bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

Finally a bunch of CSAT missions to break the NATO monotonity.

Bardosy please tell me that in coop mode this campaign has no respawn or revive. Please tell me it has the GROUP AI replacement mode.

@Dar i edited your post with spoiler "tags" please use them when posting about spoilers :)

Bardosy please tell me that in coop mode this campaign has no respawn or revive. Please tell me it has the GROUP AI replacement mode.

Errrr.. It was, but a few week before i post it, i repleaced to base. I can replace back to group before next update.

Just saw this after my other post. Will try it out ! Your campaign are awesome as usual, expecting the same here :)

Errrr.. It was, but a few week before i post it, i repleaced to base. I can replace back to group before next update.

Oh boy... Please please switch it back to GROUP...

I made a HUGE update on three missions. I applied many changes and fixes.

I tried to develop your requests here and the Steam topic.

Steam links to the updated versions works and I tried to use my dropbox to share the three missions in one zip, but it's not worked as Variable told me, so please tell me: can you download from my dropbox? Did the share worked or not?

Bardosy, I was able to download from your dropbox. It is working.

Thanks for the info, caico1983! So it worked. It's a good news, because I'm able to upload the next versions easier.

I'm having trouble on the first mission capturing Feres. I walk on the trigger after having the town cleared but nothing happens.

I'm having trouble on the first mission capturing Feres. I walk on the trigger after having the town cleared but nothing happens.

Then the town isn´t clear yet. I had this problem inm a few missions that some AAF Bastard was hiding somewhere and I had to find him.

Then the town isn´t clear yet. I had this problem inm a few missions that some AAF Bastard was hiding somewhere and I had to find him.

Ah okay, thanks. Guess I have to look harder then.

Thanks for report this!

Until the last (big) update, the older UPSMON script didn't hide enemy sooo deep in the rooms, so it was easy to clear the town. After the newer UPSMON script, I had troubles like you napalmi, in the 3rd mission large town and the 1st mission last village, so I create lastloon-script to bring the last two-three enemy from their hidings to prevent the unlimited searching and searching what is very boring. I had no problem with Feres, but thanks for your kind feedback, I will add a lastloon script to Feres too.

No problem! Thank you for making these missions, I've been enjoying them very much. :D

After the last official arma patch (when the campaign come), my missions are pretty challenges. This patch probably made the AI smarter, because enemy destroy my support armors from very far distances. It's all playable, no showstoppers, but harder then before.

Additionally, everything was synchronized, but this patch made the speed of armors much different. Before this patch slow was only a little bit slower then normal, now it's really slow. I will try to recalibrate all three missions. But it need much time.

Can you guys help me to test the next(4th) mission? So it's not a release, but beta test request:

dropbox

This mission is a little bit more common, then others, because your team operate almost alone against light FIA groups at the back country. But I hope I can twist you a little bit. And this story is necessary to the continue of the campaign.

There was a serious bug in the last version )delete the whole squad of the player after the first major objective. So in the new version is fixed and other improvements. I hope I will publish it in Monday.

Dropbox It's the same URL as above, but I upload the newer version.

Have you removed the squad teleporting feature yet? It invariably happens when I run ahead in a vehicle, and they end up getting dropped from a height of 2 meters and then run over.

Also, as a general criticism, the chances of finishing any of these long-ass missions with a combat-effective force is pretty much nil. Could we reinforce our squad like the AI allies do? Otherwise it means taking the last objective alone, most of the time.

Could we reinforce our squad like the AI allies do? Otherwise it means taking the last objective alone, most of the time.

Will that work on a dedicated server when playing the missions in coop?

The remove-squad bug was my fault and I fixed it.

There are reinforcement in my missions. Not as much as for AI groups, but I expect better fight from the players than AI. But There are critical points in my long missions when reinforcement will arrive to the player's squad. In this last mission (Clearing) there is a huge reinforcement after the first main task: the squad will get soldiers to raise their count to 10 because they have to operate alone in the second part of the mission.

Variable: in the first three missions I gave reinforcement with only non-playable soldiers. But in the last 4th mission I gave the reinforcement in playable soldiers. So I will add this feature to the first three missions too. It means (I hope it means), because of group respawn, if your mate die, he can spawn in these newly joined solders too.

New mission added: Clear.

You can check the details in the first post. You can download the all missions in one ZIP from DropBox (I hope Armacholic update the mirror soon) and from Steam Workshop.

I can't post more picture in the first post, so the new mission preview pictures are here:

c7yx.th.jpg vlxo.th.jpg og5w.th.jpg

There are also small changes (mostly re-balancing after the Arma3's Survive-patch) in the other missions too.

Variable: in the first three missions I gave reinforcement with only non-playable soldiers. But in the last 4th mission I gave the reinforcement in playable soldiers. So I will add this feature to the first three missions too. It means (I hope it means), because of group respawn, if your mate die, he can spawn in these newly joined solders too.

That's awesome! Never seen this work thus far in coop, I wish you luck.

New mission added: Clear.

You can check the details in the first post. You can download the all missions in one ZIP from DropBox (I hope Armacholic update the mirror soon) and from Steam Workshop.

I can't post more picture in the first post, so the new mission preview pictures are here:

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/2335/c7yx.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img24/3018/vlxo.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img6/3563/og5w.th.jpg

There are also small changes (mostly re-balancing after the Arma3's Survive-patch) in the other missions too.

Thanks! Updating.

We have a hard time testing your missions since we are too many for them during coop nights. Do you happen to have plans for making missions with more slots?

If you want i canopen more role in my persian missions (eg the other squads what all AI now), but i will not publish this, just send you, because you have to know the rule: the main squad have to survive at least one man, because without the main squad the triggers will not work. And the reinforcement of AI squads may seems odd, if players fight in it. But i understand what important to play together. Is it ok for you? It means, the main squad have to play, but other squads can play too.