Sign in to follow this  
Rytuklis

Convoy ambush - not getting it right

Hello, I am trying to do a convincing convoy ambush cutscene. The cutscene fades in as the convoy is driving past the road and at the certain point it is ambushed. Now, I tried placing three groups of opfor and add waypoints to them "NEVER FIRE" and "STEALTH", then i synced them with a trigger. Once the convoy would enter a certain area, the trigger would activate by an external script and they would proceed into a farer waypoint, which says "OPEN FIRE, ENGAGE AT WILL" , behaviour "SAFE" and speed "FULL". Yet I cant get them to ambush the convoy on time, Theyre late or most of the time they get spotted by the convoy and opened fire upon, even though the convoy is set to never fire. How do i add a great element of surprise and make the convoy be ambushed at the exact time i want it to happen?

put for all your opfor units 'this setcaptive true' so the blufor units won't fire on them. then just keep playing around with the waypoints to get the timing right, I would imagine. trial and error is your friend :)