bardosy

[SP Campaign] Persian Tale - Iranian combined arms by bardosy

Hi Bardosy, its nothing big but Intro mission dont have overview picture in campaign menu. The rest of missions have them.

Hey bardosy,

we played 5 missions so far from Persian Tale, i like the feeling i get while playing it, it feels like a war at large scale, very well balanced and the map performance is good considering the number of objects. Good job!

Do you have a website or a place from where we can be sure we can find the latest version of your work? Please reply here or send me a PM. Thanks.

So far i made 2 videos based on your mission but i intend to make a video for each.

Nice video there. Well done.

You guys speak very good Farsi as well.

Finally I could upload to steam workshop the last mission Pandora's Box.

@aliascartoons: I have no any arma specific site. I publish my missions/campaigns here in BI forum (upload to my dropbox) and ask Armaholic to host my files. But I guess you found my missions at Armaholic.

@Kommiekat: ;)

Hey Bardosy,

There is a possibility to create another campaign from this camp.

All you need to do is this time make it on the side of the Independents.

You've already got all the units placed done on the maps. Just reverse the story.

Naturally the Greeks have to lose this campaign, but it can still be a campaign from their side of the story.

You only need to delete the SUCCESS triggers for Opfor and then create SUCCESS triggers for IND.

Let's take the first mission for example:

Have a team of Greeks defending FERES.

Then use a trigger like:

Independent not present

!alive _units >10...............or something like this.

Then new way-point appears with new mission orders to RETREAT to the airport.

Have team arrive arrive at airport SUCCESS, then battle at airport.

Same trigger of !alive _units > 10, then another new way-point RETREAT to Selakeno.

Team retreats to Selakeno and fights again. They are of course over whelmed each and every time, but lastly, they retreat again and, mission SUCCESS and END.

You can do this for all the missions.............

Fight, retreat, fight retreat, fight retreat..............

Just an idea of-course. The Greeks have to be defeated in the camp.

Hey Kommiekat.

It's not so simple IMHO. What is pure simple is to convert these missions into NATO. I did it with 1st and 6th mission and it's fun. I just publish in the last minute the 1st mission NATO version to Workshop in name "Mazi Bay".

But you're knocking in a half open door: I always love resistance side since OFP Resistance. It's hard, but much more romantic than east or west. :) So before BIS campaign was released I planned to create a greek campaign. But when the BIS campaign was released, it was almost the same story (but on AAF side) what I planned: a regular greek army try to defend altis: slow down the CSAT assault, but always retreat. (it's 3-4 missions) And when Altis lost and CSAT won the battle, regular soldiers turn into guerillas and fight against the invaders. (it's also 3-4 mission) And finally NATO decided to land on Altis, then greek guerillas join to NATO and fight next to american soldiers with american equipment and they assault and win. (It's 4-5 mission).

I created CSAT campaign for learn the new possibility of arma3 and testing myself. But when I found my campaign idea could be just a copy of official, I abandoned it. But now, when Persian Tale is finished, probably I rethink it. Maybe I drop the "guerilla fight"-idea and create a campaign like "Perpetua" for Arma1. I don't know yet.

I would realy like to see campaign where we play as AAF soldiers. We could fight against NATO, CSAT or against Resistance. Your idea is good to.

I started thinking that maybe i could make short campaign for AAF, for example the beggining of Survive, AAF forces attack NATO forces on Stratis or something like this.

Edited by tom3kb

But you're knocking in a half open door: I always love resistance side since OFP Resistance. It's hard, but much more romantic than east or west. :) So before BIS campaign was released I planned to create a greek campaign. But when the BIS campaign was released, it was almost the same story (but on AAF side) what I planned: a regular greek army try to defend altis: slow down the CSAT assault, but always retreat. (it's 3-4 missions) And when Altis lost and CSAT won the battle, regular soldiers turn into guerillas and fight against the invaders. (it's also 3-4 mission) And finally NATO decided to land on Altis, then greek guerillas join to NATO and fight next to american soldiers with american equipment and they assault and win. (It's 4-5 mission).

I understand.

All my missions and Campaign are either Opfor or Independents.

Last few missions were focused on Illegal CIA operations.

I fully understand.

You guys are great.

I'm planning a new AAF side campaign.

This is the teaser video:

The base (playable) squad is a Greek SF unit with big mouth. They are very (a little bit too) proud. I hope I could create a mood with humor and story but keep the tactical experience of my missions.

Great idea, Bardosy! I always wanted to play a Bad Company´esque campaign in Arma (tongue n cheek humour with tactical fun)! Bring it on!

(Hope you find some greek accented guys to voice acting your campaign... thou google voice is funny per ce lol)

cheers!

You guys are great.

I'm planning a new AAF side campaign.

The base (playable) squad is a Greek SF unit with big mouth. They are very (a little bit too) proud. I hope I could create a mood with humor and story but keep the tactical experience of my missions.

Anxiously looking forward to it!

Nice forest atmosphere ;), looking promising.

The first mission is ready. But it's too small. So I have to add more something: if it's an interactive intro, I have to add more details (conversations between the main characters) or if it's the real first mission, then I have to add more tasks. ;)

And my main problem with this campaign: I love the idea to make a bad company style, but the missions in my head are typical "SF missions" for one squad (eg: we got an order to eliminate a FIA cell in the wilderness and we contact with them and sell them weapons and equipment and when they pay the bill we eliminate them.) But these funny missions are exceptions from my style (platoon- or company size battles). So I wandering: if I mix these one-squad missions with my platoon-size missions, it will confuse the players or not?

At this point we could presume anything, the blend between those 2 approaches depends a lot on your vision, and i believe in your talent.

So i'd say do as you feel like it, follow your guts and accept the consequences later :D

Here it is a video i just released based on your Narrow Pass mission. Thank you!

Edited by aliascartoons

Thanks for the video!

It has two experience for me:

1. The helicopter over the outpost. Both helicopter had to be destroyed, so it could be there only because of miracle ;)

2. The destroyed building was the HQ - you could see the furniture - and I never destroy it before. It's really weird, the building is destroyed, but furniture are intact. :D

Thanks for the video!

It has two experience for me:

1. The helicopter over the outpost. Both helicopter had to be destroyed, so it could be there only because of miracle ;)

2. The destroyed building was the HQ - you could see the furniture - and I never destroy it before. It's really weird, the building is destroyed, but furniture are intact. :D

LOL, so we finished the mission without knowing, well... in war you may never know :D

Just finished this, Bravo! Really well put together campaign. Thoroughly enjoyed it to the point I am sad it's over!

Bardosy, we tried Goose Green (Ep.3) for the second time on Thursday and it appeared to me there were much more enemy units than in our first attempt. It was just crazy, there were so many units that they practiacally swarmed us! We holed up in a building and the amount of fire was just staggering. They ran out of rifle ammo and jumped us with their pistols! We play with ASR AI but so was the first time we tried this mission. Maybe some update broke something in the mission?

@Beastly-Skids: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@Variable: I will check it, but I cant imagine a patch could change it.

When you have to hold the counter-attack did you use the mortar support?

And could you destroy the AAF armors?

And what did do the other squads and your armored support?

I know a lot of AAF squad are attacking there, but I continuously call the mortar strikes again-and-again. And with this arty strikes and the other squads (I guess it's not a secret: they never could annihilated, because they got infinite reinforcements) do the job and finally we hold it. The AAF waves are not infinite. More or less 8-12 squads are coming. Probably the mod what you use make them more aggressive, but I can't imagine this mod multiply them.

@Beastly-Skids: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@Variable: I will check it, but I cant imagine a patch could change it.

When you have to hold the counter-attack did you use the mortar support?

And could you destroy the AAF armors?

And what did do the other squads and your armored support?

I know a lot of AAF squad are attacking there, but I continuously call the mortar strikes again-and-again. And with this arty strikes and the other squads (I guess it's not a secret: they never could annihilated, because they got infinite reinforcements) do the job and finally we hold it. The AAF waves are not infinite. More or less 8-12 squads are coming. Probably the mod what you use make them more aggressive, but I can't imagine this mod multiply them.

Ok, we WILL try this again! [insert warcry here]

Yeah, we used all our rockets against the attacking armour with good effect. Our armour attacked as well but was destroyed by the enemy armour and infantry. We had CSAT infantry support but the AAF infantry just washed them away.

Yeah, we used all our rockets against the attacking armour with good effect. Our armour attacked as well but was destroyed by the enemy armour and infantry. We had CSAT infantry support but the AAF infantry just washed them away.

Was epic, at some point when we were out of ammo i was trying to kill enemies with chemlights :) and i was begging for a surrender option :)

I wish i had more ammo before going in, we had friendly vehicles at the beginning with ammo but we didn't expect to waste so much ammo so we didn't take none.

I like the mission as it is, we just need to try again [waaaarrrcryyyyyy] :coop:

And the mortar support? Did you use it?

Yes, Alwarren was our leader and he called in some fire missions. Maybe he could have called for more. I don't remember, is there a limit to it?