jw custom

Close Air Support Field System v0.4b

Hello, sorry I meant to say I tried them all separately lol :) it must be some sort of server issue no worries.

Hello, sorry I meant to say I tried them all separately lol :) it must be some sort of server issue no worries.

I will try it on a dedicated server later and see if there is a problem :)

**EDIT**

Yeah it does get added twice, here is a workaround until i get the script updated for proper multiplayer support.

Name the unit which should have the action: CAS1

In the init.sqf add:

if (vehicleVarName player == "CAS1") then
{
 player addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", {null = [_this select 0, 500, true, 1] execVM "JWC_CASFS\addAction.sqf"}];
};

Edited by JW Custom

**EDIT**

Yeah it does get added twice, here is a workaround until i get the script updated for proper multiplayer support.

In the init.sqf add:

{
 player addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", {null = [_this select 0, 500, true, 1] execVM "JWC_CASFS\addAction.sqf"}];
};

Your a top bloke and very helpful :) thanks dude really appreciated............

"If you use bikb's (sentences - kbTell) you can have it form sentences and call out the coordinates in any voice (including lip!) . i'd created a desc.ext class that allowed you to pass any sentence without having to define it first, ill update this post when i find it" ... Dr. StrangePete..

Its just a shame that this version of ARMA has so much less voice dubbed.. it makes it alot harder to say what you want now.

Great Job.. keep up the good work JW_Custom :)

I think it would be nice if you created or used an item that could be linked to this script so calling CAS would require that item to be in inventory (just like the UAV terminal... you could even use that) so that swapping the item with someone else would allow them to start using it. I also like the idea of controlling the flight path to avoid enemy overflight

I think it would be nice if you created or used an item that could be linked to this script so calling CAS would require that item to be in inventory (just like the UAV terminal... you could even use that) so that swapping the item with someone else would allow them to start using it. I also like the idea of controlling the flight path to avoid enemy overflight

Thats a really good idea, binding the action to a item i will look at that.

I also like the idea of controlling the flight path to avoid enemy overflight

Yeah me too but that would make it too complicated to use as far as i can see.

Oh how I miss Mandoble's scripts! This is the start of a good replacement! Keep going mate!

Hi JW,

Its a pretty good and useful script.

However I miss more damage...

How can I increase the damage to any bomb dropping...?

Hi JW,

Its a pretty good and useful script.

However I miss more damage...

How can I increase the damage to any bomb dropping...?

Either edit script to drop more bombs or create a mod/addon with a modified Bo_GBU12_LGB class.

Have been looking for something like this for ages. Nice work. Works well with F18 as fly in plane. (JS_JC_F18)

How do you increase bomb numbers?

**EDIT**

In the init.sqf add:

{
};

Hi if I wanted to add more than one CAS Operator how would I do that with this code please:

vehicleVarName player == "CAS1" then CAS2 and CAS3 and so on?

Fastest finger first gets a big thank you :)

Thanks

if (vehicleVarName player == "CAS1" || vehicleVarName player == "CAS2" || vehicleVarName player == "CAS3") then {

Top Bloke :)

Ressurection post much?

Ive been working on an edit of an old mission file and i cant seem to get it to work in multiplayer. i have the script working fine in the editor but as soon as i try to load it in MP/Coop, the loading freezes and the game becomes unresponsive. i tried it on your sampl file provided and it also still froze like the original file but again when loaded in the editor the script loaded and worked fine. i have no idea what the problem is and i was hoping you may have a suggestion?

is this going to be updated with more options like LGB strikes & simple CAS (plane staying around in the area for a small time) and a better console / tablet / laptop, this realy could be the next MANDO SUPPORT CONSOLE keep up the good work

I appreciate he is right but with limited knowledge of arma 3 editing his answer was rather vague whereas your answer was clear and simple.

Thanks

perhaps start reading to get a basic understanding of how the editor / mission building works ?

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files_editing_references

and

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13109

good luck and have fun editing

Edited by supergruntsb78
additional info posted

Is there a way to assign the CAS system to a backpack so the user of said backpack will be able to call in CAS? I put the code in the init field of a backpack which works when its on the floor but if you pick it up it disappears from the action menu.

I'm aware this thread is quite old but thought I'd try anyway.

Great work

Thanks

Hey mate, I am having this problem, I hope you can help me:

yu_zpse3f8f3e6.jpg

I have everything as it should be, however the script still works normally, but still this error is something I want to fix in my mission.

Also how would I be able to call this from the radio trigger instead of the units init box?

Thanks

Edited by DarkXess

hello everybody, i've got a problem.

Can you help me please ?

I have the same problem that DarkXess :(

i'm sorry for faults english i'm French ;)

Thank you.

@DarkXess and Brinik

I don't know how he set up his GUI code but I've become pretty familiar with GUI coding. It looks like you guys need to open description.ext, find the class definitions and add colorFocused[] = {0,0,0,0};

it'll be boring, thank you anyway :(, if you have more information I take ;).

have a nice day.

it'll be boring, thank you anyway :(, if you have more information I take ;).

have a nice day.

I downloaded his code and had a poke around. find "\JWC_CASFS\casMenu.hpp" and open it (you can use notepad). Scroll down until you see:

class btnRequest: JWC_Button
       {
       idc = 100112;
       text = "Request CAS";
       action = "casRequest = true; abortCAS = false; closeDialog 0";
       y = 0.619;
       x = 0.006;
       w = 0.178;
       h = 0.090;
               color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
               colorFocused[] = {0,0,0,1}; //add this
           animTextureNormal   = "";
               animTextureDisabled = "";
           animTextureOver     = "";
           animTextureFocused  = "";
               animTexturePressed  = "";
           animTextureDefault  = "";
       class TextPos 
       {
           left = 0.023;
           top = 0.027;
           right = 0.005;
           bottom = 0.005;
       };

};

That should fix that. Don't forget to save the file.

EDIT: For anyone interested in how to debug a GUI here's the process I followed to fix this. First I looked at the picture DarkXess posted a few posts above mine. The error was found in desciption.ext which is where the code was run. In description.ext I found this:

#include "JWC_CASFS\casMenu.hpp"

Great! Let's head over to casMenu.hpp. I opened that up and look what I found:

class btnRequest: JWC_Button

Important? Yes! Now you can put your colorFocused definition anywhere in that class, the only exception is that you can't put it in another class, like class TextPos which is so conveniently there. I prefer to keep similar definitions close to each other, though, so I put colorFocused under color.

Picture for clarity (colors correspond with thought processes):

2RPgHz4.png

Edited by DreadedEntity
Debug process/explanation
  • Like 1

BUMP

Hi guys, i am new to this but here goes.

I identified the line where is called in the standard ARMA3 CAS aircraft (cfgvehicle).

If I have added the A-10C or F/A or the Tornado GR4 - do you know how I can change this line to call in a new aircraft? I suppose its not entirely related but how do I find out the cfgvehicle name for aircraft in addons?

Also, how to get unlimited CAS, not just 2, i am only playing SP and its for a mission I am working on which is basically a week in a FOB.

Thanks

Edited by Mr_Burns

BUMP

Hi guys, i am new to this but here goes.

I identified the line where is called in the standard ARMA3 CAS aircraft (cfgvehicle).

If I have added the A-10C or F/A or the Tornado GR4 - do you know how I can change this line to call in a new aircraft?

Also, how to get unlimited CAS, not just 2.

Thanks

Love this script... use it all the time...

Mr burns

Find the cas.sqf file and about 20 lines down you will see this

_buzz = createVehicle ["I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F", _ranPos, [], 0, "FLY"];

replace the red part with the classname of your plane of choice

you can find this out by putting it down in the editor and it will be in the top right of the unit box and you

can copy and paste it from the editor box

to get more cas calls change this line in the init line you pasted into the unit

null = [this, 500, true, 2] execVM "JWC_CASFS\addAction.sqf"

the 2 is how many calls so change that to what you want... hint 99 is too many ;)

the 500 represents how close you need to be to target and i usually increase to about 750

Thanks Dreaded Entity for the focused fix... missed it but just saw that and its been bugging me :)