangeable calibers, barrels, etc)? It would be pretty cool to pack around a long range "ESR Caliber Change Setup Item" in the backpack for those 1600m engagements. :)

Changing the caliber and ammunition of a weapon isn't possible, so sadly, that isn't going to happen.

Also do you plan to port over the Scope Night Vision Adapter Sights from the A2 versions??? That would be great to have it included in your ACCs addon update as that setup is standard issue for many military weapon platforms. Keep up the hard work and thanks for the awesome addons!!

I'm not sure yet, either that, or a dedicated night vision scope. The problem with clip-on sighs is that it requires a shiteload of rail real estate. A dedicated scope would be better in that respect.

Changing the caliber and ammunition of a weapon isn't possible, so sadly, that isn't going to happen.

Just an idea, but couldn't it be possible to make it compatible with a bunch of magazines of varying calibers? Not the smartest idea to come from me, but it could be a way to reduce the number of ACRs (and so make it more modular).

Just an idea, but couldn't it be possible to make it compatible with a bunch of magazines of varying calibers? Not the smartest idea to come from me, but it could be a way to reduce the number of ACRs (and so make it more modular).

Yeah, but then you could just reload whatever caliber you like. I don't think that is a good solution.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

That just made me think about how shit the selection of in-game weapons is again... Thanks BIS :clap:

Have you figured out the changes to the attachment system Al?

I will be using ADSG Joint Rails because it's the cleanest solution to the attachment system. BIS standard weapons still use the array method, so I feel this is the way to go.