bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

Thanks Variable to share this info with me!

As I wrote in an other topic, I take a break with Arma (this is what I do year by year since OFP), to not boreing the game. But it's good reference when I will return.

Ohhhh quite a bummer, I was so hooked up by the Altis Bastards campaign/Bad Company Greenbag campaign but I guess it will have to wait your ArmA sabathic year... have a nice break, Bardosy!

@Variable: Oh my... Sorry. Thanks for report it! I will check and fix.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]: "ArmA sabathic year" :D LOL, it was very funny! But the good news it's only a few month, not a year. :P

@Variable: Oh my... Sorry. Thanks for report it! I will check and fix.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]: "ArmA sabathic year" :D LOL, it was very funny! But the good news it's only a few month, not a year. :P

Great news, some months pass quickly and I hope you get back with "full steam" and finish off the Bastards/Bad Company campaign (and release it as a campaign file), we need more witty humourous missions/campaigns as you´ve done ;)

cheers!

Who said Iranians are the bad guys O.O

Anyway, downloading now! I will enjoy being a bad guy perfectly!

Thanks a lot for this campaign Bardosy, i had great fun till now :yay:

I had a problem with narrow pass , found a work around i want to share:

Transport Helo would not get to new objective (compound attacked by FIA), i tried many unsuccesfull things, then finally killed the copilot (the one on left side), climbed in his seat and then the helo would proceed to correct waypoint.

I am now stuck in next one because I found only one AAA, but i'll keep looking around :p

I found that bug with the transport helo and copilot, so I just delete the copilot and all went. I guess this showstopper appear after the helicopter DLC.

Additionally, I add psyco's revive script to all mission and the possibility to turn off fatigue:

* in SP default is the BIS fatigue and my automedic script, but player can turn off the fatigue in action menu and can add revive system to the mission (also in action menu), but this will disable the automedic (to avoid incompatibility). Both action menus is available near a vehicle, mostly in the vehicle what transport the player in the begining (in Clearing mission there is no transport at the begining, so there is an unusable Ifrit near the start).

* in MP coop default is the revive script and no automedic at all. And server admin can turn off the fatigue as mission settings.

The mission pack and the campaign also updated in my dropbox links. I hope Armacholic admins will update their repository soon. (Thanks for your hard work, Armaholic guys. As I saw, you didn't rest even in christmas and new eve night.)

For Armacholic, this is the short version of changelog:

FIX: minor problems due to new BIS patches

ADD: MP server option fatigue ON/OFF

ADD: in COOP MP no automedic, but AIS INJURY by psycho

ADD: in SP you can choose AIS INJURY by action

ADD: in SP you can choose turn off fatigue by action

The steam workshop is not up to date currently, but I will update asap.

Thanks for Variable and CiA for their feedbacks and advices!

hi I just finished second mission "second front" but that didn't take me to next mission and backed me to game menu.

Hey, thanks for report it. I checked it, but it should be works fine. Could you please try this: start the second mission again (relax, you haven't play it through again!) and hit the endmission cheat: Press left-shift + numpad-minus and then type: endmission

It will end the mission like normal and please test what happened: start the third mission or it drop you back to the main menu again?

Thanks I did that and used cheat code, also replayed whole "second front" mission again but still same issue and after finishing mission returned back to main menu!

Very, very strange. :confused:

Could you please tell me when and where did you download the campaign pbo?

I just downloaded it from armaholic, the whole campaign pbo file, is there any code to execute in debug console which finnish campaign and take me there to next mission? this "endmission" code seems didn't help.

While the campaign is selected hold left shift and the numpad's minus key, release and type campaign. This should reveal all the missions of the selected campaign.

While the campaign is selected hold left shift and the numpad's minus key, release and type campaign. This should reveal all the missions of the selected campaign.

thanks Yep I know that since OFP 2001! but I just want to make campaign save files unlock my last mission, not by cheat as that's temporarily , any way to edit them? as it seems by finishing seventh mission, I won't take to the last mission.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

The mission pack and the campaign also updated in my dropbox links. I hope Armacholic admins will update their repository soon

so armaholic version isn't update? should I download from your dropbox to see that issue is fixed or not?

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

so armaholic version isn't update? should I download from your dropbox to see that issue is fixed or not?

I don't think so, because to me both version works fine.

There is a campaign description.ext file what descript which mission follows the mission and this file was not edited for a year at least.

So, I'm very confuse of your error report.

Hey,

I request some help. I need someone who can test the workshopped campaign version.

This campaign was upload to workshop as separated missions and Armacholic host it as a campaign. Now - with fantastic help of IndeedPete - I uploaded the campaign version as a Mod.

Here you can subscribe the campaign WS

So please, test it if you can and feedback me: is it working?

Hey,I request some help. I need someone who can test the workshopped campaign version.This campaign was upload to workshop as separated missions and Armacholic host it as a campaign. Now - with fantastic help of IndeedPete - I uploaded the campaign version as a Mod.Here you can subscribe the campaign WSSo please, test it if you can and feedback me: is it working?

Is this all seven missions combined into one?

Is this all seven missions combined into one?

Yeah. As a campaign.

I created the oldschool OFP-ish campaign lot of month ago and Armaholic host it as a campaign pbo what you can download in you arma's campaign folder. But most people only believe in workshop (I completly understand, because it's much easier to use and less complications). But currently it's not easy to upload campaign to workshop. But IndeedPete helped me a lot to kindly explain how to do it.

If you subscribe it and Steam download, you can use it as a mod: in Arma launcher, you can thick it in the checkbox and when play, it will be show up in campaigns.

Actually, since I request help, I made a lot of test and it seems to work. But this is my first try, so if anybody has a feedback about workshopped campaign (what is actually a mod), please do it.

Yeah. As a campaign.

I created the oldschool OFP-ish campaign lot of month ago and Armaholic host it as a campaign pbo what you can download in you arma's campaign folder. But most people only believe in workshop (I completly understand, because it's much easier to use and less complications). But currently it's not easy to upload campaign to workshop. But IndeedPete helped me a lot to kindly explain how to do it.

If you subscribe it and Steam download, you can use it as a mod: in Arma launcher, you can thick it in the checkbox and when play, it will be show up in campaigns.

Actually, since I request help, I made a lot of test and it seems to work. But this is my first try, so if anybody has a feedback about workshopped campaign (what is actually a mod), please do it.

Yep. That's exactly how to launch IndeedPete's M.E.R.C.S (which is excellent so far) so I'm familiar with launching campaign missions that way.

And yes, it confused me at first too because I wasn't used to having to actually active a mission itself in the Mods tab in the launcher. :) I'd suggest you add that part to the description on Steam otherwise you're going to get asked about it a lot in the comments.

I've been switching between a lot of ARMA content these days but I could probably make sure it's working properly through Workshop if you'd like. The mission sounds like a lot of fun.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add note in the campaign WS how to play it as a mod.

I hated EDEN update, because it has a bug, what deny me to even start Arma3. But three weeks was enough to support (hell no) the community to solve this problem (I have to delete a system file from the windows - WTF???). So finally I could start Arma3 and check what EDEN really do (besides bugs to prevent launch).

To test, I start with Force Recon mission of this campaign. And my face fall off. Eden update is so extremely and brutally cool! It's a whole new game! Originally I just want to check the new audio, but the AI (actually the enemy) was far-far better then before. Intense firefight, suppressing fire. Move, fire, cover.

And the audio is also fantastic.

In this mission there is a point when enemy start to bombard the HQ far back. When I created this mission, I have to move closer the invisible target of bombardment, because there was no sound. Now everything is different. Probably I have to move this invisible target back to the real HQ, because the bombardment was too laud in this close (1-2km). It was petty awesome!

• Like 2

I hope this amesement with Eden will grant us another future great campaign by Bardosi (BTW, will the Greek Dozen campaign continue? I hope so ;D

Bugs and pain is part of ArmA growth process, just like teenagehood lol

cheers! 

• Like 2

Thanks, and you are right: I was immune to bugs in gameplay, but it was shocked to cannot run the game. before this I thought only loosers has same problem ;) And probably I'm right :D

Currently I enjoy this whole new game. Yesterday I replay Mazi beachhead and everything was new. Now I noticed not just the enemy AI was better, but my ally too. In the endgame, the last village there was no MSE support before EDEN. But now not all MSE was destroyed, so it supported us, but finally it blocked the way of the extraction MSE. I thought it's a showstopper and I cannot end the mission properly, but finally the 2 MSEs unblock themself. To defending me az a mission maker, it never happened before, because MSE's AI was so bad, they all destroyed during the mission.

So playing everything again is the first reason why I don't start to mission making again.

The second one, I'm not impressed by the new 3D editor. It's almost fantastic when you need to set up a scene (almost because I found some gliches), but creating the mission's backbone is too hard. So I decided to use the 2D editor in the future, and when everything fine, I will convert it into 3D and finish the scenery.

I planned to create new missions to Greek Dozen, but I started a new project to convert one of my unpublished A2 campaign on Island Duala. I was stopped in it, because Duala contains rebels in A2 but not in A3, and icebreker promised to publish those african rebels, but not yet. And I know there are african rebels to A3, but those requeres more mods and it will be great to keep minimised the quantity of mods. So until then I could continue the greek story.

• Like 2

Bardosy, I'm glad to see you have more projects the the pipeline.

Regarding mods, I'd recommend to stick to ones that are commonly used in the community. If you'd use CUP and RHS, a lot of players won't have to download anything new because they most probably already have it.

• Like 1