bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

No limit. In my tests I always use a lot of mortar strike.

My first thought is to not checking the isServer in one of the AAF waves creator script and in that case you multiply the enemy by your numbers (clients). But it's almost impossible. I didn't make so noob mistakes in my scripts. But I will check it at home.

The second thought is when you try it first time, a few AAF squad didn't attack you directly, but wandering on map. I got issue reports about this: after hold the counter attack, they found AAF squads all around the map. Then I add more waypoints to the squads and probably they attack more directly. But the aggressiveness is come from your AI mod. In my vanilla state, AAF attacks, but not so aggressive. When we shoot them, they lay down and slow down and I have time for call mortar strike... Oh, probably this is the reason: your squadleader call the strikes, but the agressiveness hurry the AAF squads and strikes hit the nothing.

minor spoiler: but in mission #6 there is a very similar situation (with less enemy, but limited arty strikes)

Now I'm eager to try this mission again! :) We will beat them this time.

Thanks for being Bardosy, we love your missions.

Thank you! I try to keep up the standards.

I counted the counter-attacking AAF squads: it's 15 squads, each has 8 member. So it's 120 AAF soldiers. And all place is checked isServer, so your clients can't multiply this number.

What a campaign this is! I played your missions on ArmaII but these are great, fun to play with the Iranians. I can understand what they are saying, some of it we have in Turkey too. Persiand and Turkish has mixed, but now that i think of it.... how can CSAT have a HQ in Ankara, Turkey? Turkey is in NATO :j:

great job buddy, would love to see a alternative story for the Islands... like one where Turkey invades the island, you can do this when a Turkish mod comes out. We allready have a Greek one right? Keep up the great work!

Turkey is in NATO now. But probably not in arma3 story. Because if the CSAT didn't capture Iraq and Turkey, they cannot operate in Aegean.

Thats a good point... i read somewhere that Turkey has been mentioned in the original campaign story. This may be off-topic but have you read that?

Anyway, great campaign :) i am in the 3rd mission now.

Finally I make fist mission to FHQ TaskTracker compatible, so it's much coop friendly. Currently I updated the steam workshop only, because I'm planning to make a few more changes. E.g. I added Lightning effect to last mission. And probably TTS voiceover to mission #3 and #4. Then I will publish a new version of campaign and mission pack.

need help, i cant find

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

found it, nevermind.

Thank you! I try to keep up the standards.

I counted the counter-attacking AAF squads: it's 15 squads, each has 8 member. So it's 120 AAF soldiers. And all place is checked isServer, so your clients can't multiply this number.

Mission complete!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I was a fool to select to play this mission while it was already 01:30, I ended up getting yelled at by my wife when she caught me try to sneak in to bed at almost 04:00! Damn you bardosy, you just keep piling up those objective at us don't you? I loved that mission, it's like a little campaign within a mission. We survived the initial counter attack by laying low, using thermals to spot the enemy, snipe them from afar and repeatedly calling mortar fire missions on them. The rest really felt like a real war, with moments of silence and on the other hand, moments of sheer terror with all the world blowing up around you. Awesome work! I'll put up a video of that mission and post it. Looking forward to Ep.4!

A full playthrough of the awesome "Narrow Pass" mission. Definitely your best mission ever Bardosy! Thanks a lot for it! It was so fun playing it...

Hey, I want to watch a movie tonight, but I watched your play in Narrow Pass! Thanks to post it without cut! It was a very good experience to watch your play. I laugh a lot about your comment. You are a nice clan!

Hey, I want to watch a movie tonight, but I watched your play in Narrow Pass! Thanks to post it without cut! It was a very good experience to watch your play. I laugh a lot about your comment. You are a nice clan!

A coop night without a bardosy mission is not a coop night. Looking forward to more missions!

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

The defence part was so cool, directing the other guys towards groups of FIA using the drone was a lot of fun.

I found a bug also :) The helicopter circleing above you had to be destroyed. And it confused you, when you was waiting for it, instead of cars. I have to fix it, to make it more obvious.

I put the UAV for coop players and for fun. In single, you cannot use it, because you have to command your men infinitely. I was glad you find it.

I like the sound mod what you use. In the defending scene, the machineguns had a very deep voice. But in the very end, the explosion had no noise :( .

I saw you just drop the radio and pick a backpack. Why? Is not necessary to carry a radio with that mod?

Oh, and your tactics... It was nice, when the first ambush, you guys were very cautious. But in the last objective, you just drove into the danger zone... :D But you solved it!

Very exciting move. Thanks. I'm wandering to post it in Steam, but it contains many spoilers.

I like the sound mod what you use. In the defending scene, the machineguns had a very deep voice. But in the very end, the explosion had no noise :( .

Yeah, the sound wasn't heard because apparently, there's a bug in JSRS with hearing explosions when you seat inside an Ifrit (or any vehicle? I didn't check). Explosion sounds are loud and clear when you are not sitting in a vehicle.

I saw you just drop the radio and pick a backpack. Why? Is not necessary to carry a radio with that mod?

The radio I dropped is a long range radio of the TFAR radio mod, and is used to communicate with leaders of other teams. It's assigned automatically to the all team leaders. In this mission there's only one team, so I dropped it because I had no one else to talk to. The communication inside the team is done by the short wave radio, which I had in my items.

Oh, and your tactics... It was nice, when the first ambush, you guys were very cautious. But in the last objective, you just drove into the danger zone... :D But you solved it!

Very exciting move. Thanks. I'm wandering to post it in Steam, but it contains many spoilers.

In the first ambush I wanted to go with one team on the hill to get eyes on the enemy and send another team to flank them from the left. It wasn't that cautious to climb up the hill under fire. You can actually hear one of the team complaining that "they can see us" but I figured it was too far for them to lay down accurate fire so I took the chance.

On the last objective I wanted to have some excitement so we drove up to the compound to have some close range combat. I also knew it will turn out nicely in a video ;). When leading I like to take risks, usually it proves to produce more fun than being cautious even if we do suffer casualties.

Yeah, it was great fun when your drove into the danger zone. My first thought was, it's your last move... :) But you survived very well!

In the first ambush there was a confusion also, isn't it? Some guy had to be down, near the ambushers, but he was next to you on the hill?

Because of your kind feedback of Mazi Beachhead's weapon- and ammo shortage, I put many option to other missions to get weapon, ammo and equipment. It was great to see, you use it well. Even from the ambushed truck too.

In the first ambush there was a confusion also, isn't it? Some guy had to be down, near the ambushers, but he was next to you on the hill?

Yeah, I wanted team red to wait by the buildings and suppress the enemy while me and team blue climb up the hill. Once we were there, I wanted team red to storm the enemy while we (team blue) suppress the enemy. However, I wasn't clear enough, so team red regrouped with team blue instead of storm the enemy position. Luckily, it didn't lead to any disaster; eventually team red managed to get back to the buildings and storm the enemy while we were suppressing the enemy as planned.

As you can understand we use TPWCAS suppression mod, that allows us to suppress the AI.

As you can understand we use TPWCAS suppression mod, that allows us to suppress the AI.

Yes, it was very impressive.

And there was some AI mod too, isn't it? Because the ambushers drop smoke grenades (I didn't script them to smoke).

Yes, it was very impressive.

And there was some AI mod too, isn't it? Because the ambushers drop smoke grenades (I didn't script them to smoke).

Yeah, that's ASR AI. They throw smoke when they realize they are losing :)

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

I'm now preparing the next video - a full playthrough of episode 3 - Goose Green :yay:

I hope you don't have plans for tonight bardosy ;) Goose Green video is up! The longest video I ever uploaded...

Hi,

thanks for this campaign, I loved ur Arma 2 ones. Though i think the first mission might be currently broken.

First off AI wouldnt listen to orders. They had immense trouble regrouping. 95% of time they d walk, refusing rapid movement. I had to storm the first city along other squads, because mine was 300 m back, moving at snails pace. Later on AI became nearly completely unresponsive. They wouldnt enter empty Hunter vehicle and they wouldnt even follow my orders as vehicle commander (forward, left, right etc.). I didnt run it with any mods apart from some minor ones like shacktac sthud, so i have no idea what caused this, maybe its not ur mission but current Arma version. All the problems I had were AI related, so i think UPSMON might be the cause of the trouble. I didnt use AI mod.

At the very end, when all obj are captured and we are supposed to get in APC, to return to Ferez, nothing happens after entering the vehicle. Other than that the mission was great and had nice atmosphere and captures good combined arms feeling, so thanks for making it

Edited by KaneSvK

@KaneSvK: Not this, but lighter bad AI behavior happened with me in the very early version of ArmA3. I hope BIS didn't do the same bugs into the game again. Honestly, I didn't playtest this campaign with the last two patch, so I don't know what happened with AI. I'm sure UPSMON didn't do such things, because UPSMON is only applicable for enemy, not friendly AI.

Thanks Variable to share this info with me!

As I wrote in an other topic, I take a break with Arma (this is what I do year by year since OFP), to not boreing the game. But it's good reference when I will return.

Thanks Variable to share this info with me!

As I wrote in an other topic, I take a break with Arma (this is what I do year by year since OFP), to not boreing the game. But it's good reference when I will return.

Ok bardosy, have a nice break. Oh and I've been meaning to tell you that we have completed the Persian Tale campaign! Awesome job man. So much fun through all the episodes.

(Just one bug- seems like that in the last episode the domes you placed got multiplied)